Chapter 1

Save the Dragon and Slay the Princess [HIATUS]

The girl thrashed about on the bed, groaning, trying to withstand the assaults from her mother. It lasted for minutes, with her mom pulling of the blankets, and the girl pulling it back on. Frustrated, her mom stomped out of the room, leaving the girl wearing a half-consious smirk on her face. A few minutes later, the girl, now covered in water, finally got out of bed.

"Wow, you just had to pull that one on me," she muttered while smoothing back her soaked hair, squeezing the water out of it.

Sighing once, betraying her own pride, she fell to the ground, changing her face in an instant, "Please mom? I'm... I'm.." She looks around for an excuse. Seeing her brother nearby, pretending a cough, she follows suit, and coughs twice, "I'm sick! You.. you're the one that got me sick!" 

Her mom stared at her with as much pity as one would look at a report card with more than 2 failing grades and said in sarcasm, "Yeah, very likely."Then, she clicked her tongue unapprovingly and babbled on, "EunAe, you know better than ditching school. You need to mantain your first place."

EunAe stood up quickly, slightly embarrassed by her mother's words. She dusted her pants off and said bitterly, "I knew that this would happen. No use in trying anymore I suppose." Her mom gave a firm nod, agreeing to her daughter's statement.

 

Half an hour later, EunAe stood in front of the front door, waving a good bye to her mom, she muttered a few incoherent words before turning around, giving the door a loud slam. She sniffed in the crisp air deeply and shivered from the cold north winds. Hugging onto her bag, she climbed in the car, onto the back seats with her brother, Dongho.

The car started, His brother turned around and faced her. His grin annoyed her, and Dongho knew it. He said in a teasing voice, "I knew that I should've brought out my phone today. That scene would've got more than a thousand hits on youtube!"

"Oh shut it," she replied with a snarl on her face. Dongho snickered before turning away to face the windows.

"Mr. Kim!" EunAe called to the chauffeur in front, "Please drop me off a block from school." 

"Yes, Miss Shin."

Cocking his eyebrows, Dongho eyed his sister weirdly. "What's the reason this time? You don't want to go to school with me? Or.. is it that you don't want everyone to know how rich you are?" Dongho said and slightly tilted his head.

"It's you, it's you. "  EunAe quickly replied and immediately jumped out of the car once it stopped.

EunAe searched for one particular person, she looked left and right, and finally spotted her in the middle of a crowd that was forming around two people, it was her bestfriend Yoonmi.

She walked up to them, and tried to see what everyone was ogling over. In the middle of the circle stood Kwon Jiyong, the local troublemaker, and one unknown guy, whose face was dripping red. The unknown one was lying on the ground, groaning in pain, and just besides him was Jiyong, who was crouched like a frog, with a mischeivious grin on his face.

"What the.." A girl dressed in pink pushed through the crowd, directing all of the attention to her instead. "What are you two.." She gave a gasp, helping the wounded one up. She glared at Jiyong, "It's you again! What did you do? I'll make sure to get you expelled this time!"

"No need to be this worried, president-nim. It's just stage blood. He-" The boy in the president's arm said, but pain was clearly heard in his vioce.

Jiyong quickly lifted his arms up, "He fell on his own. I did nothing I tell you. Just landed a few taps on him, and wallah, he fell down in shock." The trouble maker laughed and commented, "Such a stupid kid." 

As the president and Jiyong exchanged more arguements, EunAe left, pulling Yoonmi alongside her. Taking a couple glances back, she mumbled, "I don't see why that guy keeps being like this."

"He's always been like this. Well, ever since grade school. Don't you remember?" Yoonmi replied.

"Yeah, of course. He's been in every class of mine. It's annoying," EunAe puffed up her cheeks for a few dazed seconds.

Yoonmi chuckled, before looking urgently at her friend, "Oh, wait. I just remembered. Can I look at your notes?" She smiled sheepishly, "I forgot to study for the test today. And knowing you," she quickly hooked her arms around EunAe's, "You'll definately let me borrow them, right?"

EunAe laughed at her friend's behavior, and shuffled through her backpack, "Fine. But remember, this is the last time."  

 

Moments later, the two girls arrived at school. Kids wearing the same gold striped uniforms as the two flocked through the school gates, avoiding the drillmaster that was trying to stop practically every student to check on their appearence. The two went to their lockers to grab their stuff needed for the first class.

As EunAe arrived at class, she set her stuff down at her usual spot in the corner, next to Yoonmi's. Just when she was about to sit down, Mrs. Lim called her over. 

With a gentle voice and a warming smile, the teacher said gently, "EunAe, I know that you'll hate this, but, I have no choice. You don't have anything done yet for the 40 hour volunteering session that's required to graduate highschool right?" EunAe gave a hesitant nod, wondering what direction the teacher was going in.

"Well, our class clown Jiyong is in serious trouble with his grades. If he can't pull them up, he won't be able to graduate highschool. So my plan for your volunteering session is for you to tutor our very own Kwon Jiyong for 40 hours so that he can graduate high school." She took a small breath and shot EunAe an apologetic look.

"So are you up for that EunAe?"

EunAe stared at Mrs. Lim as her brain tried to process what her teacher had just told her. It took a whole minute, which was quite unlike her for her to be that slow.

When she finally understood what the teacher had said, her eyes widened and her jaws dropped. "What!?" EunAe gasped in shock. In a matter of seconds everyone turned towards her with confused look on their faces.

Seeing the reaction she had caused, EunAe cleared , and said loudly to all those that surrounded the teacher and her, "Turn away. And mind your own business."

She sighed heavily, returning back to the teacher, trying her speech again, "I guess I don't have a choice if you teachers have already decided. I will do it, because I'll need to graduate highschool... but only if Kwon Jiyong takes it seriously." EunAe became heated up at the idea of tutoring someone who didn't want to learn, "I can't be wasting my time teaching him if he is just going to mess around." 

"Of course, I shall explain to Mr Kwon that he is to take this seriously if he is to graduate high school." Mrs Lim smiled sweetly at her star pupil as she waved her back to her seat so she could begin class.