Chapter 3

But You Never Did

Chapter Three 

 

As the four of us walked down the hallways, I saw many girls glancing over at the three boys around me. It kind of disturbed me that most of the girls were focusing on my boyfriend. Even if he had his arms around my shoulders, I still didn't feel comfortable. It felt like one of the girls drooling over my boyfriend, was going to put a love spell on him an take him away. I wrapped my hand around his waist to keep the distance around us shorter. He looked down at me and chuckled. I'm guessing he figured out how I felt because he leaned down to my face and gave me a peck on my cheek. I felt my face warm up and saw girls making unpleasant faces at me. But that didn't bother me because of what he did.

"Oppa!" a girl yelled as she ran towards my boyfriend. I kept my eyes real close to her just in case she tried to do anything flirty like. As she ran closer to us, I realized that it was JiYeon, the "prettiest" girl in the campus. I wanted to snort at her for calling my boyfriend oppa when she's a year older than him.

“Hi there!  Do you keep forgetting that you’re older than me?" my boyfriend joked as he covered his beautiful smile with his hand. I gave Baekhyun a look but he didn't catch my look. Jiyeon scanned the Minseok, Jongdae, and I for a second, and turned his attention back to my boyfriend. I felt steams coming out of my ears because she didn't even bother to say hi to us.

"Oh, are you guys going to the cafeteria to eat?" Jiyeon sunbae asked as she started to twirl her hair with her index finger.

"Yeah we were," I said in a snappy voice. I tried my best to be nice to her, but for some reason, I can't be nice to her. Hey, there are people in your life that you JUST can't like! You just get this intuition that the person isn't the best person to be around.

"Oh, mind if I join you guys?" Jiyeon sunbae asked as she cracked a smile. I wanted to give her a straight no, but my boyfriend let Jiyeon sunbaenim tag along with us. I wanted to pull my hair out and slap my boyfriend. I love my boyfriend and he means the world to me, but seriously? What he did was something worth being slapped for. I tagged along with Minseok and Jongdae while Jiyeon sunbae and my boyfriend was busy talking about something I'm totally not interested in. 

The lunch was awful because all Jiyeon sunbae do was flirt like there was no tomorrow. When I had enough of her trying to take my boyfriend away from me, I excused myself from the table. 

"What's wrong?" my hubby asked as he grabbed onto my wrist. I couldn't believe he JUST realized how I felt. 

"I don't know, maybe EVERYTHING?" I yelled as I snapped my wrist away from his hand. I ran out the cafeteria and went into the nearest bathroom. I slammed the door shut and sat on the toilet. I felt hot tears burning down my cheeks. I quickly wiped them away, but when I wiped tears away from my cheeks, more tears replaced the tears I wiped away. I took a deep breath and exhaled. 

"HyeJin ah! I know you're in there! Come out, I want to talk to you," Jongdae said outside the girl's bathroom.

"Don't bother me," I yelled as I wiped more tears away from my cheek.

"I'm going in if you're not coming out," Jongdae yelled back.

I remained silent for a moment and just sniffled. I heard a knock on my stall door. This possibly can't be Jongdae... right? I opened the door and saw Jongdae standing in front of me. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the bathroom. He dragged me into the janitor's closet and locked the door behind him. He turned an empty classroom trashcan upside down and told me to sit on it. I sat on it as he told me to and sat there in silence.

"What are you going to do? Jiyeon sunbaenim is obviously trying to take him away from you. Are you just going to watch your boyfriend slip between your fingers just because of that fox?" Jongdae calmly asked me as he leaned on the wall behind him. 

"N-"

"What you were doing was letting him slip between your fingers. No matter how strong your relationship is with him, if you just keep watching, he's going to take advantage of it and your relationship will end. Do you really want that after what you went through in high school?" 

"No," I mumbled.

"Good, I want you to give him a payback. Make him jealous," Jongdae said with an evil face. 

"H-how?" I honestly didn't know how to make boys jealous.

"You have Minseok and me, what do you have to fear?"

 

 

---

 

"Are you sure this is okay?" I asked Jongdae on the phone as I looked down at my extra short pencil skirt and my white low v-neck shirt. I was going on a date with my boyfriend and I invited Jongdae to tag along with us. Jongdae said that he'll bring his friend Chanyeol with him. Jongdae said that Chanyeol is going to pretend to be in love with my "pretty face" and I have to kind of play along to make my boyfriend jealous. I nervously looked down at my outfit in a full length mirror before grabbing my purse to leave.

"Remember to act natural, okay?" 

"Okay, thanks for helping," I said as I pressed the G button in the elevator. I ended the call and examined myself on the elevator mirror. My shirt was a bit too low so it showed my cleavage. My pencil skirt was so short; if I pulled it up any higher, people could see my . I pulled my pencil skirt down a bit before walking out. My heels made a click sound as I walked out my apartment building. I saw my boyfriend waiting by the playground. Before I could call him, he turned his head and made eye contact with me. He opened his mouth when he saw my low shirt and my short skirt. He ran to me and without a greeting, he pushed me back into my apartment building.

"Go change, who are you trying to impress other than me? Why are you so showy today?" he asked as he tried pushing me into the elevator. 

"STOP!" I yelled, "I'm trying to dress y today," I said as I smoothed my skirt. 

"There you guys are," Jongdae said as he walked towards the two of us. Besides him was the guy Jongdae was talking about. He was tall, had elf like ears, and he had good looks.

"Hi, my name is Chanyeol. I actually attend your college," Chanyeol said as he offered his hand for a shake. I shook his hand and gave him a flirty smile.

"My name is HyeJin."

"And my name is-" my boyfriend said as he pushed me away.

"HEY!" I yelled as my boyfriend sad his name.

"I'm sorry, what?" Chanyeol asked as he leaned in to hear my boyfriend better.

"That doesn't matter, you can learn it as we start our playdate," Jongdae said. 

"Where are we going anyways?" I asked Jongdae as I stretched.

"We're going to Everland."