Distant Solace

Opposite Attraction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Distant Solace

 

            As you went into your room to find solace and comfort from the dreadful news you have heard from your father yourself, Kris, whose eyes showed how much concern he has for you followed. As you walked nearer the door of your room, tears slowly filled up your eyes, which blurred your vision. You opened the door and shut it close without looking back to Kris who started to run towards your room.

 

“Li Na? Will you let me in?” Kris asked.

 

You propped behind the door where Kris was waiting.

 

“This is insane, Oppa. This is crazy!” you said with tears welling out of your eyes.

 

“How can that old geezer decide something that would essentially dictate my life? All he cares about is money, and never about this family!” you cried with resentment.

 

“I know where you’re coming from Li Na, I understand. Will you please let me in?” Kris appealed again.

 

            You opened the locked door and saw Kris who was mortified as well of the happening. He immediately tucked you between his arms and hugged you tight. You could hear him breathing heavily underneath his chest.

 

“Oppa, I don’t want to get married yet. Especially not with someone I don’t know and don’t love.” you spoke with words not clearly audible.

 

“I know my sister, I know… “ Kris replied with a hanging tone in the end.

 

“… but you know Appa will not offer you any other options.” he continued while lifting your face by the chin with his left hand.

 

“That’s the saddest thing about him being my father!” you shrieked. “Did he ever think that I wished for this kind of life? A life of luxury and expectations – never! Yet he orders me around like I’m some kind of a pawn in a game. Even you!” you continued.

 

            Kris’ visage showed signs of sadness and regret. He drew his fingers to comb up his hair and said…

 

“How I wish I had a will as strong as yours Li Na, but I don’t.” he said with a regretful tone.

 

“Appa wants me be back in Canada by next week to work on the legalities of the merger process.” he continued.

 

“Then… are you leaving me here? Are you going to let this happen to me?” you asked.

 

“I’m sorry Li Na, but I have to do as he says, or everything that our family has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter