Chapter 2

Save the Dragon and Slay the Princess [HIATUS]

"This is not fair!" EunAe sighed as she slumped into her seat next to Yoonmi. "Why does it have to be me." she whined placing her head on the desk. 

"Don't worry EunAe, it could be fun!" Yoonmi attempted to make light of the situation, "And if it's not it's only 40 hours anyway." She patted EunAe on the back. EunAe lifted her head up with a sullen face as the Mrs. Lim began the lesson. 

 

After lesson EunAe and Yoonmi went to their lockers to get their books for next lesson. As EunAe was opening her locker she heard someone singing her name down the corridor, 

"EunAeeee" A male voice sang, and she turned around to see who it was.

Kwon Jiyong stopped and leant against the locker next to EunAe's. "Mrs. Lim told me you are to tutor me for 40 hours." he grinned cheekily, shutting EunAes locker so he could see her face, "I think we will have lots of fun, don't you think?" He winked as he walked off. EunAe stared at her locker for a few moments before Yoonmi spoke up, 

"EunAe, are you okay?" She shook her friends shoulder to take her out of her trance. 

"Eurghhh!" EunAe let out a scream, "There is no way I can tutor that! He will never take me seriously!" She began to rant, "I have to go tell Mrs. Lim there is no way I am doing it!" She began to turn around, ready to stomp back to the classroom. 

"EunAe wait," Yoonmi grabbed her wrist, "You're going to have to do at least one session with him. Mrs. Lim won't let you back out easily. You heard that she said he will not gradute if you don't tutor him right? You have to give it a chance." She smiled sheepishly tring to make sure EunAe didn't lose her temper at the idiot. 

"Fine," EunAe let out a frustrated groan, "One session only, and if he messes around I will refuse to even look at him" She stormed off in the other direction to her next lesson, with Yoonmi following her slowly, shaking her head. 

 

As school finished, EunAe ran to Yoonmi's last period. "Yooonmi, can we go get some coffee? I need to de-stress," she asked the moment Yoonmi appeared from the classroom. 

"Of course! And maybe we could shop a little?" Yoonmi replied cheekily, linking her arms through EunAes trying to be as cute as possible so she would agree. 

"Fine, we can. It doesn't sound like such a bad idea today, even if I do usually hate your shopping." EunAe laughed as they made their way out of the school gates. 

"Hey, hold up there missy!" A cheeky voice said as EunAe felt her wrist being pulled back towards school. "Were are you going? I thought we had a date?" 

EunAe squeezed her eyes shut in frustration and prayed as she turned around, hoping that it wasn't who she thought it was. She opened one eye slowly and released an irritated sigh when she saw a smug looking Kwon Jiyong holding onto her wrist. 

"We, Kwon Jiyong, do not have a date! I am only tutoring you because I am forced to!" She ripped her wrist from his grip, "And we are certainly not starting your sessions tonight, I already have plans." EunAe huffed, grabbed Yoonmi's arm and began to walk away. 

"I guess I'll just have to tell Mrs. Lim that her star pupil has an attitude and refuses to help poor little me." Jiyong leaned against the fence, teasing EunAe, knowing she wouldn't be able to stand any of the teachers thinking anything but good of her. 

"Do you have to be so immature Jiyong? I'm sure you want to learn as much as I want to tutor you." EunAe's voice began to raise as she got more irritated, "Which is not at all. I'm sure you can wait till tomorrow to do whatever you plan to do to make me miserable." 

Jiyong stood up from the gate and slowly walked towards the girls, "You think I want to make you miserable?" Jiyong innocently asked as he closed the distance between himself and the girls, "I think we can have some real fun with this tutoring thing sweetie." He used one finger to lift EunAe's chin so she was looking up to his face. 

"This tutoring thing, is not meant to be fun." EunAe slapped away Jiyong's hand. "I am going to tutor you one hour at a time and then we shall never interact outside of our sessions," She spat angrily.

"We'll see sweetie, don't worry I'll make sure we enjoy it. I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow." Jiyong winked and walked off. 

"We. Need. To. Go. Get. Coffee. Before. I. Explode." EunAe breathed harshly, while turning back to Yoonmi, trying to stay calm. Yoonmi took one look at her friend and dragged her to the nearest coffee shop, not wanting her to stay mad too long or she would have to listen to EunAe's rant on how irresponsible Jiyong is.

 

An hour later EunAe walked into her house and slumped straight onto the couch and switched on the TV so she could forget about today, "EunAe, shouldn't you have homework you need to be doing?" Her mom came into the room, confused to see her hard working daughter watching TV so early on a school night.

"I've had a bad day mom, I don't feel like studying right now," she pouted, hoping she wouldn't be made to study. She was about to explain to her mum when the front door opened and closed with a loud bang.

"Mom! Mom! Mom!" Dongho shouted running into the room,"Guess what I saw, you're going to be unhappy with EunAe." He grinned, trying to cause trouble for his big sister, not realising that EunAe was in the same room. Their mom looked between the two teenagers, wanting answers.

"Oh.. hey EunAe noona," Dongho waved when he saw his mom looking down at his big sister. "Didn't see you there. Well, I guess I can let you explain to mom about the school idiot being your new boyfriend." Dongho stuck out his tongue and narrowly dodged a cushion that came flying his way.

"He is not my boyfriend," EunAe fumed, "What gave you that stupid idea!" She yelled, throwing another cushion at her annoying brother. 

"Don't lie!" He hid behind their mum, who looked very unhappy at her childrens' behaviour, "I saw him almost kiss you outside the school gates."

"ENOUGH!" Mrs Shin yelled before EunAe could throw anything else, "What is he talking about EunAe? You know you have no time for boys if you are to stay top of your class."

"Eurrggh!" EunAe groaned and slid back into her seat. "He is not my boyfriend. He is a jerk and I have to tutor him to pass my volunteering," EunAe exclaimed to her mom and brother who looked at her with confusion in their eyes.