Escape

To The Years of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Early update! I would be overseas for the next ten days, so the next update would be late. >< 
Till then! :)

 

 

 

“Hyung! Sungmin hyung!!! Wait for me!”

 

Nonononono…

 

Sungmin pushed his legs faster, jumping off the last few steps of the staircase. Turning the corner, he sprinted towards the second door on the left of the second floor. It was one of the meeting rooms; one he knew was always unlocked.

Slipping into the door, he pushed it close with his back. The light coming through the glass windows blinded him for a second before his eyes adjusted to the dim room.

That familiar pain attacked him after two months of absence. He clutched his chest with his right hand, his left hand supporting him against the door.

 

He knows he knows he knows.

He will know from the lyrics of the verses. He knows everything now… after all the effort I’ve put in.

Nonono, what am I going to do???

 

Sungmin’s knees fell to the floor as he hugged himself tightly across his chest, nails digging into his own arms. He was trembling hard and he wanted to cry out loud, but Kyuhyun’s footsteps came from outside the door. He brought his left hand up to deaden his own cry. Afraid that Kyuhyun would catch any sound, he bit right into his left hand, hoping that it would stop himself from screaming and the pain would distract him from the one crippling him in his chest. Hot tears rolled down his face.

He waited for a few seconds, only to let go of his left hand after Kyuhyun’s footsteps disappeared entirely into the distance. His teeth broke the skin by the thumb, leaving red bite marks with blood escaping from the deeper parts of the wound. He no longer knew whether the wetness on his left hand was his saliva, mucus or his tears.

Sungmin collapsed to the floor, curling himself into a ball as he pulled his knees up to his chest and hugged them.

 

“N-n-nooo… wuahhhhhhhh.”


Sungmin let out out a wail. The pain grew stronger than before, spreading to his limbs. He let himself break down fully, as though there is no tomorrow. He tried so hard for the past two months. And the burying just made him feel worse after everything was uncovered again. Being strong doesn’t seem to matter anymore.

 

Everything is gone.

 

He knows.

 

Everything is over.

 

Everything is gone.

 

He will stay away from me; I can’t even watch him from the side anymore.

 

He’s gone.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Kyuhyun trudged back to his practice room.

How… He’s going to be so angry with me for recording the song.

 

Rounding the corner, Kyuhyun saw Eunhyuk and a cleaner clearing up the spillage together.

 

“Kyuhyun! Where did you go? Was Sungmin hyung here?” Eunhyuk placed his hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

“I don’t know…” Kyuhyun walked into the room, eyebrows deeply furrowed.

“What do you mean by you don’t know?” Eunhyuk followed behind him.

“I… I think he heard about the recording. I wasn’t supposed to touch that song…” Kyuhyun’s voice trailed off.

“It’s okay, not the first time he got angry at someone for touching his demos without permission. He’s going to the party later right? Just explain and apologize to Sungmin hyung later.” Eunhyuk patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

 

Kyuhyun nodded, although he had a hunch that Sungmin wouldn’t turn up at the party anymore.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

“To Kyuhyun hyung shooting to fame!” Jonghyun shouted, pushing his beer glass to the middle.

“To Kyuhyun hyung shooting to fame!” The others followed and they clinked their glasses.

“Thanks kids.” Kyuhyun said, bringing his glass to his mouth. His eyes scanned the entire bar again for Sungmin, although he doubted the composer would turn up. It was already an hour into the party.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes lit up as he saw Shindong and Leeteuk crowding behind a familiar back at the bar counter.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

“Yunnn-ho, one set… of-your-best-shots..” Sungmin slurred.

“Min-ah, stop drinking. You’re already drunk.” Leeteuk tried to snatch the beer bottle from Sungmin’s hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter