Chapter 3

Save the Dragon and Slay the Princess [HIATUS]

EunAe just couldn't wait for the day to end. To her right, sat Jiyong. It was their first tutoring session, and EunAe could feel that everything was just going to end wrong. Minutes before, Jiyong had greeted her with a bright grin, swearing that he'll pay attention the whole time. Of course, it was a lie. 

“Jiyong, can you please just pay attention?!” EunAe screamed, just a few minutes in the session, getting more and more frustrated at the pretty boy sitting besides her.

“But this is boring,” Jiyong whined, puffing out air as he slumped back into his chair, “Can’t we do something else? Something more interesting?”

EunAe turned in her seat to face Jiyong. “We haven't even worked for a ten minutes yet. You better start putting some effort in, Jiyong, or the next 39 hours and 50 minutes would be hell," she sternly told him, while trying to contain her rage in, before he could continue to complain.

He laid his head on the table, still about wanting to go out, as EunAe gave a sigh. She could feel herself giving up on the whole tutoring thing already. She had no idea how to handle this pain in the that refused to cooperate. 

"All you have to do is listen to me for 50 minutes and I'll test you next session. It's not that hard!" She slammed a book on the table, causing Jiyong to jump up in his seat. 

"I have a better idea. We do 10 minutes of work and then have a break." Jiyong grinned, enjoying this. 

"No." EunAe stated firmly, "You are going to listen to me starting from now." She opened the text book, ignoring Jiyong's whines and began teaching. "Okay how about we start with some science, maybe physics?" 

"But I don't like science," Jiyong said and puffed out his cheeks. 

"Tough, looks like we are learning physics today." EunAe smiled smugly. "Okay, so lets start with something easy, like waves."

Jiyongs head immediatly hit the table. 

"That's not easy at all, you only think it's easy because you can understand it, this , I need a break." Saying this, Jiyong stood up from his seat and headed towards the door. 

"Where do you think you're going? We haven't done anything yet!" EunAe yelled at Jiyong and stood up, going after him. 

"I'm getting some fresh air, just wait here." The boy replied without even looking back and walked out.

"No way! If you leave, I'm not going to come after you." EunAe followed Jiyong who walked down the empty hall.

"I think I like that. So long EunAe!" Jiyong said with a smile on his face and dashed away. 

"What? What about our session?" EunAe shouted and ran after the boy. Unlike what people think she's like- being fragile and weak because of her being a straight A nerd- EunAe is actually a pretty athletic girl.

Footsteps echoed as the two dashed down the hall. After a while, Jiyong looked back at EunAe with an impressed expression. "You're still keeping up? Never thought a girl like you would have such endurance." 

"Stop right now then! I won't give up untill I catch you and drag you back to the classroom!" EunAe said and glared at the boy who was still running. 

"Let's see you try!" Jiyong laughed and ran into the male washroom, leaving the frustrated EunAe by the entrance.

"Alright... I've had enough of this crap. I swear Kwon Jiyong, if I don't teach you a lesson today, my name is not EunAe..." The girl growled through her clenched teeth. 

"Good bye EunAe. See you tomorrow!" Jiyong's voice boomed from inside the restroom.

"Oh no you don't!" EunAe inhaled deeply before stepping into the boys' washroom. 

EunAe let out her breath when she saw that there was no other boys in here except for Jiyong, who just stared at her, wide eyed. 

"You know this is the boy's bathroom right?" Jiyong asked in shock.

"Yep, and now I'll bring you back," EunAe replied and walked towards him. 

Without any warning, Jiyong climbed up the open window and jumped out onto a big oak tree, clutching on the branch, from the second floor. EunAe stared at him in surprise.

"Bye bye!" Jiyong sang as he climbed swiftly down the tree. 

Seeing this, EunAe ran to the window and also decided to jump. "I'll get you..." She mumbled under her breath as she got ready to jump onto the branches. 

"What?" Jiyong gasped in shock as he watched the girl jumping after him, from the bottom of the tree. She's going to hurt herself bad... Jiyong had frequently jumped from the window the past years and he would often still fall and stumble sometimes. He tensed up and quickly hopped onto the ground, prepared to save the girl if anything happens. 

EunAe on the other hand had regretted her choice not even a second after she leaped from the window. Once she realized how far the thin branch was from the building, she knew there wouldn't be a happy ending. 

She swore in her head before her foot completely missed the branch. Squealing in horror, EunAe quickly reached for the brach with her arm. Although she got a grip on the rough branch that was too thick for her small hands, all that did was break the fall a little before she headed face down towards the ground.

Jiyong watched as the girl fell from the tree. At the last second, something motivated him to move. 

Squeezing her eyes, EunAe prayed as she waited for the pain that never came. Instead of smashing onto the hard ground, she fell on something, someone. Slowly lifting up her head, the first thing she saw was Jiyong's worried eyes looking into her's. 

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked awkwardly.

"Yeah... Thanks for being my landing pad..." EunAe replied 

"You really want to pass this class, don't you EunAe?" He sat up on the grass, amused by her determination.

"Don't laugh at me Kwon Jiyong!" EunAe turned her back to the boy and crossed her arms, "Some of us would like to graduate."

Jiyong jumped up from the grass and placed his head on EunAe's shoulder. "Well I guess I have to try to let you pass," he thought out loud, "But it has to be fun for me or I'll just run away again." EunAe jumped away from him causing him to stumble a little, at which she tried to hold in a little giggle.

"You are too much hard work," she sighed, "Okay, you can have one ten minute break for each session but that is it." She gave in to him, not wanting to have to chase him out of windows again.

"Deal." Jiyong grinned, "Well I guess this game was my break right?" EunAe nodded angrily at him. "So let's go back to class." Jiyong groaned at his own words, turning around and slowly walking back to the classroom they were studying in.

However, EunAe found it hard to believe he would so easily allow her to teach him. She actually believed that he was already thinking of another escape plan as they made their way back.