All A Mistake

Opposite Attraction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

All A Mistake

 

Kris went ahead of both you and Kai to the conference room. He gave you a little piece of paper with things written on it before he left.

 

“If you don’t know what to say, just read what’s there.” Kris said as he handed you the paper.

 

“Thanks, Oppa. But don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” you responded as you gave him a quick hug.

 

“Okay then, I’ll see you guys there”. Kris said as he shook Kai’s hand.

 

            Kai bowed to Kris after shaking hands, then Kris immediately left the hallway. Kai asked you to walk with him, looked at you then said…

 

“Keep smiling, Li Na. You wouldn’t want the press to think that this is all a sham.” Kai whispered in your ear as you walked together towards the conference room.

 

“Don’t order me around, Jongin.” you replied as you gave him a grey stare.

 

            Kai just smirked and as he put his hand at the small of your back, then lead you up the stairs. As Kai took the last step before you, he reached out his hand to help you up while saying…

                                                                                             

“At least stick close to me. I won’t bite. Not with all those guys pointing their cameras at us.” Kai said while letting a cute grin and a childish laugh.

 

            Kai seemed to be really playful and fun to be with – well at least for someone exclusively born and raised in the business world. You took his hand, responded to his words with a smile, and then he opened the door.

 

“Lots ‘o people, I see.” you murmured to yourself while waving your hand to the public.

 

“Well, we’re not shabby people my dear. We’re business people.” Kai replied as he too, waved his hand to the press.

 

“Maybe that’s true for you, but not for me.” you responded.

            Right after you finished whispering, Kai wrapped his left arm around your back all the way to your arm. He gave you a not-so-tight side hug, then pulled you close to him.

 

“Please don’t kick my for what I’m about to do.” Kai snickered as you spoke.

 

            Immediately after he said that, he tilted your head a little just enough for it to be close to his mouth, then drew his lips against your hair. He stayed there for around 2 seconds then let go of the hug.

 

“I…. Wha… What the heck was that for?!” you asked as you looked at him with a questioning look.

 

“It’s for a little public display of affection. The media men love that. That way they won’t think of this as a diversion.” Kai replied as he reached out to your hand.

 

“You’re blushing.” he continued as he looked you in the eye.

 

“Because a guy took advantage of the fact that he’s my fiancé and kissed me.” you replied, blushing more.

 

“You know, you’re really cute. Glad I’m in this spot with you right now.” Kai said bac as his hand slowly wrapped itself on yours.

 

“Now’s not the time to talk about this.” you said as you looked at the red carpet set in front of you, then continued walking.

 

Kai showed you the way to the seats in front where Kris was seated.  As you sat down, the KGC spokesperson stood up and went to the podium.

 

“Good morning everyone. Today, we will be officially announcing the wedding of the sole heir of the KGC, Kim Jongin…. (Kai stood up and bowed) … and the daughter of the president of Wu Corporation, Wu Li Na… (You stood up and bowed down gracefully).” the spokesperson introduced.

 

            The conference was going quite well, all questions were usual and not controversial until one lady from the media raised a rather expected question.

 

“Is it true that this marriage is only a diversion for the merger that’s being set up between KGC and Wu Corporation?” the lady said.

            As you were about to stand up and speak, being the reckless woman you are, the two gentlemen beside you - Kai and Kris, held both your hands, one for each other, and looked at you in the eyes. Kris shook his head sideways who seemed to be telling you not to speak. As you faced Kai the other way, he just smiled and stood up.

 

“This is not a diversion, madam.” Kai replied to the lady with a generous smile.

 

“As you see, there is indeed a merger being planned in between our families’ companies, but that is not, in any way related to our marriage announcement. It’s just a little… coincidental.” Kai continued as his smile grew bigger.

 

“So is it safe to say that you have been secretly meeting each other before all this ruckus about the diversion came up?” the lady asked back.

 

“… Not necessarily true, madam. It may sound too left back in the 80’s, but this fine lady in front stole my heart on the first day I met her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter