Chapter 1

Mutants
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara is sixteen.

 

She's at a elective leadership and tactics's class with Mr. Summers, who's busy scolding some kid with light power that has been messing with the projector ever since the class started. The window next to her looks much more interesting, actually, Jean Grey being outside with her class of Telekinesis control and things flying everywhere. Even students.

Dara would like to have telekinesis.

Minzy is next to her paying attention to whatever the teacher is saying while the plant kid- Taemin, sends her tiny flowers over her desk. Bom must be in their room, maybe still recovering from their latest training in which that kid with lightning powers lost control and burnt part of her leg. At least she didn't complained much, her having a crush on said kid being an important factor on the matter.

Dara would like to have lightning powers. They were hard to control and usually have a lot of inconvenients but at least is invisible. Nobody would know you're different.

And at least she would be able to do something aside from flying and look pretty while doing it.

She stares at Cyclops nape. Her notebook is empty with a single pink hair lying on top of it.

She sighs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara is sitting on the roof.

Storm has scolded her before for this but she's really not feeling like being inside with the rest of them, the kids with much important mutations. Her wings envelop her figure when she feels cold, and a chuckle escapes when the latter shivers with her once they're fully placed around her body. Stupid wings.

She sighs again.

Two years living at Xavier's school for gifted youngsters mansion and she still feels like an outsider. 

Most of the students are nice- particularly the teachers, some of them complimenting her hair and wings whenever they catch her feeling down. Of course there are stupid kids that bully her and others with less stronger mutations, but she never found in herself the will to care. 

It's just that she feels useless.

It wasn't enough that his family gave her their backs. What bothers her is that they did this thinking she'll be some kind of  a thread to their family; but once her classes started she realized that could never be because she's not even capable of anything aside from flying. She's not even going to training class anymore, afraid she'll be a burden like the last three times.

She's just so useless.

That's why more than usually she leaves whatever place she's in and flies to the ceiling to sit there for hours. She would say something to Bom, her resident friend and roommate, but since the latter has pheromone manipulation it was obvious she would use it so Dara would forcefully feel better.

She flies toward the brick part of the gates and sits there. Is not very high but she gets to see the road, sometimes bringing some runaways mutants with it. At least she feels usefull enough when she gets to fly trough the school and to some teacher's room to let them know about it.
Sometimes she would fly much further than the school proximities. Professor X scolded her once about it, about her not being careful enough but once she explained him -somehow, through her thoughts- he let her be. 

Right now that's exactly what Dara wants.

 

That deemed impossible, though, once a rush of wind takes her unprepared and pushes her to the gate's other side. Her wings catch on in time, at least, and once she regains high enough she notice two figures laughing on the floor. Dara grumbles.

"What the hell, guys"

The one who threw the rush of wind giggles. He waits until Dara crosses the gate and lands on the floor to throw another small gust. "You're being emo again." he says, the shorter guy next to him nodding with a smile.

Dara groans "And throw me off my feet would make me much happier, right?"

"Yeah, maybe not. But it's a much better idea than Luhan's. You know, he was totally planning to hit you with that trunk over there"

"Hey that's not true" Luhan retorts "Besides, Sehun just wanted to use his wind thing with someone since Storm never lets him"

Dara snorts while relocating her wings behind her back. She takes her pink long hair in a ponytail, staring at both of them with a stern face as they laugh. 

Luhan snortles "Anyway, Bom's looking for you. She was making that weird pheromone thing on us because we didn't want to interrupt you in your emo time "

"Aw, you guys are so kind" she says sarcastically and the boys laugh.   

They both are wearing pijamas, she notices. Is just then that Dara begins to think about the hour. 
She checks her watch

2:05 am.

Cyclops will be a huge pain in the the next day. Since he sleeps in the same room with Jean Grey it was very unlikely that he didn't know she was outside, freezing to death because she was feeling "emo" enough -as the idiots usually call it- to not get in her room to find something to warm her up. Bom is probably a mess right now, and with that amount of pheromones just flying around the mansion is very likely that every single person in the place is feeling what said friend is feeling. Which must be something completely exaggerated.

She sighs "I'm in trouble, right?" 

"Yup, pretty much."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter