Kim Jongin

Opposite Attraction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

Kim Jongin

 

“Who am I not to be proud to have you as my sister?” Kris spoke with a loud voice as you walked down the circling staircase.

 

            You were wearing a simple red dress with your family crest embroidered on the hip area. A rosy pink lipstick covered your pouty maws that showed iness in every angle. Your shoulders were showing – the blades of your back complimented the thin strap of your dress. A small purse filled your hand with something you can hold on to.

 

“Where are we headed to?” You asked Kris who took your hand as your foot left the last step.

 

“We’re going to the KGC Headquarters.” Kris responded with a smile.

 

“Sounds like a military base to me.” you said with an uninterested voice.

 

“Hahaha! You always have something to say about everything, huh sis?” Kris burst out in laughter as he led you outside your mansion and into a jet-black limo.

 

“I mean, who the heck would call their office a headquarters? Crazy.” you replied.

 

“Just don’t mind them Li Na, soon they’ll be family.” Kris said.

 

“Stop saying that. I never accepted any of this.” you said with a threatening voice.

 

“Sorry.” Kris apologized.

 

            You didn’t say anything else after that. Kris opened the car door for you and you both rode the black car to the destination – KGC Head Office.

 

“Stay close to me.” Kris said as he was about to open the car door for you.

 

            The KGC Headquarters was teeming with media men and women, paparazzi, and even politicians. Clearly this wasn’t an ordinary gathering. After all, KGC and Wu Corporation are amongst the leading companies of today.

 

            You nodded as Kris stepped out of the car first, opening the car door with his right hand and holding your hand with his left. As soon as you stepped out of the car, paparazzi and photographers started taking pictures of you.

 

“Step out of the way people! Give us some space!” Kris shouted while covering you with his slender arms.

 

Photographers were pushing each other just to get a chance of taking a quick snapshot of you, the bride-to-be. Kris was leading the way for you as the KGC security personnel rendezvoused with you halfway.


“Ms. Wu, rumors are spreading about this marriage being a sham to cover up the bankruptcy of your company. Is there any truth to that?” A reporter shouted holding out a microphone in his hand while others pushed each other around in frenzy.

 

“That’s not true!” Kris responded. “This is a real marriage, that’s why we’re here to make an official announcement through this press conference. Please save your questions for later!” he continued as he covered you from the cameras.

 

            As you went near the steps just before the building entrance, everything started to overwhelm you. More and more people have come to swarm around you. The voices of the people, the murmurs of the politicians, the flashes of the cameras – everything dealt damage to your mind and soul.

 

            Everything was horrifying for you at that moment. You can’t hear anybody speaking, just people opening their mouths. Their words were like whispers in the wind to you – they were barely inaudible. The flashing cameras have blinded you, giving you a bare frosty vision. Everything transpired too fast, and you were in tears while on your knees before you even perceived.  

 

            All you could see was Kris in front of you. Your vision was becoming a lot worse every second that went by and you started catching your breath.

 

“Kris… help… me up.” you said with a faint voice while reaching out your hand.

 

“Give… lady… some…. space… “ you could barely hear Kris said.

 

            As you gradually lost the power to reach out to Kris, your hand started dwindling down.

 

“Take my… hand.” an unfamiliar voice spoke from behind you.

 

            As you tried t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter