Chapter 3

God's Gift: 21 Days (A Parody of God's Gift:14 Days)

"Beep!!!! Beep!!!! Beep!!!"  yelled Yoojung's alarm clock.

It was the Saturday. THE Saturday that she got to go to the Exo concert.

She started giggling hysterically as she tossed her blanket off of her small body and ran to the bathroom to get ready. She zoomed past Zelo and Youngjae who were in the hallway brushing their teeth.

Zelo pointed at her with his thumb with a confused expression. Youngjae shrugged too and watched as Yoojung brushed her teeth with all her strength.

After bushing her teeth, washing her face and changing into her EXO gear, she ran down the stairs and said, "Come one, oppa! We have to get there in thirty minutes!"

Himchan poked his head from the kitchen and said, "It's only 10 in the morning, the concert doesn't start until 5." Yoojung sat down on the floor trying to put on her white converses and yelled impatiently, "But the fans start lining up at 10:30, because we might get to see them early!"

Confused, Himchan looked at Jongup for help, but both did not understand the fan world, especially of a hardcore Exotic such as her. Yoojung stood in front of the door all ready, and more than impatient. 

Yongguk drowsily left his room and groaned, "Why such the commotion, it's only 10:30 guys." Yoojung clung onto her older brother's toned arm and begged, "Oppa, we have to go to EXO oppas's concert! They're waiting for me!" 

Zelo who zipped down the stairs laughed and said, "Yeah right! They're probably looking for prettier fans than you!" She stuck her tongue out and looked back at her brother.

Yongguk said, "Let's wait after breakfast, we all just woke up, Yoojung ah." 

Yoojung dropped her hands and pouted, "But, we have to go.." Yongguk grinned and pushed her towards the dining table and sat her down. 

Himchan slid her plate of rice, kimchi and spam towards her and said, "Eat up! I'm pretty sure EXO wouldn't want their fans to be starving, right?" Yoojung's face didn't change but she picked up her chopsticks and began nibbling the crispy spam. 

Yongguk sipped his coffee and ate his toast while watching the news, they were talking about the murder of the girl from the other day. Himchan stopped washing dishes and also started to watch the screen, "Yahhhh... What is the president doing in his big chair to miss a murderer like this guy?" 

Yongguk watched the news with a heavy heart as they showed the parents of the dead girl weeping next to her body. Yoojung also watched, but did not understand what was going on. 

"The president is such a liar, he promised us ultimate safety and yet we still have to watch our backs all day!" exclaimed a citizen, who was talking to the camera crew. 

"How could he forget his people when we are in desperate need of him?" cried another citizen. 

Yongguk sighed and sipped the rest of his warm coffee, and said, "Have fun at the concert today, Yoojung." 

Yoojung looked up and asked, "Can't you come with me, oppa?" Yongguk stood up and went towards his room and said, "I have a episode to air, remember Yoojungah. Maybe next time, I promise." 

He jogged up the stairs and changed into a flannel shirt and black skinny jeans. Since they were going to be filming that day, he didn't need to dress up for work. After checking himself in the mirror and spritzing on cologne, he left the condo and drove towards the broadcasting station. 

The rest of the guys filed in and seated themselves to a chair and started eating. Himchan placed dishes of food in front of them and also started eating himself. 

Himchan asked, "Youngjae, are you going to take Yoojung to the concert today?" He nods happily and said, "But she has to stay with Zelo and I at the cafe, is that okay?" Himchan nods and said, "Make sure you watch after her, okay?" Youngjae nods and Zelo thumbs up. 

"What about you Daehyun, aren't you going to do anything today?" Himchan asked. Daehyun nods and said, "Got to study for a huge test, so I'll be at the library but after I'm done I can go help at the cafe." Youngjae said, "Yeah! That'll be great, I fired a worker just the other day." 

Jongup looked at the boys nervously and thought to himself, 'I need to tell them.. But what if they get angry at me for even looking at Jihoon hyung? You know what, I'm just going to say it..' 

"I saw Jihoon hyung the other day." Jongup blurted. 

Just the name of the betrayer silenced the entire table, even Yoojung watched Jongup worriedly. 

"You saw WHO?" asked Daehyun. Jongup looked at him nervously and repeated, "I saw Jihoon hyung on Thursday, he's the new detective for the homicide case; and I have to work with him." 

Himchan dropped his chopsticks, placed his elbows on the table and interlaced his fingers together. "Why didn't you tell us yesterday?" Himchan asked, losing any happy expression.

"I couldn't just bring him up then and there, Yongguk hyung was tired that day. You guys know how hard he's working at MBS, it would have stressed him out even more." Jongup explained himself. 

"But you could have told US about him. What did you say to him?" asked Youngjae. 

"I didn't say anything, but he looked sorry. But don't worry, I didn't say anything, I promise!" said Jongup.

"Is he going to come back to us?" asked Yoojung, warily watching the oppas. Himchan mustered up a grin and said, with a joking air in his voice, "No we're talking about another Jihoon, it's nothing. Go watch tv." 

Yoojung cautiously stood up from her chair and walked towards the living room. The boys didn't start talking until they heard Music Bank come on. 

"What do we do?" asked Youngjae, looking at his friends. "Well we need to tell Yongguk hyung today, no matter what! He would be more mad that we kept this from him for even longer." suggested Daehyun.

Himchan nods and said, "Yes, I know him better, he hates being betrayed. It's better that we're straightforward with him." 

"He knows where we live since he's allowed to go through everyone's files, so there's no point in trying to hide that from him." informed Jongup. Daehyun sighed, "Life was going way too easy for something like this not to happen." 

Everyone agreed, Youngjae said, "When you go to work, try not to exchange words with him as much as you can, got it Jongup?" Jongup nods and gets up to get ready to head out to the station. 

Himchan closed his eyes as he remembers a dark, rainy night. The first night when Yongguk and Yoojung was completely alone and Jihoon had given up their hiding spot. In a car dump, men in black with red devil horns tatooed on their wrist kicked and hit Yongguk with bats. Himchan who was there to witness everything, tried to help Yongguk but there were also men pulling him back. Himchan screamed for the men to stop but they only laughed and spat on his face. 

Himchan looked around and saw Yoojung passed out under the cold rain, she also had cuts on her cheek from being slapped by the men who had cheap, gold rings on their fingers. He also saw Daehyun trying to push the gangsters away but there were too many. 

Back to the present, Himchan fluttered his eyes open and felt his heart thumping just remembering that night. Daehyun saw the pain in Himchan's eyes and placed his hand on his hyung's shoulder. 

Himchan weakly smiled and stood up to finish the chores. Youngjae knew what Himchan was reminiscing, because he was there too but passed out after getting smacked in the head with a metal pipe. Everyone except Zelo, who was trying to get signal to call the police, had scars from that night. 

Zelo plopped on the couch next to Yoojung and watched A-Pink singing, but instead of watching the cute girls, he could only see his hyungs getting beat from the abandoned factory's roof that was next to the car dump. He was waving his flip phone around the air trying to gather signal to call the police. He never felt so sorry in his life for leaving his hyungs.

Zelo looked at Yoojung enjoying the pretty unnie's performance and started to feel sorry once again. If he could have saved Yoojung from such a terrible battle, and protected her from the rain. Before Zelo could tear up Youngjae said, "Now, lets go to our cafe!" 

The maknaes snapped out of their trance and got up. Youngjae grabbed Yoojung's winter coat and Zelo helped her put on her white converse. Himchan and Daehyun waved bye to the three and continued to clean up the kitchen. 

"Do you promise to take me straight to the EXO concert after work?" asked Yoojung, Youngjae nods and takes her hand and headed to the elevator. 

After the door clicked shut, Jongup came out of his room in a comfortable white, dress shirt; with the sleeves rolled up to his elbow. He also had black skinny jeans and his belt that held his gun and hand cuffs. "I'm heading out guys, I have a late night shift so don't wait up for me." 

Daehyun smirked and said, "Like we ever do." Jongup chuckled a little bit and waved bye to his hyungs. 

When Jongup left, Himchan asked, "Do you need a ride to the library?" Daehyun looked at the clock and nodded shyly, "If you don't mind." 

Himchan took the Totoro apron off and grabbed the car keys. 

In a few minutes, the two boys were off and headed to the huge library in Seoul. When they were in front of the large doors of the library, Daehyun got off the car and said, "I'll be at the cafe at 3 this afternoon, and me and Youngjae will go to the concert with Yoojung." Himchan nods and waves bye to his dongseng and drove off. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

At MBS broadcasting station, Yongguk was busy on set running around and trying to put everyone in position. 

"When the president's secretary comes out through those pillars, we ask the audience to appluad for exactly 5 seconds." asked Yongguk. The audience nodded and began talking amongst themselves. On the west side of the stage, there was a table of phones, this was used for when the audience at home could call and ask questions themselves. The telegraphers were already there and discussing. 

Yongguk looked at the center stage and saw the staff setting the chairs and table for the guests. Yongguk checked the script over and over again, this episode had to be perfect since such a huge guest was making an appearance. 

Assistant Lim ran over to Yongguk and said, "You are needed in control room." Mr. Bang sighed and handed the assistant his clipboard and said, "Make sure that the lighting is positioned in the right place for me." She nods and heads the opposite direction. 

He swiftly walked out of the basement where they would be filming the episode and headed down the hall towards the room. Before he could enter, he received a phone call from Yoojung. He picked up and said, "Hi, Yoojung, what's wrong?" 

He heard girls screaming and very echo-ey singing, he knew right away that she was already at the concert. He barely heard, "It's so much fun here, oppa!!" He grinned and said, "Okay, kid, have fun but be sure to stay close to oppas okay?" He swore that she said okay back but the screams of thousands of fans overpowered her little voice. 

He hung up and came into the room, he asked, "What's the problem now?" The man in charge of camera shots said, "One isn't working for some odd reason, you see all we see is black." Yongguk leaned over the table and peered into the tiny screen that had "Camera 12" written at the bottom right corner.

 The camera guy was right, nothing was showing up. "Did you check if it was on?" Yongguk asked.

"Of course, we were told that it was on." answered the assistant camera control. Yongguk nodded and said, "Hmmm, that's weird, I guess we're just going to have to use camera 7 to show the videos. Cross out camera 12." The camera controls nodded and busied themselves. 

Yongguk walked out the dark room and headed back to the basement. Then his phone dinged, meaning that he got a text.

It was Youngjae, "We left Yoojung with Daehyun, Zelo and I had to get some extra coffee beans for tomorrow." Yongguk texted back, "Okay, make sure you pick them up though." 

_____________________________________________________________

Youngjae received the text that his hyung sent him and said, "Okay, let's go to the factory." Zelo nods and started walking towards the street to get a cab. Just then Youngjae got a text from Daehyun, "Hey where are you guys?"

Youngjae chuckled and answered back, "Headed to the coffee bean factory." 

Daehyun replied, "WHAT?! Then is Yoojung with you?!?!" 

"No! What are you talking about?!" Youngjae sent, worried and stopped walking. Zelo asked, "What's wrong hyung?" 

Being the impatient person that he is, Youngjae called Daehyun. 

"What are you talking about? I texted you and you said that you were with Yoojung!" yelled Youngjae.

"No I didn't! I was in the restroom, and then all three of you guys were gone!" Daehyun complained. "Are you saying that you don't know where Yoojung is?" asked Youngjae.

Zelo, realizing the situation, snatched the phone and said, "Hyung! Search for her, she probably just got lost in the crowd, we're on our way!"

"Yoojung ah! Yooju-!" cried Daehyun and then hanging up abruptly. Zelo yelled, "Let's go hyung!" Both boys sprinted down to the concert hall. The sun was already setting and the wind was blowing extra hard that day.

When the two boys entered into the crowd of screaming girls once again. They pushed everyone to search the crowd for their little girl. Somehow, they ran into Daehyun who was also searching for Yoojung, he asked, "Didn't you guys have her when I went to the restroom?" Youngjae shook his head and said, "She ran after you, and yelled your name!"

Zelo looked over the crowds head, using his height to his advantage, then said, "I don't see her anywhere! She's not even at the front!" Youngjae hid his face in his palms and asked, "What do we do?!"

Daehyun pulled out his phone and dialed Yongguk's number.

______________________________________________

The special episode was already live and every staff member was kept quiet as they watched the president's people exlained about the pollution act that was recently passed.

Yongguk followed the script and checked the time once in a while, he looked at the clock on the wall and read, 6:30. 'Yoojung is probably in the front of the crowd screaming for those EXO boys.' thought Yongguk, grinning as he thought about his happy sister.

"Alright, let us move to our next segment." said the MC. The cameras then shifted to the row of telephones and the MC explained, "From now on, the audience who have questions for our special guests will ask questions that haven't been asked."

The phones started ringing, and one by one, each call was answered.

Yongguk looked through the pages again and started to relax, everything was going as planned. He then saw felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, he checked the caller and saw Youngjae. He couldn't pick up the phone right now so he denied the call and left a text saying, "What's wrong? I'm in the studio, we're live."

Not even two seconds later, Youngjae texted, "YOOJUNG IS GONE!"

Those three words froze time and suddenly Yonggu couldn't breathe. He kept trying to read the text over and over hoping that it would say something else and he was just imagining those words.

Just then the big screen behind the MC and guests and made a painful scratching sound. Everyone on stage, the audience and even the people in the control room covered their ears. Yongguk woke from his daze and looked at what was going on.

Finally the screen revealed a little girl tied up stuck in a dark room with only a dim light to allow the camera to show her face.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!" laughed the person who was holding the camera. "Talk little girl, who do you want to see?" he asked the girl.

Yongguk watched intently, recognizing the EXO backpack that was lying next to the small child. The little girl shakily said, "Yongguk oppa..."

The people in the control room shifted their gaze to their young script writer, standing there with both hands hanging limply next to his side. The voice asked, "I can't hear you, who did you wanted to see?"

Yoojung said even louder crying, "Yongguk OPPA!"

Her cry for help woke Yongguk up and he cried, "Yoojung ah!" Then ran out the room and headed to the stage.

Without caring about the episode he stood in the middle of the stage and yelled, "Who the hell are you, and what are you doing to Yoojung?!" The voice finally revealed himself but he had a Saw mask on and said, "Nothing yet, she's such a pretty girl.." The Saw mask lightly ran his finger do Yoojung's cheek and chuckled.

Yongguk raged, "Lay another finger on her and I will kill you!" The Saw mask looked back at the camera and said, "Oh really? You don't even know who I am, how are you going to find me? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Yoojung looked at the camera and said, "Oppa..."

Yongguk looked at his scared to death sister and said, "Yoojung ah, don't worry, oppa is coming for you. Just wait a little bit!" The Saw mask said, "Time is not on your side tonight, I'll have fun with your little angel." Before Yongguk could say anything else, the screen shut off and the studio was silent, as they watched the older brother collapse to the ground on his knees.

Security guards rushed in and took the president's people and the staff ran to Yongguk trying to snap him out of his daze.

'Yoojung... What is going on?' thought Yongguk as he was being shaken by the shoulders by one of the managers.