Chapter 18- In Pain

Hello, My Platonic Love!

Chapter 18

As soon as Kris parked the car in front of the entrance randomly, Kris rushed out of the vehicle and ran to passenger side.

Kris opened the door and carried SoEun in his arms as he dashed into the hospital. Kris ran up to the reception desk and told the nurses about the condition of SoEun. Then the nurses picked up SoEun from Kris’s arm to have a check up.

“No, that’s not it!” SoEun put forth her strength and stopped the action of the nurse by saying so. Then she got herself off from Kris’s arm before the nurse did. SoEun forced out a smile and told the nurses that she was having menstrual cramps. The pain bothered SoEun during the whole dinner. Due to manner, she felt that was not appropriate to tell them such kind of thing since they were men.

The nurses burst into laugh after hearing the answer from SoEun. Nevertheless, they also showed envies toward SoEun that she got a boyfriend who cared about his girlfriend that much.

“SoEun si, are you okay? Why are you guys standing still? She is about to faint.” After SoEun’s finished her word, she fell to Kris’s arm as her legs became weak that she could hardly stand. Kris held SoEun for support and had SoEun’s head resting on the left side of his shoulder.

“Mister, please calm down. Your girlfriend is having menstrual cramps also known as period pain, that’s not a big deal that she will experience it each month.”

“Although we’re so envious of your girlfriend, but let us tell you some tips to help her reduce the pain. You can apply a hot compress onto her lower abdomen, which a little lavender oil has been sprinkled and you can also let her inhale some lavender oil at the same time for a plus.” Kris nodded his head in understanding. Soon after, Kris bowed his head to the nurses before leaving the hospital and he droved SoEun back to her house.

Doing the same thing as before, SoEun was swept up like a princess as Kris again carried her in his arms to her house. Kris pulled out the key from SoEun’s purse and opened the door with one hand. Quickly, Kris placed SoEun on the sofa that still had the feature contorted with discomfort.

“SoEun si, get some rest first! I’ll go to get some lavender oil for you.” Telling by SoEun, Kris rushed to the bathroom and got the hot pack out of the boiler placed inside the bathroom. Then, he helped SoEun applying the hot pack on SoEun’s tummy before going to the drug store to buy the lavender oil due to the nurses’ recommendation.

“Excuse me, may I ask do you guys selling lavender essential oils here?” Kris arrived to the closest drugstore that few blocks away from SoEun’s apartment and rushed to the cashier.

“Yes, we do! Here is it!” The staff grabbed the lavender oil from the essential oil section as she turned around to the shelf on behind her.

“Is this true that it can helps with reducing menstrual cramps?” Kris picked up the little bottle of lavender oil that the staff put on the top of the counter and asked to make sure about the benefits of the lavender oil.

“Ah, you buy this for your girlfriend? What a sweet boyfriend you are!” The staff was an auntie and she looked at Kris with appreciation for his sweet act for his girlfriend. She raised her eyebrow as she talked with Kris. “Yes, this is one of the uses and benefits of it.”

“If that so, can you get me ten bottles of it.” Kris pulled his wallet out of his inner pocket of his suit jacket and prepared to make the purchase. Yet, the auntie suggested Kris something.

“Ten?!Thank you very much! We also have the lavender oil sanitary pad, it might useful for your girlfriend, are you interested?” The word from the auntie shot Kris out of his head. Does she recommend buying some sanitary pad?

During that period, some lady stepped into the drugstore and mistook that Kris will going to buy some feminine product. Then, they put some strange gaze to Kris as they passed by. An awkward dropped over Kris and he nodded his head hastily, tried to hide his face from the public.

“Thank you very much again!” The auntie put the plastic bag in front of Kris and she received the bill from Kris. As quick as possible, Kris left the store with embarrassment and headed back to SoEun’s apartment in his full speed.

Twisting the doorknob, the door of SoEun’s house got open and Kris walked into the flat. He then rushed himself to SoEun who still resting in the couch. Kris placed the plastic bag full of lavender oil products on the coffee table closed to the couch.

“It’s not hot enough now! I should go and exchange the new one!” At this point, Kris went to the bathroom back and forth the all night just as to get the new heat pack when the temperature of it gone down. More over, Kris added some drops of lavender oil on heat pack before applying them back to SoEun’s lower abdomen as the nurses said.

At the same time, Kris rubbed few drops of lavender oil in his cupped palms, then he put his palms closed to SoEun’s nose as to use the inhalation method to draw the scent into her nostrils to calm beat the pain.

“Busajang-nim, what are you doing here?” As the clock almost hit to 12, Yoona came back home from her dating with SeungGi. She was totally stunned and shocked as soon as the scene reflected into her eyes. “What has happened to SoEun?”

“SoEun si had menstrual pain, and-and someone taught me how to help her feel more relieve from the pain. That’s why I was here.” Kris explained to Yoona about what’s going on right now. Out of nowhere, Kris became stammer as he seems like got caught in the middle of something.

“Since you are back, you should be the one doing it. I-I’m going to excuse myself now, see you tomorrow Yoona si!” Kris grabbed his jacket putting on the single seat next to the sofa SoEun lying on. Both of them bowed to each other slightly and Kris left the apartment before stealing a glance at SoEun.

In the next morning, the sunlight of the morning escaped from the peak of the curtain, which woke up SoEun who been sleeping on the couch the entire night. SoEun opened her hazy eyes as she lifted up her body from the sofa.

Just then, she noticed Yoona slept next to her on the ground and the heat pack on top of her stomach. SoEun patted Yoona’s shoulder to wake her up from the dream with question all over her head.

“SoEun ah, you woke up!?” Yoona asked SoEun as she rubbed her sleepy eyes. Yoona received a nod from SoEun as her response; SoEun then questioned Yoona back about the thing happened last night.

“You seriously don’t remember a hint of thing from last night?! I came home and found Busangjang here with you.” Yoona can’t believe her ears and she narrowed her eyes on SoEun as she waited for SoEun to speak up.

“Well, I do recall that he brought me to the hospital when I’m feeling uncomforted and I told the nurses there that I’m not in discomfort due to illness. Beside that, the memory from last night was all blank.” Gathering up the memory, SoEun elaborated the events happening last night with Kris after dinner. SoEun’s word did nothing but screamed with laughter.

“Busajang he did this?! HAHAHAHA!!! I could never imagine that.” Up till now, Yoona still unable to believe what she just have heard from SoEun. But back to the subject, she told SoEun about all the things that she saw from last night she came back home.

Not much different, SoEun got the same reaction as Yoona at the time she first found out that Kris taking care of someone. But then, the little surprise fad away and SoEun decided to say thanks to Kris for his kindness; yet, she been told from Kris that they just evened out as SoEun helped me to win the contract of Mr. Yilmaz.

 

Several days later

“Please pick up the phone!!! Hurry up and answer the call!!” Standing on the road, SoEun talked to herself as she held up the phone on her ear impatiently. Then one of her free hand, she attempted to hail a cab at the same time. Suddenly, a familiar voice called out and brought SoEun a glimmer of hope.

“SoEun si, what are you doing here?” The owner of the voice was no one but Kris. As he driving his car from the opposite direction where SoEun was standing, he spotted her feature jumping in snit. Right then, he made a big U-turn and stopped his car next to SoEun.

“Kris si?! Why you are here?! Right now is still office hour, isn’t it?” The presence of Kris caused SoEun feel a thrill of surprise. Naturally, SoEun put down the phone from her ear and looked at Kris with her voice still in the anxiety state.

“Yeah, but Mr. Yilmaz is departure for German. I was on my way back to the office, and end up bump into you.” As Kris explained to SoEun, he climbed out of his vehicle and he walked up to SoEun’s side. More than that, he noticed SoEun was not alone, there was a taxi stopped a head the road.

“Agassi, is this gentleman your friend? If possible, do you mind to ask him to give you a ride? I think I need to call a tow truck.” All of sudden, the taxi driver stuck his head and talked to SoEun as he been hiding himself from the car hood. SoEun flagged down his car, but the taxi broke down on the way to the destination.

“The service center might be at the busy hour now. There won’t be any taxi available right now.”

“SoEun si, where do you want to go?” Questions started to resurface in Kris’s mind after hearing the word from the driver. Was she here for delivery? Anya, this won’t be possible. There was neither residential area nor business area nearby. Through the highway, the place ahead was the airport she going?

“Ah, I need to pick somebody up at the airport!” Turning her attention away from the taxi driver, SoEum fixed her eyes on Kris as she answered his question. SoEun’s response proved that Kris has made a right guess. Soon after, Kris offered himself to drop off SoEun at airport.

“Emm…Kris si, I’m not trying to rush you, but do you mind to drive a little bit faster? We are on the highway now.” SoEun’s eyes were on glued on her wristwatch even so she spoke to Kris in which to ask him speed up a bit. The flight was coming soon.

“NE? Ok-okay!” Kris hesitated for a few moments before reacting to SoEun’s request. Why did this scene feel so familiar? That was absolutely the scene copying from the day they first met each other. Same as the first time, she hurried the taxi driver to drive faster in which for her to catch up the meet up time with that MyungSso’s guy. But for today, I became the one she urged.

 

Outside the airport

As soon as Kris parked the car, SoEun released herself from the seatbelt and got off the car. Right after, she dashed into the airport entrance with Kris following behind her. Kris began to run just to keep up his pace with SoEun.

“Just in time!” SoEun led out a relief at the time she reached the arrival hall. Moving her sight away from her watch, she raised her head up to the screen that showing the aircraft arrival time, and then she skimmed through the screen so as to search for the country’s name ‘Vienna’. Here, we all know who was the person SoEun came to pick up.

“He might be come out soon!” SoEun talked to herself as she fixed her appearance. She checked the heels to make sure if they were in a satisfactory state. It seems like everything was good. During that time, Kris already stood next to SoEun, and tilted his head a bit to watch on SoEun’s expression. SoEun pulled out couple diaries from her purse.

SoEun stood there in the middle of the crowd and searched for Chanyeol if he was walking out from the hall with anticipation as she held it tightly in her hands. As minutes passed by, the person SoEun been waiting for this long time came into her direction. However, when the figure became clearer to see, the more it astounded SoEun on the spot.

Suddenly, the diary book fell down to the ground SoEun holding not long ago. Following along with SoEun’s sight, Chanyeol smilingly weaved through the crowd to the SoEun’s direction; yet, the people walking in front of him blocked his eyeshot, which we can tell the people Chanyeol smiling at was the girl who walking down the aisle with Chanyeol as their arms linked together.

SoEun just can barely saw his face somehow, but the smile wore on Chanyeol made SoEun aching a little. Before Chanyeol finding out her presence, SoEun turned her heels and ran away from the arrival hall as fast as she can.

“SoEun si!” Being confused from the outset, Kris had no chance to react and found out him getting leave behind. He took a glance at the diary laid on the floor, and then he picked it up before chasing after SoEun. Even the noise inside the airport was quite loud, but the call from Kris was audible to reach Chanyeol’s ear. It probably because the familiar name that he didn’t expect to hear right there. 

Nevertheless, as Chanyeol craned up his neck and SoEun’s figure was nowhere to be seen. Am I misheard it? Or maybe that SoEun was not the one I thought it would be. Noona was the only person that I informed about my return. How could she showing up here?

“Chanyeol oppa, are you looking for somebody?” The girl pushed Chanyeol’s shoulder in a light way with her free hand and it was enough to bring Chanyeol back to his sense.

“Ne? Anniyo, I’m just spacing out a little. Let’s go!” Chanyeol flashed a smile as if to blot out his emotion to be seen. Hereafter, he took the girl’s arm and they both left the airport together as thoughts swirled around Chanyeol’s head.

“SoEun si! SoEun si!” On the other hand, SoEun stopped in front of Kris’s car and waited until Kris caught up with her. Kris pulled SoEun’s arm a bit as he planned to ask what’s wrong with her. But SoEun spoke up first before questions throwing out from Kris.

“Please take me away from here!” SoEun’s voice was trembling and her beg caused Kris stunning and shocking for a while as he swallowed down the questions back to his throat. After then, Kris brought SoEun to a convenience store under her request. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, what does you think about this chapter?  Love it? Dislike it? or fair to middling? I hope you guys will love this chapter since this was the first time Kris tried so hard to take care of someone. Maybe it just due to the kindness, or maybe something more than that. We might not know it as well as Kris himself. And what do you think about the relationship between SoEun and Chanyeol? How come SoEun becoming that strange in the airport? Let us find out the answer in the next chapter. and again, hope you guys be patient. Finals are coming up, and I need to turn on my study mode. But before that, I finished a new chapter and updated it as a solatia. E!N!J!O!Y!