Chapter 10- New Start

Hello, My Platonic Love!

                                                                                      yio4LxqyT.jpeg

Chapter 10

 

As expected, the breath-taking Valentines’ Day has finally came. Yet, for regular couples, today will be the most ecstatic day out of the year, but not for our Krisso couple. Nonetheless, Kris’ adorable mom wanted to create a great memory for his lovely son first Valentines’ Day experience, she managed the date rundown for Kris and SoEun.

 

“Kris ah, here is the schedule for you today.” Kris’ mom handed over a sheet of paper wrote over by pencil sat on Kris’ office chair and Kris looked at his mother with no clue after entering his own office. Umma’s office was few floors level above the fashion department.

 

“What’s going on, Umma?” Kris questioned his mother at the time he stopped at the center of his desk and received the paper his mother passed to him with a confusion look, asked “What is this for?”

 

“What is this? Oh please, Kris! Do you still need me to remind you? Today is Valentines.” Kris’ mom took away the glasses on her face and randomly threw to the desk, stood up and moved to Kris’ side. She slightly tapped Kris’ shoulder, and said “Umma knew you might be too busy to handle this kind of stuff, but this is the first Valentines with SoEun si, and your first Valentines in this 25 years. That was the schedule I planned for you. Go ahead and have a special date with SoEun. I already notified your uncle to not schedule works for you today. C’mon.”

 

Kris’ mom pushed Kris back with both of her hands to the office door. Kris awkwardly turned his face to his mother but she had an excited expression on her face. With no help, Kris already stood outside of his office, he glanced around the office on his employees who had strange glare on him. He frustrated with the situation and immediately headed to the elevator.

 

Waiting for the elevator to reach the floor level, Kris was thinking to ignore his mother’s advice intently by escaping away to go out a date with SoEun. However, his cellphone abruptly resonated inside his suit jacket pocket.

 

Kris instinctively picked up the phone call after taking out the phone, and the caller showed on the cellphone screen shocked Kris by widening his eyes opened big. Kris answered the call few seconds passed by sliding the phone to unlock the screen, inexpressively said “YOEBOSEYO! What is the reason for the call?”

 

“Kris si, our patisserie was kind of busy today due to the Valentines holiday. Do you mind if I pushed the date to afternoon?” SoEun queried Kris for his permission to the time changing for their date with breathing heavily.           

 

 “What? Err… whatever. I’m fine with that. But…” Kris furrowed his eyebrows with confusion and replied SoEun’s request reluctantly. How can she know we going have a date? I haven’t call her for this demand. Could it be, Umma? “Isn’t my mom called you today for this date?”

 

“Yeah. She said you were too busy today’s morning to inform me that, that was why she calling me instead.” SoEun nodded her head at the time she responded to Kris’s question. Later, few customers walked in to the cake shop and caught SoEun’ eyes, she instantly said to Kris “Kris si, I need to hang up. See you later, bye.” SoEun ended the call with the sentence and served the customers who just came in.

 

“Aish!” Kris hissed while put away his phone back into his pocket. He gritted his teeth and scratched his head with annoying face. God, why do you need to treat me like this? The previous day’s incident made Kris unwillingly to see SoEun’s face. By virtue of SoEun’s call, Kris has missed the elevator, then he pressed the down button for the elevator indecently.  

 

Time flies faster than usual, the sun brightly sprinkled the day with hopefulness. Kris parked his car one block away from SoEun’s patisserie. He rested myself on his seat with his eyes closed while waiting SoEun to come.

 

SoEun bowed to the customer who coming in to the shop as she came out with a smile on her face. She headed to the location Kris told her after his arrival. SoEun knocked the car window which woke Kris up from his rest. Kris sat up politely and unlocked the car door for SoEun to get in the vehicle.

 

SoEun opened the door and climbed inside the vehicle. She landed her on the passenger seat, and she turned to Kris asked in curiosity. “So are we gonna have lunch first?” SoEun said to Kris as she fastened the seat belt.

 

“Yeah. Mom gave this to me before I came here.” Kris answered to SoEun with a carefree tone as he pulled out a paper from the glove box in the dash in front of the passenger’s seat and casually passed over to SoEun.

 

“What is this for?” SoEun asked the same question as Kris when he received the paper from his mother. SoEun unfolded the paper without waiting for the reply from Kris. SoEun scanned through the paper and realized the idea behind this paper sheet. “So how about we go to grab something to eat first? We’ve already missed a lot of things.” 

 

As SoEun said so, Kris started the car engine and drove to a particular restaurant to fulfill their stomachs with inexpressive looks. On the route to the restaurant, SoEun looked over the checklist from Kris’ mom carefully and said, “Kris si, how about we go to the amusement park afterward? It sounds fun.”

 

After the careful consideration, SoEun suggestively spoke out her thoughts to Kris. Who knows the answer she earned from Kris was “Naive!” Kris coldness reply caused SoEun feel disappointing and pouted.

 

“So Kris si you don’t like childish stuffs, but don’t you think that innocence has the possibilities to offer you to exploit delightful? That’s not a bad idea to be childish. Sometimes I hope I can return to my childhood time. ” A ray of grievance crawled along SoEun’s face. Yet, she immediately swept away the reminiscence and back to the reality. SoEun took out a diary book and a pen from her bag and jotted down something over the page.

 

The sound of pen scribbled the paper flew into Kris’ ear, he shifted a peek to SoEun’s side and her action roused his curiosity, asked “What are you mark down?”

 

SoEun closed up the diary book, shook her head and shrugged her shoulders and mindlessly replied “Nothing!” The response from SoEun didn’t lessen Kris’ inquisitiveness. Nothing? Kim So Eun, you take me as a fool, don’t you? 

 

With the disheartened feeling, SoEun read the paper sheet once again to find another suggestion for their Valentines’ date and acted like nothing has happened. “How about we go to watch a movie?” Another suggestion came out again from SoEun’s mouth, but this time Kris had no react to it. Therefore, SoEun assumedly said to Kris “So it is decided.” SoEun’s voice faded, Kris made a quick left turn suddenly where SoEun shoved her body to the right side hardly.

 

Minutes passed, Kris and SoEun arrived to a restaurant and used up about two hours to finish their lunch. Afterward, Kris brought SoEun and himself to the cinema. Inside the cinema, SoEun and Kris stood in front of the ticket office deciding for which movie they should watch.

 

SoEun indecently pointed to the poster upward, and asked “How about we watch that one?” However, the only thing SoEun got from Kris was a head shake, SoEun pouted and gave out another suggestion to Kris, said “How about that one?” One more rejection threw out from Kris.

 

“Aish, how long do you guys need to take? Many people are waiting in line.” A couple waited behind Kris and SoEun could not resist their old-womanish and burst out a complaint, and the following people dragged in and started to babble.

 

Within the uproar, an awkwardness atmosphere surrounded SoEun and Kris which led SoEun said embarrassedly to Kris “How about that comedy? I want to watch that for a while ago.” This time Kris doesn’t against SoEun’s recommendation.

 

Since Kris made no reaction toward it, SoEun instantly turned to the ticket seller and said with an apologetic smile. “Can we get two seats for the comedy?” The ticket seller nodded as SoEun said so and printed out two tickets for Kris and SoEun.

 

“Thanks you!” SoEun received the tickets from seller and paid him the money. Then, SoEun pulled Kris’ elbow and left the ticket office as fast as possible. The movie won’t begin in thirty minutes, so SoEun decided to buy some snacks to eat during the movie time.

 

“Miss, two popcorns and two cups of coke, please.” SoEun excitedly told the young seller the snacks she wanted for, the seller passed over the food as SoEun requested. SoEun reached out both of her arms and hugged the popcorns and cokes that the seller handed to her. SoEun stuffed her cheek with the popcorn while saying thanks to the seller. All of sudden, something caught SoEun’s eyes and watered for it, and said “Ohh, can I have two bags of roasted squid?”   

 

Seeing the greediness side of food from SoEun, Kris helplessly asked SoEun with a frowned look, said “Didn’t we just have lunch before coming here? Can your stomach carry that large amount of food?”

 

SoEun took the roasted squid from the seller before answering the question asked by Kris, said “Snacks are an indispensable part of movie.” Then a broad smile crossed SoEun’s face, and then they moved their feet away from the snack store to their theatre area. The comedy is played at the theatre 13.

 

On their way to the theatre, SoEun’s hands were full of the snacks and uneasily walked down the aisle where was kind of steep. SoEun looked over her shoulder and saw Kris who walked with both of his free hands which she asked “Kris si, here is one of your drink, do you mind to hold it by yourself?” SoEun’s eyes stared at the coke she held in her arms.

 

“No way! This is not my style.” Kris brutally rejected SoEun with his coldness tone, and Kris stopped his feet while standing next to SoEun, said “Plus, you were the one who decided to buy these stuffs, I didn’t ask for it.”

 

What?! Are you serious, Kris Wu? SoEun cursed Kris inside her mind due to his attitude as her lip moved excruciatingly. A second later, SoEun calmed down herself and said “But to be a considerate boyfriend, is that your responsibility to help out your girlfriend? However, I’m fine if you don’t want to do it, then I just quit” 

 

Before SoEun’s sentence ended, the coke and popcorns in SoEun’s arms snapped away from Kris and a word involuntarily slipped out from his mouth “Damn it!” This was the only thing that Kris was incapable to fight back with SoEun. In order to cold down his anger, Kris ferociously drank the coke in his palm and headed to theatre madly. 

 

Seeing Kris’ action, SoEun instantly caught up to Kris’ step and naughtily whispered to Kris, said “Aren’t you just said coke is not your style?” SoEun’s word made Kris rise one of his hand and grabbed his palm into a fist as the purpose to wield to SoEun, yet SoEun dodged his attack by rushing into the theatre hastily.

 

When the time SoEun getting inside the theatre, SoEun found her seat with the help from the staff, and Kris was the one who followed behind SoEun. As they placed their on the seat, the movie started few minutes after.

 

“HAHAHAHA!!!” Inside the dark theatre, happily laughter resonated around the whole room. As a qualified comedy, every moments was possible to amuse you with rejoice.

 

SoEun was guffawing hardly with both of her elbows hugged around her stomach. On the other hand, Kris was sat on the comfy chair inside the theatre showed no expression toward the movie. As the movie playing temporarily, the of the story plot has finally which aroused the happy atmosphere even more than before.

 

During this time, Kris who used to be on his seat with his back sat straight up, abruptly bent down his body and buried his face between his legs. Kris’ sudden action thoroughly distracted SoEun who was actually fascinated to the comedy and shifted her attention to Kris.

 

SoEun furrowed her eyebrows with questions while seeing Kris’ movement. What happen to him? His entire body was trembling. Thus, SoEun stretched out her right hand to shove Kris’ shoulder a bit, and asked Kris in concern with a whisper “Kris si, are you okay? Aren’t you feel discomfort?”

 

However, Kris didn’t make any response to SoEun’s questions. As the quiver kept on traveling around Kris’s body, the worriedness increasingly twirled around SoEun’s mind; thus she gathered up all her strength and pulled Kris’s elbow to face directly to her.

 

Within a second, the following moment had caused SoEun totally in astonishment because Kris actually did make some response toward the film, which he was laughing hard to the plot. “OMG! HAHAHA~~~” Kris seemed to unable to stop his laughter with his index finger pointed to the projection screen.

 

SoEun who sat next to Kris stick her eyes on him in shock and in the next moment she felt speechless to Kris’ action with her head lightly shook side to side and led out a small sigh. Obviously he wanted to laugh, but refrained himself to hold back. Seconds passed, SoEun moved her attention back to the movie.

 

The movie ended in two hours and 40 minutes. The crowd gradually exit the theatre and this time SoEun was the one who walked behind Kris and headed back to the cinema. On their way, SoEun caught up to Kris’s step by running to his side.

 

“It is not a shame to admit yourself, Kris si. Keep a straight face is not good for your body.” SoEun moved her step close to Kris’s side and said to Kris casually with her eyes looked forward. “You surprised me that you like comedy too.”

 

“MO? When did I say I like comedy?” Kris persistently to deny SoEun’s statement by clearing his throat. “That’s is surely not my sty” Kris’s word had no chance to finish his sentence while getting cut off by SoEun.

 

“Not your style right? Kris si, come on. Don’t you ever feel tired to have this poker face?” SoEun helped Kris to finish his words with her face showed helpless expression and poked Kris’s face while finishing her question.

 

SoEun’s teasing caused Kris feel a sort of embarrass with her touch, he pulled SoEun’s finger away madly and said “YA! Jugeullae? (You wanna die?)” Kris’ action made SoEun burst out laughing. 

 

Few second later, SoEun’s expression changed to a serious attitude by turning her whole body to stand in front of Kris and said it wholeheartedly which caused Kris stunned in surprise. “It is alright to show your true side in front of me.” SoEun’s eyes met Kris’s.

 

Kris blinked his eyes on SoEun as she continued her sentence, said “Because I really want to get know the real you.” A smile tilted up on SoEun’s lip. She then turned back to the pathway and walked away. Kris who left few steps behind SoEun was deep in thought as pondering SoEun’s words.

 

Later, Kris’s lip managed to curve a happy smile without acknowledgement for his action. Kris fastened his step in order to catch up SoEun's step. Kris exit the theater and found himself stood in the cinema with his eyes searching for SoEun’s figure.

 

Soon after, a familiar back reflected into Kris’s eyes and hurriedly his steps to SoEun’s direction. When Kris was getting closer to SoEun, Kris found out that SoEun was writing down something on the same notebook she used this afternoon on the counter.

 

Kris curiously poked his head out to take a peek on what does SoEun recorded down and asked “What are you doing?” As Kris’s sound came into SoEun’s ears, she immediately closed up her diary book, and threw out the same answer she gave to Kris this afternoon. “Nothing!”

 

“I don’t think so. Are you writing something bad of me? Let me see.” Kris was unable to accept the answer from SoEun and requested to check SoEun’s notebook; yet he got rejected.

 

“Andwae!” SoEun defended the diary book by covering the book into her embrace with both of her arms tightly held the book. As SoEun protection, Kris hastily moved his feet to SoEun’s side to grab the notebook, but SoEun avoided Kris’s raid by turning her body away and put more strength on her clutch.

 

As the man of indomitable, Kris didn’t decide to throw in the towel and adhere to snatch the book away from SoEun. Still, SoEun had no aspiration to give in as she continuously prevented Kris’s attack by using her back to block Kris away from her and moving around.

 

Kris unyielding to move along with SoEun’s pace without watching his step which caused him lost his balance and started to collapse. For sake of getting back his balance, Kris reached out to hold SoEun’s waist in arms instinctively as support since both of SoEun’s arms already wrapped into an embrace which formed a scenario of Kris back hugging SoEun, whosever passed by would think how lovely and romantic they are.

 

However, the sudden embrace from Kris shocked SoEun in surprise with her body quivered inside Kris’s arms. Kris was also startled by this unexpected situation. He didn’t mean to do this to SoEun. Both of them froze into spots. Kris had no intention to release his arms from the hug because the warmth sent from SoEun’s body caused Kris unwilling to let go. This was the first time he ever hugging someone.

 

Sensing Kris’ arms still on her waist, SoEun was not dared to struggle off Kris’s arms rashly. Thus they stayed in the position as the first place until a ray of light flashed across as a reminded that they were still in public. Kris finally removed his arms away from SoEun’s waist and an embarrassed atmosphere surrounded them.

 

Attempting to break the silence between them, SoEun chose to speak up and said “Emmm…I think someone is taking picture here, we would block them if we stay here.”

 

“Err…Yeah. Let…let’s go then.” Kris became stammer expectedly while speaking to SoEun. The awkward atmosphere kept on revolving around them. SoEun cleared as she packed up her stuff back into her bag, then they headed to the parking lot shoulder-to-shoulder without saying anything which just walked like strangers with their eyes peered at opposite direction.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys sorry for late  late late update!!! I know that I've been stop update the story for about like half a year, I'm really feeling apology about this. I'm facing a hard time with the plot line, and thanks god that I finally come out with something. and Here is the new chapter you guys have been waiting for. and I saw that I have new reader, even though it just one person, but still thanks for all support from you guys. I need to go now, so I won't reply the comments below. So hope you guys enjoy it and see you guys!!!