Best Friends... p. 1

Look At Me

JB’s POV
Ah… Another exhausting day… I’m practicing here alone, like always. Since JinYoung likes singing more than dancing he spends a lot of time for improving his singing skills while I’m trying to do the same with my dancing skills.  When I dance I feel really carefree… I can do everything. Well, maybe not verbatim but still I can’t imagine my life without dance. If someone dared to take it away from me… I would probably die. This is what I want and need to do. I hope I will be able to show my abilities to the larger audience someday…

I heard we’re meeting a new JYP’s trainee today at 3PM. He’s going to be on the same group as me. JYP chooses only the best people to join the company so I guess he musts be pretty talented. I hope he won’t be disturbing in my dance practices because I can change into a devil in one second. Be careful newbie… Well, Never mind. Let’s burn the parquet now!

*that afternoon*
As soon as a red haired boy emerged from behind the door and looked at me shyly the JYP’s staff started to introduce him to me. “JaeBum, this is Mark Tuan. Since today you should help him adapt here. As you can see Mark looks really confused because he doesn’t speak korean well. He came to us from America. I hope you’ll get along.” After those words we became alone. I wasn’t really interested to talk to him but it’s my duty. Ah… I want to dance more. “So… I’m JaeBum… I see you’re really nervous.” He nodded. “Mind to show me your dancing skills?” If I remember his name correctly it’s Mark. So… he looked a little shocked at my sudden request. I didn’t know why… He’ll become an idol someday, he shouldn’t be embarrassed at all. “How did you cast here?” I asked curiously. “I… I was just an ordinary student but I was casted by a representative from JYP on the street.” He asked my question using his poor korean. Well… As for non-korean person his accent is not that bad… Anyway… He was casted on the street? So he musts be really good because JYP wouldn't have looked at him if it was opposite. I’m really interested… “It’s not what you think… I’m not good at all… I don’t have any experience in dancing or rapping.” What? So why did JYP take him? I don’t understand it… People work really hard to join this company… It’s not a place to play in! I was getting angry because it seemed that all my hard work was useless until now. “So you came here to play around? Trainees of JYP dance and sing here even till 5AM, most of us get hurt because we want our dreams to come true. And you’re telling me you don’t have any experience in dancing? Are you kidding me?! We don’t need someone like you… What brings you to Korea? Go away if you’re going to laze here.” I was about to turn around and leave him alone but he was faster and grabbed my wrist really hard. “Please… Help me… I want to try! I want to change my life but I need someone to help me.” He had a confident, intrepid look in his eyes. I don’t know why he wants it so desperately but I couldn’t help to feel a strange need to protect the older boy. Our eyes locked and for a split second it was as if we were gazing each other's wounded souls but as soon as Mark saw my unconvinced look he let go of my wrist and looked down at his feet. We were standing in this uncomfortable silence for more than few minutes when I started… “Dance… You think you can handle it?” His eyes widened at my words. I could see how much he was thinking how to answer me. After some time of silence he said he’s ready for everything. And that’s how our journey begun…

“JaeBum, can you help me with this korean homework?” Mark always asks me about the same. Even if this is pain in the I seem to like spending time with him. Mark is a really calm and self-possessed person. When I started learning him how to dance I thought he has no talent… But after few days he became better. I was so amazed by him… I didn’t know someone can improve their skills so fast as  Mark does. I’m really proud of him, I need to admit it. I guess I enjoy our banal and trivial conversations. I like the way he’s always honest with his feelings. But… I can say Mark hides something from me… Something what is really painful to him… I want to ask him but it’s not my business… “Should we go somewhere today, Mark?” We always hang out when both of us have time to do so. I never cared about this kind of things but… I think Mark and I are the best friends now.  

“I’m going on a date.” I said it to Mark who happily said “Good Luck and have fun on your date!” with a smile on his face. Hmpf! Why is he so cheerful about it? I agreed only because I don’t have anything to do today since Mark needs to practice alone. I even don’t know this girl. Anyway Mark is lately really… weird. He looks so down and low-spirited. I want to do something to cheer him up but I can’t come up with any good idea. I should first ask him what’s wrong, shouldn’t I?

*On the date*
“JaeBum, what do you think of my new skirt? It’s cute, isn’t it? I bought it yesterday… blah… blah…” Omg… my head hurts so much because of this annoying girl. I want to go home… to Mark and talk with him even about nonsenses. I want to hear his voice… and touch him… “Hey! JaeBum! Do you hear me? I was about to ask you were are we going…” ugh… What is Mark doing now? I want to know how he feels… Is he happy? Is he working hard right now in order to improve his skills? “JAEBUM!” The girl shouted and stepped in front of me. “What?” I asked uninterested. The girl looked kinda annoyed. I really didn’t care about it although I decided to listen what she wants to say. “Jaebum… do you like me? I want to get to know you more…” the girl said what she had on mind looking at me with a weird expression. Her lips were shining because of her lipstick, I could see in her eyes fake tears… Ah… not this again… “Sorry but I’m not interested. I need to go now. Bye! Don’t call me again.” I really didn’t care about her feelings  because I knew she likes me because of my look. As soon as I said it I started running towards our company direction leaving an angry girl all by herself. I want to see Mark and feel him close to me…

to be continued…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So it's the third chapter of this story! ^^ I hope you've enjoyed it.
I'll try to upload a new chap tomorrow.
Subscribe&Comment ^^
Thank Youuuuu~for reading this story my beloved subscribers~~~~