Chapter 1

But You Never Did

Chapter One

 

HyeJin's P.O.V

I squealed in joy, because I'm going on a date with my hubby today. I've always been excited to go on a date with my hubby, but I was extra happy because I got my driver's license few weeks ago, and he said that he'll let me drive his new car he bought a week ago. I looked in my mirror one last time before I headed outside my house. My mom bid me a goodbye, and I lazily waved my hands at her. I hopped on the elevator after waiting 5824940 hours for the elevator to reach my floor. I looked in the elevator mirror that was pasted on the side, and stared at my reflection. I smiled big in front of the mirror to make sure I didn't have red pepper powder stuck between my teeth or something, because that would be REALLY embarrassing.

When I walked out of my apartment building, I saw him waiting for me outside his car. He leaned his body on the car and playfully swung his car keys with his index finger. He saw me and quickly shouted out my name with a warm smile. I ran to him and gave him a big bear hug.

"I missed you," I whispered as I buried my face on his chest. 

"I missed you more," he replied back as he pecked me on my head. We broke our hug, and I took his car keys and showed him a devilish smile. He laughed and hopped on the shotgun.

Before I could fasten my seatbelt, my hubby did it for me. He honked the car couple of times and yelled "HWAITING!" to me. I laughed and the engine. The engine roared and I started feeling butterflies in my stomach. I backed out of the parking lot and drove out of my neighborhood. I glanced over at my hubby and we locked eyes. I could feel my face burning, and I quickly slapped him.

"Stop," I whined, "I'm going to mess up because I'm going to get distracted by your gorgeous face." He laughed and turned his glance towards the window next to him. I faced forward and kept my concentration 100% on the rode. It was pretty darn scary, since I was driving in a highway. He seemed to be nervous too, since he was holding onto his seatbelt with both his hands. As I gingerly drove, I prayed to God to help me drive safely to our typical dating spot, Namsun Park. 

God listened to my prayer, and both of us arrived to the park safely. I think obeying my parents for the last couple of days helped. We hopped out of the car and ran to the playground. There were bunch of kids that were like four times younger than us, but we didn't care. We played tag in the playground, and made a contest on who ever went the highest on the swing, gets one wish. I'm pretty competitive, so I tried my best to beat my hubby. However, he beat me and I had to grant him one wish.

"My wish," he whispered as he thought for a moment. "My wish is to be with you forever."

I could feel my face getting REALLY red. I covered my cheeks with my hands and chuckled. "Me too," I whispered.

 

It turned dark, and it was time for us to head back home. I turned the engine on and drove out of the parking lot. 

"HyeJin ah! You have to turn on the headlight!" he said as he reached to turn on the headlight. I kept driving in the dark, because I knew if I went straight, the highway would show up. 

But then... A huge crash echoed, and the car stopped. I froze on my seat, and slowly turned my head towards my hubby. Even if I could barely see his face, I knew he was shocked.

"I-I'm so sorry," I whispered to him. He remained silent and walked out of the car. I followed him and walked up behind him. Oh.my.gosh, he's going to kill me. He's going to get really mad at me and not talk to me forever. How much will it cost to fix this? OH MY GOSH. HE'S GOING TO DUMP ME. THAT HAPPENED TO ONE OF MY FRIEND IN THE STATES. I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN TO ME.

"HyeJin ah," my hubby said as he sighed.

"Y-yeah," I stuttered. Is he going to break up with me now?

"It's okay," he firmly said as he turned around and showed me a big smile.

"Wait, what?" 

"It's okay," he repeated as he showed me a warm smile this time. "It was a mistake, I know it. I can always get it fixed," he said as he walked up to the front of the car to see what actually happened to the car. I froze and showed him a confused look. Even I, someone who isn't a big fan of cars, will get pissed if someone dented my car. 

"Let me call one of my friends to pick me up," he said as he took his phone out.

"I'll call my brother to inform him," I said as I took my phone out as well.

I'm blessed to have such an understanding boyfriend, aren't I?

 

 

dividers.jpg

 

"I cannot believe you dented his car!" my brother nagged as he followed me into my room.

"I can't believe it either," I said soullessly as I sat down on the edge of my bed.

"I would've killed you, even if you're my sister," he said as he sat down next to me. 

"I thought he'll kill me... but he didn't," I said as I turned towards my brother. 

My annoying brother that always had things to say became quiet for the first time. There was peace and quietness in my room. I relaxed on my bed and closed my eyes. My hubby... my hubby...

"Noona, I think he's too good for you," my brother suddenly said to me. I shot opened my eyes and glared at him. He took this opportunity to run out my room.

"KIM JONGIN!!! YOU ANNOYING FREAK!!!" I yelled on the top of my lungs. I shut my bedroom door by throwing a pillow. 

That kid has no right to tell me that my hubby is too good for me. Only I can think that.

 

 

dividers.jpg

 

 

"Are you still going out with him?" my friend Ashley asked me over video chat.

"Him..? You mean-"

"NOONA!! WHERE'S THE LEFT OVER CAKE FROM YESTERDAY?" Jongin yelled as he rapidly opened the refrigerator.

"Dad ate it."

"UGH! I CALLED DIBS ON IT!!!" Jongin groaned as he slammed the refrigerator shut. The plates on top of the refrigerator crashed on the ground due to the force Jongin put on to the refrigerator.

"KIM. JONG. IN!!!!!!!!" my mom yelled as she stomped her way to Jongin. I smirked and wished him to rest heavenly in peace.

"Anyways, yeah. I'm still with him! Why wouldn't I be with him? He's so sweet," I said as I giggled in delight.

"What if he's cheating on you?" Ashley asked as she looked at her nail.

"He can't be cheating on me!" HE JUST CAN'T! WE'RE GIRLFRIENDS AND BOYFRIENDS! 

"He looks like a player to me you know," Ashley mumbled as she blew on her nails.

"I have to go," I quickly said before I ended the video chat with Ashley. Why is Ashley being so like negative towards my boyfriend? He's such a sweetheart! He can never cheat on me... he can't...