Can I Join?

A Girl Who Reads

“Find a girl who reads. You’ll know that she does because she will always have an unread book in her bag.

 She’s the one lovingly looking over the shelves in the bookstore, the one who quietly cries out when she has found the book she wants.

You see that weird chick sniffing the pages of an old book in a secondhand book shop? That’s the reader. They can never resist smelling the pages, especially when they are yellow and worn.”

 

And on a sunny afternoon while he was walking around, Luhan found Yoona.

It seems like they’re always destined to meet, and (again) um, not far from anything related with books.

 

She was in a book store located on the left side of the road. Yoona was on tiptoe, trying hard to reach a book that was on the top shelf, away from her reach. Luhan grins widely when he found his crush.

' Kling .. '


The sound of the bell for the new visitors coming softly echoed throughout the room. And yah, as expected, Yoona still not taking her eyes from the synopsis of the book she took earlier.


Perfect ! This is what she wanted. The unusual plot that makes her curious.

 

She put the book into the shopping bag with the happy face. Then she stepped towards the other bookcase.

From the opposite direction, Luhan came closer to the same bookshelf. He wanted to greet Yoona, but before he could utter a word, Yoona had hit him first. Glasses that perched on her nose drooping slightly. After that, she repeatedly bowed and nonstop saying sorry.


" It’s okay. " Luhan laughed. Yoona looked up and stared at the boy who she had just hit.


Boy from yesterday.
 

"You're so in love with books, hm, Yoona-ssi? Because I always see you in a place full of books." Said Luhan in a voice that sounded a bit curious. "I certainly imagine how if your room is filled with books too. Oh wait, maybe that’s true?"


Yoona stucked in her place. In front of this boy, she couldn’t speak anything. Her tongue tied.

She should reply with some better words to Luhan’s sentence... As in the novel she read. She should be able to interact with more fun... She can’t only remain silent like this...
 

“Uh, if you let me... can I come with you..?” Luhan suddenly asked, sounded doubtfully. He was fearing of the girl in front of him who’s remain silent without answering.

From the beginning when Luhan met her, she never open up her lips to talk. Not even a single word. Luhan never even heard Yoona’s voice at all. When he met her yesterday , she was just replying his handshake and nodding awkwardly in silence.

Then after a while, she stood up and walked away without saying anything.

Though he just wanted to know better about the girl who stood in front of him right now.
 


Yoona looking at him with astonishment mingled surprise.
"Huh ?"


That's the first word he heard for the first time from the Yoona’s lips.


"Well... I’m bored. So... can I come with you ? " Luhan looked at her and pleading .
 

That puppy eyes ...

Yoona began to falter . She looked confused for a moment. Then finally she answered softly ,
 

"Whatever you want. "

Huh ? What is that?! Yoona cursed herself. She bowed her head deeply. Her tone was sounded very awkward , right? Definitely yes.

Oh my God, this is bad.

 

Then she braced up herself to face Luhan.


Luhan turned out to welcome her eyes with a smile . Her eyes sparkled brightly. Seeing something like that—Yoona can’t say anything else .

She was fascinated.

-
 

This time Yoona doesn’t walk alone like usual. Beside her, there is a handsome young boy who had been ruffled his hair with a nervous feeling from ten minutes ago. He tried to not show his nervousness with turn his head to the right and left.

The road is filled with second-hand booksellers. The smell of old books are everywhere.

Contrast with Luhan who looks confused , Yoona looks so happy. Many times she was in and out of the store, down the street without being tired from a store to another store. Luhan was not too fond of books, but seeing the joy that painted on Yoona's face, he's happy too.

Eventually he followed Yoona's steps into a small bookstore. In the left corner, Yoona was reading an old book—of course, you can see it from the every pages in the book that turned into fade yellow.


"What is it?” Luhan came closer. Yoona replied him with straightforward answer .
 

"I don’t know. I just see it now . But it seems exciting, because the author of this book is Stephen King. My favourite." She smiled, but she didn’t see the face of Luhan at all because she just too focused with the book in her hands. When she about to turn around, Yoona realized how close the distance between her and Luhan now. Even she can smell the refreshing citrus scent that made into her nose from Luhan’s body.


Without being able to prevent it, her both cheeks warmed.

He immediately walked away and left Yoona while was silent in her place. Suddenly, her chest was pounding. He breathed over and over again , trying to calm herself .

I must go. Right now.


Yoona finally stepped to the cashier and chose to immediately go out from this place. Luhan who saw Yoona just now, rushed himself to followed her outside.
"Hey , wait for me Yoona - ssi!"