Handfuls

Bound

 

 

 

 

Chapter 16: Handfuls

 

 

Naeun had a half day on Friday, she felt relieved and yet she dreaded the extra work she would have to do tomorrow. Despite of her never ending commitment, she was happy she could do something she loved so much. Hayoung was already at the atelier when she got there in the morning.

“Morning Hayoung.”

“Morning unnie! There's a package for you on your desk.”

“What package? From who?” Naeun asked, dropping her bag onto her table.

“Who else but your Romeo?”

 

“I don't recall knowing someone by that particular name.”

“Don't be dense unnie.” Hayoung shook her head.

The box was a pretty one, with gold accents and and tied prettily with a black ribbon. When she unravelled the bow, the words “Pierre Herme” was embossed on it.

 

Macaroons.

 

He had bought her some of the most exquisite not to mention expensive macaroons in Paris.

 

“He sure had good taste in food.” Hayoung noted whilst picking up a dainty lychee, rose and raspberry macaroon and popping it into , before squealing in delight.

Naeun recalled that afternoon with Lady. He probably remembered the box of macaroons on top of her worn copy of Anna Karenina.

 

He remembered.

 

And that sent a thrill down her spine.

“There's a note.” Hayoung pointed out, taking the thick cream card not bigger than the size of a bank note. Naeun quickly snatched the card from her assistant, weary of it's contents.

But it only contained todays date and an address scrawled in Myungsoo's handwriting and then the words:

 

Yes, I'm totally bribing you now. Come to my place after work.
-K.M

 

Kim Myungsoo.
This guy was really vague with words.

 

Naeun shrugged it off and ate a macaroon, the flavours of pistachio ganache and raspberry jelly exploded in .

And Naeun agreed with Hayoung; he certainly had an amazing palate.

“I wish I had a rich boyfriend.” Hayoung sighed dreamily whilst fantasising.

“He's not my boyfriend! And get back to work!” Naeun shouted orders without a sliver of patience.

 


 

A drained Myungsoo opened his door and was surprised to find Naeun there.

“You're early.”

 

“You know… this relationship really won't work out if you keep bribing me with food.” She said coyly.

“Are we in a relationship?” He smirked but it turned into a gasp when he heard something very very valuable crash in his house.

 

“Lady! That's an antique!” He shouted as he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

“Let yourself in.” Myungsoo said as he disappeared and hurriedly grabbed a broom.

 

Probably to clean up the mess.

Or maybe to strangle Lady.

 

Naeun closed the door behind her and found Lady huddled in the corner under Myungsoo's drapes. She scooped her up in her arms and patted her soft fur.

“You've been naughty haven't you?”

“Woof!” Naeun smiled and Myungsoo grunted somewhere in the kitchen.

“She broke my Ming vase and you don't even want to know what she did on my Persian carpet!”

“I can guess.You're just terrible at taking care of dogs. What were you trying to do anyway?” Naeun chuckled.

 

“I need to give her a bath before I send her back to my hyung. I couldn't even catch her because she kept running around and knocking things over.”

“Poor baby.” She cooed at it whilst Myungsoo just sighed in exasperation.

“Can you please, please help me?” He asked in a tiny voice.

“Sure. Come on girl. Let's get you in the bathtub.” She quickly deposited Lady into the bathtub and rolled up the sleeves.

“Want me to help?”

“Are you offering because you feel bad or are you sincerely asking?”

Lady whimpered in the bathtub, scratching the sides in desperation.

 

“A bit of both.” He shrugged.

“Then pass me the dog shampoo.”

“Lady, sit.” Naeun commanded and she only ended up even more panicky in the warm water.

 

It took roughly about half an hour to wash, scrub and thoroughly rinse Lady in the bathtub. The dog made Naeun and Myungsoo even more impatient by jumping around the tub, splashing both. Myungsoo ended up soaked after having to rinse Lady with the shower head, Naeun had given up by that point and was just watching the two with an amused smile on her lips.

However Naeun ended up with the job of blow drying the pup when Myungsoo went to change clothes. Lady was quite enjoying the warm breeze in comparison to the bath and stood still.

Naeun just had to glance at the wrong time because when she looked around, she accidently saw a very shirtless Myungsoo.

 

And even worse, he saw her looking.

 

His eyebrows rose presumptuously and she looked away, blushing pink as she concentrated back on drying Lady.

“See anything you like?” He asked flirtatiously, a devilish smirk playing on his lips as he leaned against the door frame of the bathroom door.

Thank god, with a shirt on.

 

Naeun opened to retort sharply that she did not find him attractive at all.

 

Yeah right.

 

When Lady barked and shook the last of the water off. Unfortunately the droplets all landed on Naeun and she was far from pleased about having dog spit on her.

“Lady!”

 


 

 

Naeun waited patiently in front of his apartment building whilst feeding Lady small treats that he'd given her to make sure the pooch doesn't run away.

When a shiny red convertible parked next to the road Naeun had to blink her eyes to make sure she wasn't dreaming. Myungsoo came out and grabbed Lady's luggage by her feet and quickly stored it all in the trunk.

“You're free today right?” He asked her.

“Fridays are my half days. So yes, I'm free.”

“Great. Make sure you hold Lady in the car." He smiled brightly, opening the passenger seat for her.

 

“You drive a freaking Ferrari?!” Naeun gasped when she slid into the car's sumptuous leather seats, still awed.

Myungsoo gave her an are-you-crazy look and she came back to her senses.

 

“Right. Rich guy. Slipped my mind for a second.” She composed herself.

“She's a beauty isn't she?” Myungsoo smiled proudly and Lady barked in agreement. Naeun merely nodded silently and scanned the car's impressive dashboard.

 

“Where are you taking me anyway?” She asked, suddenly curious about the prospect of meeting Lady's owner.

He put on a pair of shades before revving up the engine to life.

 

“Versailles.”

 

 

 

 

 

" T'es la plus belle saison de ma vie"

You are the most beautiful season of my life

-Unknown

 

////////////////////////////

 

 

A/n:

Im surprised everyone's so interested in Lady's owner... its someone totally unexpected. lol guess who?

Please comment guys! I really do enjoy reading comments! they motivate me a lot!