Chapter 1

God's Gift: 21 Days (A Parody of God's Gift:14 Days)

Yongguk was standing on a field of white clouds, he looks around confused.

"Am I dead?", he asks himself, "Where the hell am I?" Just then the sun started rising from his side, he faces it but to only be blinded by the harsh beams of light. He protects his eyes with the back of his hand, he attempts to look at the sun but it was too bright.

Just then he sees two shadows in the shape of humans caught his eye, he tried one more time to look and to only see his parents standing there, smiling. He slowly puts his hand down not noticing the sun anymore, his mother held out her arms and called, "Yongguk-ah~" Yongguk tried running to them but saw that they were only getting farther and farther away from him.

Panicking, he ran faster but soon they disappeared. He slowed down and dropped to his knees then screamed!

"Oppa!(oppa is a name Korean girls call their older brother) Wake up!" yelled Yoojung, Yongguk startled awake and sat up on is bed. He was sweating and losing his breath, Yoojung looked at him strangely and asked, "Did you have a bad dream, oppa?" He didn't answer but watched his hands shaking, ' This is the third time this week that I had that same dream,' he said to himself in his thoughts.

Yoojung looked at her wrist watch and gasped, "Oppa! Hurry up, I'm late for school!" Yongguk snapped from his thoughts and threw his sheets off his body and quickly changed into a white dress shirt, suit pants, and a parka on top.

When Yongguk stepped out of his room, he saw Yoojung munching on toast with Nutella on it, next to her sat Himchan who was eating bacon and eggs. In front of the two, Daehyun was reading the newspaper and Jongup slurping his cereal while reviewing some notes about a case. Himchan got up immediately and said, "Hyung! Come eat! I made eggs and bacon, but if you don't want that I can make some french toast."

Yongguk shook his head and said, "I'll just drink some coffee, let's go Yoojung." Yoojung stood up, stuffing the rest of the piece of bread into . She ran to the door and grabbed her backpack, then ran out the door.

Himchan, Daehyun and Jongup followed Yongguk to the door, before Yongguk stepped out he said, " Himchan, make sure Yoojung goes to her English tutoring after school and eating something and can you call the bank to make the deposit?" Himchan nods and said, "I have to stop by the grocery store to get some more food, then I'll go to the bank."

Yongguk nods and said, "I'll take the black Toyota then," then he looks at Daehyun and Jongup, "Good luck at school, Daehyun. Dont get killed, Jongup" Chuckling, they bowed and Jongup waves to Yoojung who was already at the elevator waiting for Yongguk. She waves back smiling. Daehyun and Jongup goes back to the table, Himchan slips Yongguk a note into his hand. Then he waves at Yoojung and closes the door.

The elevator dings and Yoojung jumps inside, "Hurry oppa!" Yongguk grins then looked at the note secretly, " THEY came back to the building, we have to be more careful with where we go." Yongguk crumples the paper and stuffs it into his parka's pocket, then ran to the elevator.

While they went down 23 floors, Yongguk asks, "How's school?" Yoojung froze at the question and asks back, "Do I have to answer that?" Yongguk closed his eyes and asked, "Did you fail your math test again?" She didn't answer and looked away instead, "BANG YOOJUNG! Answer me!" She jumps and said, "I tried! I did! It was hard and almost everyone in my class failed it too!"

Yongguk rolled his eyes and exclaimed, "You obviously didn't try hard enough otherwise you wouldn't have failed the test!" Yoojung looked away and started pinching the edge of her skirt, a habit that she usually does when she was nervous. Yongguk sighs and said, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you in the early morning. Do better okay?"

She didn't say anything but walked out the elevator when the doors slid open to the car garage. Yongguk sighed and thought, ', why can't I keep my temper in today?' He scratches the back of his head as he walked out to the sleek, black car, Yoojung stood next to it with her arms crossed. He notices that she didn't bring her jacket so he took his parka off and wrapped it around her.

Yongguk looked at her as she wouldn't look at him, then he had an idea, "Do you want to go to that Exo concert Saturday?" Yoojung's eyes opened wide and so does , she hugs her brother's neck and said, "You promise?!" Yongguk sighed in relief to see that she feels better already, he said, "Mmmhmm, but make sure that you bring at least two of the oppas, okay?"

Yoojung lets go and asks, "Can't you come oppa?" Yongguk shook his head and answers, "I'm working late that day, but you'll have fun whether I went with you or not." She smiled and gave her big brother one last squeeze around his waist and got into the car.

He grinned once more, he can't help but be happy when his little sister was happy. He also entered the car, started the engine, and drove out the parking garage and headed towards Yoojung's middle school.

When they made it to the school's gates, Yoojung clicked her seat belt loose and got out the vehicle. She turned back and waved at her brother, " Stay near the school when you're done and wait for Himchan oppa to pick you up okay?", said Yongguk and she nods at the same time giving him a thumbs up, then runs off to catch up with her friends.

Yongguk sighs and checks the clock on the touch screen radio in his car and saw that it was 8:30! He was late for work; shifting the gear to drive he zooms to the highway, heading to the huge broadcasting building, MBS.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Himchan wipes the table clean and at the same time checking on his bean paste soup and tasting it every few times. Daehyun sat on the sofa flipping through channels, his mind was actually uneasy and racing because Himchan told him of the GUYs who gave the apartment building a visit.

Without leaving the kitchen, Himchan says, "Why are you so uneasy, Daehyun? It makes the entire room uncomfortable." Daehyun smirks and explains, "Hyung, what's going to happen if they find us?" His hyung answers, "Well they didn't find us yet, and who says that they know that we live here? Maybe a relative of theirs live here."

Daehyun shuts the flat screen off and says, "Come on, why would they come all the way to Cheongdamdong from Daejon? What exactly did Yongguk hyung do that they're still looking for him?" Himchan stopped stirring the soup and stood there blankly, Daehun raises an eyebrow and asked, "Umm, hyung?" Snapping out of his daze, Himchan answers, "I'm not exactly sure either, you know how he doesn't like talking about that part of his past. And don't you have school to go to, Dr. Daehyun?"

Daehyun looked at the clock and jumped up from the couch and runs out the door yelling, "See ya later, Hyung!" Himchan waves back before the heavy door shuts, when he heard the beep the door makes whenever it shuts, he took his apron off and turned the heat off the stove. Taking a seat on one of the bar stools, he buries his face in his hands.

It has been a while that they have faced the Red Mafias, the gang that Yongguk was involved with for almost all of his high school and college life. To be able to buy supplies for him and his sister, he joined the gang and traded drugs to earn some money. However, after getting his job as a tv show writer, he escaped from the gang without a word and they were looking for him ever since.

Luckily, Yongguk was smart enough to have joined with a fake ID, making it more difficult for the Red Mafias to track him down. Himchan lifts his head and sees a picture of all 7 of them at the beach, hanging in a frame on the wall next to him. 'I hope we could all live like this, happy and nothing to worry about.' thought Himchan.

He got up and grabbed the keys to the Hyundai Elantra and headed out the door to go shopping.

________________________________________________________________________

Yongguk slid his card through a card slot and the door beeped open and he was faced with people walking past him trying to get to their stations. He waved at a few fellow employees and went to his office and started prepping for the script of one of MBS's most popular show, "Ask the Politician", it was a show where the Korean citizens could come on and ask any political figure questions about the government and their next moves.

He read through some of the ideas and saw that one of the government guests that were coming were the president's lawyers and secretary. He smirked and thought, 'This is going to be interesting.' For a few months, the president made big talk that he was going to make a law that would get rid of all crimes and criminals. So far nothing has happened, but this announcement only made more criminals hungry for attention and the crime rate rising a wopping 8%!

Obviously, the people were unhappy and they've been requesting the president's people to show and explain himself. Yongguk scibbled some quick notes on the script and made some quick fixes on camera setup. Just then someone knocks on Yongguk's door, through the one way window, Yongguk saw that it was his director.

"Come in," said Yongguk, entered in the energetic Director Jang. Jang sits on Yongguk's desk and grabs the script, "How is it going?" Yongguk answers, "I feel like the ratings are definately going to go up a lot this week, look at the guests list." Jang flips to the second page and gasped, "Oh my gosh! Is the president trying to commit suicide? How could he send his people?"

Yongguk chuckles sipping his cup off coffee and says, "It's about time they did, you heard about those three girls who were killed last week, right?" Jang nods and says, "He finally grew some balls." Yongguk almost chokes from laughter and tells Jang, " Wanna tell the president that?"

Jang shooks his head and says, "I don't wanna go to jail, I'm too good looking for that." After flipping through some more pages the director nods with satisfaction and says, "Make sure we have more security that day and have more cameras put on the guests; it's not everyday we get huge guests like this." Yongguk nods, while jotting the requests down.

Still seated on his desk, Jang pics up a picture frame and looks at it. It was Yongguk with Yoojung when she was 6, she was on his shoulders making the biggest smile and Yongguk also smiling. Jang says, "Yoojung must grown a lot, it's been a year since I last seen her." Yongguk looks up and sees Jang holding the picture and smiles, "Yeah, she grows everyday it's almost scary."

Placing the frame down, Jang jumps off the desk and says, "Well, I have to go talk to the MCs and the makeup artists. You're coming to the meeting tomorrow, right?" Yongguk nods and waves bye as Jang leaves the office.

Yongguk looks at the photo of Yoojung and smiles, she did grow a lot. To relax, he turns on the tv and changed the channel to the news. The reporter was talking about another kidnapping and for anyone who was in the Anyang area who saw something to call the station immediately. Yongguk saw the picture of a young girl around the same age as his little sister, he thought, 'There isn't a safe place in the world anymore.'

Just then another knock came to his door and a young assistant girl poked her head in and said, "Yongguk shi, the executives are looking for you."

"Alright, I'll be there in a few minutes." says Yongguk, he quickly gathers important documents and races out the room.

_______________________________________________________________________

* Hey guys it's the author, I know this first chapter is pretty boring but I just want you guys to know what the normal life of the seven are like.