Chapter 3: The Secret.

Tragic Love

[CONTINUED FLASHBACK]

 

That night, Jessica went to sleep early. Both of them still haven't talked to each other since the incident in the afternoon. Taeyeon felt bad towards Jessica, for treating her like this, but she has her own problems as well. Taeyeon sat at the edge of the bed, the lamp casting a dim halo of light around the little plastic packet. She looked back at Jessica, lying on her bed. She softly whispered, "Sorry Sica.....". Taeyeon laid her hand on Jessica’s bare thigh, brushing against her skin. She felt smooth and warm. Taeyeon looked at the little plastic packet again, and all of a sudden, tears welled in her eyes. The past few days were good, happy. To abandon that now... 

She wiped the tears away with the sleeve of her sweater and took a deep breath. 

"I’ll live happily with her," Taeyeon murmured. "We’ll be happy together. Nothing can come between us." Behind her, Jessica stirred, a loud snore erupting from her as she murmured something in her sleep. Taeyeon smiled. It’s been a long time since she felt so happy, being able to be with the one she loves. She tucked the packet under her pillow and went to sleep.  

~~ 

The next morning when Taeyeon woke up, Jessica was no longer beside her, or anywhere in the room. She yawned while she rubbed her eyes, looking around. She got off the bed and went into the corridor, hearing voices coming from the living room. It seems that Sunny and Hyoyeon were watching a comedy and laughing really loudly.

"Taeyeon, you're finally awake! Your girlfriend has been up since 7 making breakfast ㅋㅋㅋ" Hyoyeon pointed towards the kitchen. 

"Oh .... is it ...." Taeyeon said in an awkward manner, "I'll go...go help... her.." With that, Taeyeon quickly entered the kitchen, to find that Tiffany and Yoona were already eating the sandwiches.  

"Oh! Taengoo! Come and eat this! Sica made them!" Yoona exclaimed excitedly and signaled her to come seat with them. Jessica turned and saw Taeyeon standing in the doorway. She gave a small smile but turned back quickly to continue frying the egg, and to also avoid awkward eye contact with Taeyeon. Taeyeon took her seat beside Tiffany quietly and took one of the sandwich. She looked at Jessica’s back and slowly nimble on her sandwich, with mixed feelings. She felt angry at herself for making Jessica cry and she also felt guilty for that. 

"Yoona-ah, didn't you say Seunggi was coming to fetch you? Why haven't you changed yet." Jessica said as she placed the fried egg onto the plate. "OH YES ! I'll get ready now, see you later!" Yoona quickly finished up her meal and went out, with Tiffany tagging along. Tiffany gave a quick pat on Taeyeon's back and left. It was only left with Taeyeon and Jessica in the kitchen. 

"Sica-ah..." Taeyeon cleared , "we need to talk...." Jessica stopped for a moment, back facing Taeyeon, "Do you want some fried eggs?" She changed the topic. She still feels awkward. Taeyeon looked down, feeling sorry, "well...uh, sure." As Jessica placed the plate in front of her, Taeyeon quickly held on to her hand. "We really need to talk." 

Jessica hesitated for moment and pulled her hands out of Taeyeon's grip. She walked to the kitchen counter, back facing Taeyeon as she didn't dare to look at her in the eye, "What...is it?" 

"Well, I'm sorry for treating you like that yesterday... I shouldn't have been so, sensitive...." Taeyeon apologized, with a rather solemn tone. 

"It's okay for you to be mad at me, it's all my fault, for touching your things..." Jessica replied, almost on the verge of tears. 

"Well... it's not that...." Taeyeon stood up and walked towards her.

"Then? Well I'm sorry for being a busybody, I'm sorry for caring for you, it's all just wishful thinking on my part!" Jessica couldn't control the tears which were rolling down her cheeks.

Just then, Taeyeon's hands went around Jessica’s waist, giving her a backhug. She whispered into Jessica's ear, "It's okay, everything's gonna be alright." Jessica then sobbed uncontrollably in Taeyeon's embrace. Taeyeon then gave Jessica a light peck and comforted her.

"Then ..... what are those pills....are you really sick...?" Jessica sniffed her nose. Taeyeon was taken aback. She let go of her hand and turned away. "Why? Is something really wrong Taeyeon? Please don't do this to me, please.... tell me what happen" Jessica then held on to Taeyeon's arms, in tears. Taeyeon wiped away Jessica’s tears, "Sica-ah, you don't have to worry about me, all that matters is that you're happy...." 

Jessica then took out a large brown envelope. Taeyeon was shocked. "Jessica.... where did you get that...it's my-" 

"It's your medical report, Taeyeon. I searched your drawer last night, since you won't want to tell me, I had to take things in my own hands....." 

"GIVE IT BACK TO ME!" Taeyeon tried to grab it back from Jessica but she dodged. "I know your secret Kim Taeyeon! Why did you not tell us about this!! Why! It's such a serious matter and you got me so worried!" Jessica cried even harder. Taeyeon was also crying, and feeling sorry and regretful. She should have told her. 

Just then, Sunny walked into the kitchen, wondering what happened, "Ya! What's going on why is it so noisy!" Taeyeon quickly held on to Jessica and went forward. Her lips touched Jessica’s soft lips and they kissed. "Omo! Ya!!! Don't do this here!!!!" Sunny saw the kiss and then covered her eyes and walked off quickly while giggling to herself.

Jessica broke the kiss and regained her composure. "I am going to tell Sunny about this, how can you hide from us such a important matter!! What happened! ! Kim Taeyeon!"

"NO! Please don't tell them! I beg you ! Jessica! Please" Taeyeon went down on her knees, tears trickled down her cheeks, begging Jessica to not tell the others. 

Jessica also went down, tears in her eyes, "Taeyeon-ah, I can take care of you... don't make me so worried for you." She held on to Taeyeon. 

"I'll help to make sure you recover -"

"Jessica!!" Taeyeon yelled. "It's really okay... I can do this myself... just...don't let the rest know....please, go away." 

Jessica was shock by Taeyeon's sudden mood change. It seems like Taeyeon's condition is really serious. 

Jessica looked at the report again, she still couldn't take it that Kim Taeyeon has dysthymia, a type of depression.