First Day

The Promise

-Soo Min-

"It's not like I'll be alive tomorrow." Did I just say that out loud? Oh well it doesn't matter anyways.

"wh-what d-do y-you m-mean?"

"I don't want to be alive. I have nothing to live for. No family that loves me, No friends, no talents why should I want to live?" Tears ran down his face but he just looked at me like I said a bad joke. I was saying the truth, the truth being I have nothing.

"Can we make a deal?" What does that have to do with anything?

"Fine," I said relunctantly.

"If I can make you love me in two months time, you won't kill yourself." I promise I won't love you but it will give me one goal completed in my life.

"Deal."

-Soo Min-

I tried my hardest not to laugh at the boy sitting across from me. Yoon Gi's failed attempt of aeygo continued as six people came into the room making a huge ruckus.

"Suga! we found y-who's this?" The guy pulled his sunglasses down and winked and Yoon Gi blushed. How cut- no don't think like that, It's only the first day.

"Rap Mon!" Why is Yoon Gi blushing this much? "This is Soo Min."

"YOUR GIRLFRIEND?" The short one said. [Jimin]

"Yah! She's not my girlfriend yet!" Yet! Really? I won't ever be your girlfriend!

"I won't ever be your girlfriend."

"Aww, our poor Suga got rejected." I started giggling.

"You laughed!" Of course I did it was funny. All of a sudden I felt warmth all around me.

"What are you doing? Get off me!" He jumped back quickly.

"So-sorry! I just reacted and-"

"He's not good with girls." That's Kim Seokjin! Okay I know what you're thinking, "Why did she get so excited about Jin?" Well he was the guy I was crushing on at the moment, but he would never notice me so I gave up and admired him from afar.

"Hyung! Don't embarass me..."

"Why not? You must like her a lot to be blushing that much." This is so awkward.

"Well I don't like him so I'm going to leave now." I started to gather my things, but a hand grabbed my wrist and I looked over to see Suga's face in tears. The hand however belonged to the youngest of the group.

"Please apoligize to him. He doesn't exactly know the best words to say at times, but he's really trying to get you to notice him. Just give him a chance to prove himself." The maknae whispered in my ear. This kid guilt tripping me. Why does he have to be so wise?

"S-suga, can I talk to you privately for a second?" I'm going to hate myself.

"We'll excuse ourselves." The boys walked out of the room. I turned to look at the boy infront of me. He looked so sad.

"Look, I'm sorry about what I said. I just don't want you to get your hopes high and then you be heartbroken when you don't win this bet." He looked at me slowly.

"I know we just met, but please believe me when I say I won't let you die." 

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you care so much? I could have just died and no one would care, but you had to stop me."

"You can't tell anyone alright?" I nodded and he continued. "When I was younger I had a wonderful sister. She took care of me and saved me from the beatings I would get everyday. One day however," he had to stop because the tears wouldn't stop rolling down his cheeks, "she decided she couldn't take it anymore. She told me to wait in her room and she would solve our problem once for all. I n-never thought she would murder my dad and then kill herself. I moved here to get way from the constant teasing I would get afterwards. I stayed strong and didn't end it so please don't end it."

"So you're saying if today didn't happen you would have never noticed me?"

"I'm so sorry to hear that Yoongi."

"Can you tell me why you wanted to end it all?" Well there is a question I wasn't expecting.

"I already told you. I don't have friends or family."

"Thats not all is it?" Persistant much?

"It doesn't matter! Just drop it okay?"

"No."

"Please drop it."

"I only will if you go on a date with me after school." My stepdad will kill me if I'm already later than I will be.

"I-I can't."

"Then tell me."

"You don't understand! I can't be late getting home!"

 

-Yoon Gi-

What does she mean? Can't be late getting home? Isn't she going to detention today?

"What about your detention?" Her face paled drastically. What are you not telling me?

"No, not again not again." She whispered to herself. What has her so worried?

"Soo Min?" I reached forward to comfort her only to be be swatted away.

"Don't touch me!" Fear. Fear was all I saw in her face.

"I won't push you to tell me. All I ask is that you tell me eventually." I tried to hug her again. She accepted it this time and cried in my arms. After thirty minutes she finally calmed down. The bell rang signaling lunch.

"Clean yourself up and then let's go to lunch." As she went to the bathroom the nurse came in.

"I just wanted to tell you some of the bruises on her are not just from today." The rage built up inside of me. Who else is bullying her?!

"Thank you so much." I bowed to her just as Soo Min walked out.

"Come on beautiful. Let's go." I grabbed her hand. She didn't pull it away so I guessed she was shocked.

We walked into the lunch room and saw the guys. I made sure she sat on my right side and was comfortable before I reached into my backpack to get my lunch. As I sat my lunch down I noticed she wasn't getting up to get food or going through her backpack. Maybe I should ask.

"Are you eating anything?" Please say yes.

"I'm not hungry." She scratched the back of her head. How cute. Wait, that doesn't matter right now Suga.

"You have to eat something. Here, eat some of mine." I split my sandwich in half and handed it to her.

"Thanks." She devoured it quickly. Why did she say she wasn't hungry? Maybe she was being modest.

"So, you were holding Soo Min's hand? Wow you work fast." This damn maknae! Whispering in my ear to make me blush.

"Shut up, Kookie." I whispered glaring at him. He smirked and continued to talk to Jimin.

"Yoon Gi, I'm going to go to the music room for the rest of lunch." Soo Min said.

"I'll join you!" I jumped out of my seat to see the rest of BTS staring at me dumbfounded, especially Jin. Sorry, Jin I'll explain later.

We got up and slowly walked to the music room. It was such an uncomfortable atmosphere. I kept glancing over at her to see her still looking at the ground. Seriously, could this be anymore awkward? Oh, thank god! We finally arrived at the music room. 

"You don't have to be in here with me. You can go back to your friends."

"Nah, I don't want to. They'll just tease me again." She sighed at what I said.

"Fine, make yourself comfortable." She walked over to the piano while I sat on the floor by the door. I closed my eyes after sneaking a peek at her. Then I heard the piano create a melody I never heard before. I opened my eyes to see Soo Min playing piano, smiling. And she said she didn't have any talents. I smirked and closed my eyes enjoying the beautiful music playing. The bell rang too soon. She packed up and was about to exit the door when I stopped her.

"Can I walk you to class s-so another a-attack doesn't h-happen?"

"Fine." Why can't you smile like you did when you played piano.