Chapter 2

God's Gift: 21 Days (A Parody of God's Gift:14 Days)

The awaited school bell has finally rung and students rushed out the doors and headed to their parent's car. Yoojung and her best friends, Minkyung and Taehee, walked down the wide road hand in hand. They talked about the EXO concert that they were going to that Saturday; what outfits they were going to wear and who they wanted to meet the most.

Himchan stood, leaning against the car waiting for Yoojung in the icy, cold. When he sees a familiar face, he waves at Yoojung. She says bye to her friends and skipped towards Himchan, "How was school?" He asks as he gives her his parka, she nods, "It was bearable today, but I'm hungry umma!" (Umma is the korean word for mom.)

He laughed and said, "Well I have hot food waiting for us at home, let's hurry!" She nods and jumps into the car; when Himchan closed the passenger door, he heard fast clicking. It sounded like a camera taking fast pictures.

Throwing his hood on, he covered his nose and mouth with the sleeve of his hoodie. He looked around cautiously, making a 360 turn while searching. From behind, he heard a rustle from the bushes, he squinted his eyes trying to see a shape or something through the bushes. Before he could take a step forward, Yoojung rolled the windows down and asked, "What are you looking at, oppa?"

She tried to peer at the direction that Himchan was looking at but he blocked her and said, "It's nothing, I just thought I saw a rabbit. Stay in the car and lock the doors, I'll be back."

Yoojung tsk-ed and mumbled, "There aren't any rabbits in the city." She sat back in her seat, Himchan slowly walked towards where the noise made. When he was next to it, he quickly seperated the bush and found a camera lens lid. He slowly picked it up and examined the name on the lid, on the top it had Canon and in the back it had the initials, M.J.K.

A little freaked out, Himchan quickly stuffed the lid into his pocket and rushed back to the car. When he came inside, Yoojung asked, "What did you find?" Himchan shook his head trying to smile, "It was nothing," he noticed that she was still suspicious he added, "Wahh, you must be hungry right? Let's go eat and then go to tutoring, okay?"

She nods and sits back, plugging her earbuds in and blasting EXO's Growl. He sighed as he pushed the iginition on and drove out of the neighborhood. 'Is someone following us? Did the Red Mafias already found us?' Himchan worried. 'I have to talk to the guys about this.'

________________________________________________________________________

Yongguk trudged out of the meeting hall after four hours about discussing the upcoming episode for "Ask the Politician".

'Ugh, I need some coffee or else I'm going to pass out.' Yongguk thought, dragging himself to the break room.

When he opened the door, he was greeted by fellow employees and the wonderful smell of coffee. Luckily, his job had a barista who made delicious coffee, but she was a little creepy. There were rumours that she was a psychic before she became a barista at their broadcasting building, but Yongguk didn't care for rumors.

Yongguk went up to the barista lady and asked, "Can I have coffee with three espresso shots?" The lady nodded without saying a word, and made the coffee with a blank expression.

She slid the cup of coffee towards Yongguk and handed her hand to him, he gave her his I.D.. After sliding it through the card machine, she gave it back to him. He reached for it but she wouldn't let go of it, he tried pulling it away but she said without looking at him, "You're going to lose something precious very soon, Yongguk shi."

Yongguk asked, almost surprised, "What?"

"You can't hide from fate, it will try it's hardest to bring you down." She continued, "But you can fight it, fight it and win, don't suffer like I did."

Yongguk annoyed, he snatched his I.D. away from her which made her come back to her senses. When the lady finally realized what had happened, she gave a 90 degree bow and said, "Please forgive me! I didn't know what I was doing."

Yongguk glared at her for a few seconds before walking out break room. When he came back to his office, he dumped the coffee in the trash can and started packing up to go home for the day.

'She completely ruined my day, the nerve of her to talk to me like that.' He stuffed the rest of the script into his brief case without caring, and headed out the door. Before he left the building he saw the lobby's tv playing the news of the missing girl that he heard of in the morning.

"The young, missing girl has been found dead. The body was found in a restaurant's dumpster, police has found ten visible stabs by a long, sharp object, just like the other 3 girls who were killed. Investigators believe that she has been killed before the stabs were made, let's talk to the manager of the restaurant who found the body."

Yongguk stopped walking and watched the camera shift over to a 60 year old grandma who looked scared and uneasy.

"I told you, I was throwing away some trash that these youngens were too lazy to do themselves. Then I opened the lid and I see this ghost laying there! It was terrible, the devil has finally come for me!" the old woman yelled.

The camera quickly went back to the announcer who was at the scene, and said, "Yes, we hope that we can find this murderer who has already killed three other girls, please stay alert and safe especially at night. This was Kim Joon, MBS News."

The news then switched to a stock market watch, Yongguk sighed with the other twenty people who were also watching the news.

Murmurs of, "How could he kill four innocent girls?", or, "What the hell has the government doing instead of trying to catch this murderer?!"

Yongguk quickly headed to his car, he wanted to go to his safe home as soon as possible and out of this dangerous place.

_________________________________________________________

"Good evening, sir!" saluted twelve police officers, Jongup included. He just came back from patroling the downtown of Seoul, luckily there wasn't many trouble today, so his day went awfully smooth.

"Hopefully you lazy bums were watching the news while on your 8 hour break." said the captain sarcastically, "The missing girl was found, dead. So we need to be put posts around every 3 blocks in Seoul, we need to show that the civilians are safe."

Some of the officers groaned thinking about adding another task to their list of many other duties. Jongup also silently groaned to himself.

"Also, we are going to be adding another member to our Seoul police family! Everyone salute to investigator Jung Ji Hoon."

Everyone saluted and in came a new face.

Jung-Ji-Hoon-Rain-Bi-image-jung-ji-hoon-
 

 

Jongup gasped in shock, Investigator Jung looked at him and grinned. Jongup slightly nodded at him without dropping his hand.
 
"Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, it's my first time in Seoul after 6 years of serving in the CIA. When the uppers heard of my return, they immediatley put me on the homicide case. I ask that everyone cooperate with eachother and especially me." Jihoon said.

Jongup stood there, watching Jihoon's every move and smile.

'Why did this hyung come back? How could he, after what he put us through.' thought Jongup.

Finally, Jihoon released everyone and they went back to their desks.

Before Jongup could walk away, Jihoon said, "Jongup."

Jongup stopped and said, "Please pretend not to know me, I don't want to get caught being seen with you." Jihoon backed off a little shocked.

Jongup straightened his uniform and walked to his desk, and organizing some papers before heading out for the day.

Jihoon sighed and thought, 'What was I thinking? They can't forgive me after what I've done to them.' The detective turned around and slipped into his desk also to learn how the systems were set up.

Jongup looked up from his papers and watched the unwanted friend mess with his computer. Before realizing, Jongup had already crumpled the papers that he clenched with his hands.

He couldn't help but be mad at Jihoon for coming back after what he had done to Yongguk and Yoojung. When Yongguk was in the gang selling drugs and running for his life from other drug dealers, Jihoon took Yongguk and Yoojung under his wing and gave them a house to stay. He also went to Yongguk's side when he would lie in the middle of the road passed out from fighting.

Then when Yongguk tried leaving the gang, the boss bribed Jihoon to tell them where the siblings were hiding. With the large sum of money there in front of him and knowing that he needed money for him to go to America; sadly he turned them in. After that day, Yongguk was on the run and lived in almost every neighborhood in Korea to assure his safety. Along the way, Yongguk met his friends and kept them close as possible, and getting rid of Jihoon from the friend list.

Jongup also had met Jihoon a couple of times because Jihoon was able to track Yongguk down and tried apologizing a few times.

Just then Jongup received a text from Zelo, "Hyung! Where are you?" Jongup eased a bit and started walking towards the exit while texting, "I'm on my way, you won't believe who I ran into today."

Watching Jongup's back was Jihoon, he stared at him sadly and continued to work his first day glumly.

____________________________________________________________________

Before Yongguk could even walk two steps out the elevators he heard screams of joy from his condo. He slid his card key and kept it there until the door beeped and clicked open.

He saw Zelo and Yoojung on the sofa singing along to EXO's Growl, Daehyun and Youngjae laughing as Zelo slipped and fell on his . Despite the pain, Zelo kept screaming away the lyrics.

Yongguk chuckled while slipping his feet out of his business shoes and into his house slippers. Yongguk walked towards the commotion until he was stopped by Himchan who poked his head out of his room.

"Hyung, I need to talk to you." Himchan secretly whispered. Yongguk nods and walks towards his room, after entering, Himchan slowly closes the door and locks it.

Yongguk sits on the bed and asked, "What's the problem? Did Yoojung cause something, again?" Himchan shook his head, with his hands on his hips and pacing back in forth.

"Then what is it then? Come on Himchan, I want to eat. It's been a pretty long day." Yongguk whined. "I think someone is following Yoojung." The older brother stood up now worried, "What are you talking about? How do you know?"

"When I picked Yoojung up from school, I heard clicking, like from a camera. And when I turned around the bushes behind the car started shaking and I picked up the camera lid." Himchan explains while handing his hyung the lid.

Yongguk inspected the lid and saw Cannon on the front and the back had nothing on it. No initials, name, just nothing.

Himchan asked nervously, "You don't think its them hyung?" Yongguk sighed and said, "Who else would it be? They've been wanting me for almost 9 years now. Did you come directly back home?"

Himchan shook his head and said, "I think I've been driving for about an hour before I came home." Yongguk nods and stuffs the lid in his pocket and said, "Well let's worry about this later after we eat and have everyone fall asleep."

The two men walked out the room and saw an even bigger commotion than previous. Now almost everyone was singing on the couch to 4Minute's Volume Up, Jongup danced to it as y as he could and Daehyun singing all the high notes. Himchan quickly went to ease the crazy party as Yongguk went up to his room to change to more comfortable clothes.

Following him was his little sister, Yoojung noticed him stepping up the stairs and started running after him. Before Yongguk could close the door, his sister slipped in before and jumped on his king size bed. The older brother chuckled and asked, "How was your day?" Yoojung answered, "Good, I actually got a question on the board correct!"

Yongguk grins and said, "Good job! You see the tutoring is actually helping you." He started untying his tie and ing his white collar shirt. Yoojung started to go off about her and her friends made a mountain of rice during lunch and how they had a competition about who could clean their desk the fastest.

When her oppa finished changing he lied down on the bed with her and continued to talk with her.

"Did you hear about the unnie who got killed?" asked Yoojung. Yongguk surprised asked, "You heard about that? Who told you?" His sister answered, "My teacher, she wants us to know what's going on in the outside world." Yongguk nodded but really thought, 'Guess I have to write a complain.'

"Don't worry about it, Jongup oppa is going to catch that bad guy and you won't have to worry about that." said Yongguk. Yoojung nodded and said, "You're right! Jongup oppa is like a super hero, he has a lot of muscles." Yongguk laughs and said, "You're right." Just then Himchan called them for dinner.

Yongguk said, "Go ahead, I'll be down in a minute." Yoojung nods and ran out the door.

Before he could eat, he took the camera lid out and dropped it in his drawers.

_______________________________________________________________

Hey guys, Sorry I havent been updating but I have to get ready for finals sooo...

But once summer starts, expect more updates.