Reunited

Adventures of an Unlikely Group

Ave’s POV

 

Squinting in concentration, I slowly begin to make out enough details to know I was heading towards the mouth of a cave. A faint glow could be seen in its depths, whispering promises of warmth and safety. Finally coming up to the entrance, I could hear faint murmurings, almost like someone’s whispering inside. Stepping into the mouth of the cavernous structure, I breathed a sigh of relief at the sudden feeling of calm the seclusion of the cave brought. Slowly moving forward, I quickly wiped the water off Luke’s and my face before glancing up to get a good look at my surroundings. As I brought my eyes up, I suddenly came face to face with a set of sharp canines snapping just inches from my nose. Screeching in fright, I threw myself violently to the side, shoulder connecting painfully with the solid rocky structure of the cave wall. Trying to gather my bearing, I awkwardly shuffled along the wall, tears of terror spilling down my face, body angled protectively over Luke who was squirming frantically in discomfort. A clawed hand swung out from the corner of my eye, slashing across my unprotected forearm. A bright hot pain flowed up my arm, causing the muscles to twitch, and making me momentarily lose hold of my squirming child. Before I could snatch him back into the safety of my arms, I was suddenly airborne. Over the frantic beating of my heart, there was the sound of screaming, but I couldn’t make out what was being said. Colliding with the opposite wall, I slumped into a heap on the floor, like a marionette who’s strings were snipped. Head throbbing from impact, I opened my eyes to see nothing but a blur. Slowly, my vision cleared but the pain remained, probably have a slight concussion. Struggling into an upright position, I glanced up to see clawed hands poised in preparation to slash my baby. “PLEASE DON’T!!! LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!” I wailed desperately, wearily dragging my body along the ground. Hand beginning the descent to deliver the final blow, a figure suddenly flew through the entrance, tackling the creature, hurtling them further into the cave. Punches were thrown and bodies writhed forcefully as each tried to gain the upper hand. Using the distraction, I forced myself upright and rushed over to Lu. “AVE! AVE! COME OVER HERE!” A voice suddenly pierced my panic-induced fog. In the far corner of the cave, chained to the wall was.... “FO? What’re you doing here? Is this where you disappeared to!!” “Time for talk is later, right now you need to come help me. I have the key, but I can’t get my fingers to grasp it properly, the circulation to my hands has been cut off for too long.” Nodding in confirmation, I dashed over. Carefully setting Lu next to Fo, I took the offered key and made quick work of the cuffs. When freed, like a god of wrath, Fo stormed over the the fighting pair and tore them apart, sending each in opposite directions, “ENOUGH!!” Almost like power was enforced into the command, everyone in the room stopped. Breath panting from bruised faces the men just sat and glared at one another. “As much as I don’t know nor like half the people in here, there’s a toddler on board so, we’re all gonna sit and have a proper adult conversation ‘cause I feel like there’s a whole lot of misunderstandings in the air. For starters, who the hell are you?” she pointed to my savior, whom I happened to recognize immediately. “.....Yuya. I met Ave not too long ago....” “How’d you find me?! I thought Ren got you!!” I questioned, unable to hold my curiosity.  “I......took care of him.....” he answered carefully, “Went to the place where the tunnel ends and followed your tracks here. It was a nasty night and I was worried you’d find more trouble” he snarled the last word, heated glare directed towards the other male in the room. “Not my fault she stumbled into a wolf’s den without warning! I’m a werewolf! My instincts got the better of me!!” WEREWOLF?! They EXSIST?! Growing light headed, I flopped down to lean against the wall, Luke lying against my chest, fast asleep now that the excitement died down. “Not only did you almost kill my sister, but a CHILD! I don’t give a damn about your instincts, thank your wolf god I didn’t skin you alive myself” Fo hissed at him. Eyes growing large in alarm, his eyes flashed between the two of us, “I’m sorry! I didn’t know!! You don’t smell related!!! Ignoring the whimpering werewolf, Fo turned to me. “Who’s that?” Oh god..... How do you explain to your overprotective sister that you the man she saved you from? “Ummm long story short, this is your nephew Luke. He’s 2 now.....” Eyes narrowed, Fo nodded in understanding, but I could tell by the look in her eyes it was a subject we’d revisit more thoroughly in the future. “I hate to interrupt the reunion, but if two of you found my secret cave, I’d like to leave before I have anymore unwanted visitors.” “Why do we have to listen to you fleabag? How about you stay and the rest of us leave!” Yuya jumped to his feet, walking towards Luke and myself. “My mate stays with my and I with her” the wolf answered simply. “Mated was never in the realm of possibility, but unfortunately Baekhyuns’s right, we should find new shelter. I don’t think any of us can handle anymore surprises tonight.” With everyone in agreement, we gathered what little supplies were in the cave and set out into the dark. Luckily, the rain stopped, but it left a chill in the air. The kind that seeps into your bones and leaves you shaking like a leaf. “Here, let me take Lu for a bit. You’re exhausted and I have more body heat” Yuya whispered, holding out his arms. With a grateful smile, I bundled Luke up and set him in the cradle of Yuya’s arms. 

 

               For what felt like hours, we slowly traveled through the woods, lead by the wolf...... Baekhyun, I believe. Every so often we’d stop to catch our breath while the wolf scouted ahead to make sure the coast was clear. “I think I see something” Fo mumbled beside me, pointing towards a shadow lurking in the dark. “It looks like an abandoned cabin” Baekhyun stated, eyesight much better at night, “Ill be right back.” “So... mated?” I snickered as we stood waiting for a sign that it was safe. “Kidnapping, chaining one to a wall, and forcefully biting doesn't constitute as mating in my book” she huffed. “Not to mention the fact I’ve never met him before. So a literal stranger tried to force himself on me. Then I find out werewolves are real and he’s trying to force a permanent bonding that’ll take away my will?! No, not mated, I’ll fight it to the end tooth and nail.” Seems like I’m not the only one who’s fallen into a slum. “Just rid yourself of the mutt, silver works best” Yuya chimes in. “It’s Baekhyun, not mutt. Buildings empty, should be safe for tonight” the wolf appeared from the shadows, blatantly ignoring the fact that his death was the topic of conversation. With a renewed burst of life, we quickly shuffled into the run down cabin. Not in the best shape, but sturdy enough to last the weathering of the seasons, the structure was much larger inside then what it appeared at first glance. Through the entrance stood a spacious living room, two couches and a recliner surrounding  a solid oak coffee table, all covered in a thick layer of dust and cobwebs. Siting further down a set of stairs sat the kitchen. You can tell by the marble counter tops and what appears to be a stainless steal fridge, the kitchen was once a glorious sight to behold but years of disuse, mold, and rust have decayed the countertops and turned the fridge into a giant block of tetanus waiting to happen. On both sides, there was a set of doors, most likely leading to equally shabby rooms. It’s so sad..... in its prime, this must’ve been a glorious place to vacation peacefully away from civilization. I wonder what happened.....

“I thought you said this place was empty” Fo’s voice suddenly broke the silence. Turning towards her, I couldn’t hold in the gasp of horror and outrage that fell from my lips. “Is.... is he mine?” 

 

 

 

 

 

For anyone anyone confused by the name change, we changed the Kwanghee’s name to Luke, however I’m writing this on my phone and it hates AFF so I have to wait to change the previous chapters til I get on a computer!!! Sorry for any confusion!!!!!!!