Distance

Adventures of an Unlikely Group

IMPORTANT: Just wanted to warn everyone now, so there's no confusion later. Originally Avylol08 and I wrote this story on FB messenger when we were bored. It was kinda of a back and forth thing we were typing. She'd type a paragraph and I'd continue on....So, the story will start off as two different and meet as one later. Also, our POVS will switch frequently. Besides that little factor, I hope you all enjoy and remember, these first few chapters are two different stories going on at the same time 😄
 
 
 
Ave's POV
 
 
"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" "You can do it! Just breath deeply and then push as hard as you can." "I AM!!! *panting* GAAAHHHH!!! MAKE IT STOOOP!!!"................. After seven antagonizing hours, I finally gave birth to a beautiful boy. Laying back exhaustedly into the hospital pillows, I stared lovingly down at my baby. "I'm going to name you... Kwanghee" I cooed, gently grabbing his little hand. "Would you like to meet daddy?" Lifting my head, I glanced around the room, trying to spot Luhan. Discovering that he wasn't anywhere in the room, I focused attention back on my little bundle of joy. "Looks like you'll have to meet daddy later. He's probably in the bathroom or getting food right now" I mumbled, running my fingers across Kwanghee's soft cheek. "Excuse me" a voice interrupted my happy haze. Head snapping up, I spotted a nurse standing nervously in the doorway. "Yes?" "I was told to give you this letter" she walked forward, a look of pity on her face. Staring suspiciously at the nurse, I cautiously grabbed the letter out of her hand. With a polite bow, she shuffled out of the room, firmly closing the door behind her. "Why do I feel worried?" I mumbled to Kwanghee, slowly opening the letter. Eyes scanning down the page, I felt my heart plummet further with every word:
 
Dear Avril, 
        Not sure what exactly I should say to you.... To start, I'm sorry all of this ever happened. You shouldn't have gotten pregnant, 'cause honestly, I didn't plan on staying with you. I felt obligated, however (after I was ), to at least hang around and see if you got pregnant.... which you did...... But now that our son is born, I don't feel the need to stay, so I'm leaving to be with my love, Suho. That's right, I'm gay... Once again, I'm REALLY sorry, but I don't plan on completely disappearing. I will send money frequently to help pay for our son.                       
                                           Sincerely, 
                                                      Luhan 
 
What? He's leaving me?! But, I can't take care of Kwanghee alone! I don't want my baby to grow up fatherless!! Why stay with me through nine months of pregnancy just to leave after I give birth to OUR son?!?!?!  And what's this? him? Did Luhan forget he's the one who tried to me first!!
 
Flashback- "Well HELLO there little lady. Aren't you a pretty one" Luhan sneers, moving into my bubble space. "G-get away from me" I squeaked, trying to shuffle around him, only to be stopped by a hand to the throat. "I don't think so honey. You're not going anywhere" he whispered in my ear, free hand slithering to my shirt. "N-NO! Leave me a-alone!!" I shrieked, struggling to break free from his firm grip on my neck. "Quit squirming!!" Luhan growled, slamming me against the warehouse wall. Why would I think it was smart to come into an abandoned building alone?........ "YAAAHH!!!" I screamed as Luhan began shredding the shirt from my body. "FOBE HELP!!!!" I hollered desperately, hoping she'd hear my plea for help. "Hehe, as if anyone can help you now." Shirt hanging in shreds, he moved down and began pulling off my pants. "Y-You can't do this! Sto-" "AVE!!!" I heard Fobe shout from somewhere near. "I'M OVER HERE!!" Footsteps closing in fast, I saw Fobe appear from around the corner. Charging forward, she tackled Luhan, his head bashing off the ground at impact. "Are you okay?" she looked at me with eyes full of worry, pushing herself off of an unconscious Luhan. "Yeah" I huffed, re-buttoning my pants. Shirt's beyond help, so i'll just have to go out like this. Turning to thank Fobe, I found no one behind me. That's weird... She was here a second ago. Looking back down at Luhan, I had this inkling to teach him a lesson. Do to him what he was about to do to me. Nodding my head as a sort of silent confirmation, I crouched down and straddled Luhan...... and him......
 

            You know what?! I don't need him!! I'm perfectly capable of caring for MY son without him. And who needs his stupid money, certainly not me! Crumpling Luhan's note, I blindly threw it and pulled Kwanghee protectively to my chest. "We need to get out of here" I whispered to my baby. With a bit of effort, I was able to push myself out of the bed. Standing on shaky legs, I slowly shuffled to the door, Kwanghee held firmly in my arms. Cautiously, I peeked out the door for any signs of life. Seeing no one around, I dashed out the door and down the hallway, glancing around frantically for the exit. Come on Come on, how to I GET OUT OF HERE!!! "OOF!!" I stumbled back a few steps from the force of the impact. "Woah, where are you going? You don't look so good" a male voice reached my ears. Stiffening in anxiety, I looked up with a forced smile, "I'm fine! Just leaving... Could you point me to the exit? I'm a bit lost" I chuckled awkwardly. "Oh, just keep going the way your heading, to the end of the hall, then turn to the right. Exit will be right there!" Bowing in gratitude, I proceeded to follow his directions and sure enough, THERE'S THE EXIT!!! With my last bit of energy, I dashed out the front doors only to crash into ANOTHER person. Letting out a yelp, I fell back onto my backside. "Are you okay? I'm terribly sorry" a voice from above stated, followed by a hand coming into my line of vision. Letting out a grateful sigh, I latched onto the hand, allowing the person to help me to my feet. Readjusting Kwanghee in my arms, I looked up to find myself face-to-face with a police officer. "Hey, you're Avril right?" "How do you know my name?" I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at the man. "Oh, how rude of me! My name is CNU" he smiled kindly down at me. "Currently I'm tracking down the whereabouts of a pimp by the name of Junmyeom aka Suho. During my investigation, there have been sightings of Suho with a new 'lover'. Looking further into this new bit of information, I've come to discover this mysterious person as Luhan, your... boyfriend?" "He's nothing to me anymore" I hissed angrily at the mention of HIS name. "Well, I need to bring him in for questioning and sources say he was here with you." "He was, but he left" I grumbled, unconsciously tightening my arms around Kwanghee. "He's gone?! Do you have any idea where Luhan went?" CNU stepped closer, making me feel very uncomfortable. "No, he left before MY baby was even born." "Hmm, how about we go down to the station? I want to ask you a few more questions, and it'd be a bit more comfortable in a place where we can sit and just chat calmly." "No" I mumbled, taking a step away from CNU. Taking a hold of my arm, the officer pulled me closer to him. "Listen, it'll only take a few so why don't you just come quietly!" "NO! LEAVE ME ALONE!!" I shouted, shoving the officer away and dashing past him into the woods. Suddenly, rain began to pour down on us, lightening flashing across the sky. Heart rate quickening in fear, I hurled through the dense forest, branches seeming to reach out and grab at me. Pulling Kwanghee more into my arms protectively, I blindly continued on, determined to put as much distance between me and THIS PLACE as possible.......