Freedom

Adventures of an Unlikely Group

Fo's POV
 
Darkness..... From every direction, eyes closed or open, I was completely surrounded by an unsettling inky wall. No matter how hard I squinted, no trace of light flickered before my hopeful eyes. I'm not sure how long I've been here, chained to this wall. Could've been days, but it feels like years...... Having no sunrise or sunset kinda throws off one's sense of time. How did I get here you ask? Well, your guess is as good as mine. The last thing I remember is saving my twinny, Ave, from being by some girly man in an abandoned warehouse. After assuring myself she was safe, I wandered throughout empty rows of shelves, taking in the utter chaos of merchandise strewn across the floor. Either someone REALLY wanted to find something, or a disgruntled worked came back and ransacked this place after it was closed down.... Anyways, I was taking in the scene, when I suddenly felt extremely light headed. Gaze shifting up, my eyes landed on an open window several feet in front of me, sunshine streaming through in calming rays. I believe that was the last bit of light I saw before blacking out.
 
          When I first opened my eyes to my new surroundings, panic set in. Being unable to do anything, but hang on the wall due to my limbs being restrained in metal chains, did not calm my sense of unease. Letting out frustrated grunts, I strained against my bonds, desperately trying to free myself. After a while of useless struggling, I slumped over in exhaustion, whimpering in pain from my raw wrists. I could feel blood running down my arms from where I cut my wrists against the metal cuffs. Seeing as how I wouldn't be able to break free, I began screaming for help, praying someone would hear me. I screamed myself hoarse, to the point where I felt like my throat was bleeding, but not a sound other than my cries were heard. Eventually, I gave up hope. No one was coming to my rescue......
 
               "Meal time" a hoarse voice shattered the silence. Lifting my head expectantly, I patiently waited for the familiar feeling of food being pressed to my lips. I'm not sure who this guy is, but a short while after I had lost all hope, he began what I call 'daily rounds'. Twice a day (I'm going to assume), he shuffles in with food and drink. I get just enough to survive, but still remain on the brink of starvation (my guess is to make sure I don't regain strength and break free from this hellhole). After I've finished my meal, he walks me around like a dog on a leash, exercising my weakened limbs so they don't wither away to nothing. Occasionally, I'm allowed bathroom breaks, which consist of me feeling around some dark room for the toilet....... If I ever, by some miracle, get out of here, I'm going to be literally 'blinded by the light!' "The boss isn't allowing you exercise today" the hoarse voice murmured next to my ear, spooning the last bit of food into my waiting mouth. "What? Why?!" I cried out through a mouthful of food. Instead of answering, I heard the telltale sound of my only company leaving the room, firmly closing the door behind him. Hanging my head dejectedly, I forcefully swallowed the food in my mouth, feeling it work painfully past the growing lump of distress in my throat. Why would my daily routine suddenly get changed? I have a feeling SOMETHING is going to happen, I just can't determine if it'll be good or bad.........
 
           *BOOOM* I snapped awake to the sound of an explosion somewhere in the distance. Eyes widening in shock, I sat up, ears straining for anymore sounds that seemed out of place. Wait a minu- I'M SITTING!!! Cautiously, in case it was some sort of sick joke, I crawled away from the wall I've been living against for who knows how long. With each step I took, my heart tightened in anticipation. "I-I'm free" I stuttered, eyes blindly staring towards the place I was chained only a few hours ago. Chuckling in shock, it quickly turned into full-blown hysterical laughter, tears streaming down my face. "I-I can't b-b-believe it" I stuttered through my laughter, clutching my stomach as the giggles kept wracking through my body. Slowly, the laughter died down 'til I lay gasping on the ground, trying to regain my breath. As air flooded back into starving lungs, my brain started racing. I need to get out of here NOW! I don't know how it happened, but I have just been presented my miracle, and there's no way I'm letting this opportunity pass by. Hands grasping at a nearby wall for support, I pulled my weak body up to stand unsteadily on two feet. With a renewed sense of determination, I slowly shuffled forward, feeling around for a door. Occasionally I'd stumble, but the thought of escape urged me on until eventually, my hands brushed across a door knob. Letting out a squeal of success, I cautiously turned the knob, surprised to find it unlocked. Giving a little tug, the door creaked open, letting in a blinding ray of light. Shrieking in pain, I brought my hands up to protectively cover my burning eyes. Breath unsteady, I removed my hands, blinking against the piercing rays of the light. Although it hurts me, I NEED to fight against the pain! I NEED to stand in the light again, letting the rays soak into my skin as I finally SEE. With that thought, I opened the door the rest of the way and stepped out into the bright light. Blinking rapidly, I could feel tears streaming down my face. Slowly but surely, my eyes adjusted, and with a light heart I looked around, finally able to see what was in front of me. "Wha?" Gasping in shock, I gaped at my surroundings. Woods, as far as the eye could see lay before me and surrounding me were crumbling walls of concrete....... It looks like someone bombed the place, and I was lucky enough to be in a room untouched by the violent explosion. Rain came down in torrents, soaking the tattered building's remains and cleansing me of all my filth and grime.  Fighting back my initial shock, I began to run. I can't take the time to question this miracle, I just need to get as far away as possible. Pushing my exhausted body passed its limits, I ran wildly through the woods until I couldn't take another step, collapsing onto the rain soaked ground..........

 

Wooooo \^0^/ Now we have a start to both stories XD I personally like Ave's better, this one didnt come out the way I imagined.... Oh well :D Hope you enjoy!!!