Stolen

Bound


 

 

Chapter 12: Stolen

 

 

“Myungsoo, I'd like to speak with you.” His photography teacher called for him as the class dispersed. A few friends patted his back and whispered “good luck” to him and he gulped nervously.

Madame Astride had a tendency to be a bit… weird to say the least. But she was strict despite being known as one of the schools more eccentric teachers. She wore glasses on the edge of her nose and she had long ethnic styled necklace hanging from her neck and wore a long willowy skirt of dark burgundy.

 

“Myungsoo, can you walk me to the courtyard?” She asked.

“Of course.”

Myungsoo helped her carry her files and books and they walked in comfortable silence.

 

“Myungsoo I must say I'm surprised by your showcase photographs.”

“Is that a good thing?”He asked cautiously.

She laughed and the creases under her eyes appeared, her beads jingle happily.

 

“You know I had really bad impressions of you at the start.”

“I had bad impressions of you too.” He blurted out accidently.

“They all do!” Madame Astride laughed in a good natured way.

“I didn't mean that-” Myungsoo explained.

 

“Nonsense.” She waved her hand in dismissal. “I know you can't pursue photography because of your… corporate background.”

“Even the third son has a duty to uphold.” He smiled weakly and his teacher patted his shoulder.

“Despite everything. I just want you to know, you have a knack for taking pictures. It's a shame your talent is wasted.”

“Thank you.” Myungsoo stood stunned.

“You put in so much effort. It seems to be ingrained in the very fibre of your being. That, mon cher, is real passion.” She said, taking her books and leaving Myungsoo slightly disoriented in the middle of the school courtyard.

 


 

Naeun had finally finished running errands one Saturday afternoon. She was dead tired after a whole day of teaching and then she also went to do some grocery shopping at the fresh produce marché behind the Bastille Opera.

“Eunji! Help me! These bags are heavy!” Naeun whined loudly as she hauled the grocery bags onto the kitchen worktops. She started to arrange the vegetables and meat and cheese in the refrigerator meticulously.

“Yah Jung Eunji, since when did I become your maid?!” Naeun shouted angrily from the kitchen.

She wiped her forehead with the back of her hand and panted as she plopped onto the sofa before gulping the entire contents of a water bottle. Feeling slightly more refreshed and energised she begin to think of what to cook for tonight's dinner. She had just got some amazing scallops and oysters from Normandie.

 

“Ta dah!” Eunji popped out of her room in a bathrobe with her hair and makeup done.

“Well isn't it the Dauphine of France! What would you like for dinner tonight your highness?” Naeun retorted sarcastically.

Eunji's smiled only got wider, making Naeun uneasy.

 

“You won't have to cook dinner tonight.” Eunji proclaimed excitedly whilst twirling in her bathrobe.

“Are you drunk?” Naeun sputtered.

“Nope. We'll be going to Myungsoo's photograph showcase tonight.”

“You could've told me this… I dunno… yesterday?!”

“You would've made some excuse to not go. But now you have to go.”

“Eunji I'm tired!” Naeun whined.

“You're going and that's final!”

“I don't even have anything to wear!” She shouted at Eunji, exasperated by her hyperactivity.

“Yes you do!” Eunji dragged her to her bedroom.

 

When Naeun's eyes laid on the dress, her eyes popped out of their sockets.

“Over my dead body will you make me wear that!” Naeun shouted, her soul already floating away from the prospect of wearing cocktail attire.

 

Eunji grinned maniacally.

 

“That is not a problem.”

 


 

“Next time… at least choose more comfortable shoes.” Naeun grumbled as she tried her best to walk in the heels that Eunji had forced her to wear up the stairs.

She didn't even know how Eunji had managed to put the dress on her without ripping it.

“I feel so uncomfortable!” Naeun whined at an immaculately dressed Eunji.

“Well… tough luck. Besides, it's a formal event Naeun.”

“I don't even want to be here!”

“Shut up. Your bad attitude is ruining my magnifique work.” Eunji tutted.

 

In all honesty, Naeun thought the dress was beautiful. She just had no desire to wear it.

 

It was cream shift dress that probably cost more than her wage and she didn't dare look at the label yet because she might just pass out. Eunji spared no expense on such things, which Naeun knew; the elder girl just couldn't help herself when it came to pampering her.

Sometimes she forgot how well-off Eunji really was because of happy go lucky attitude.

 

When she entered the showroom she was swept away by the number of people in the room. It looked like the majority of the upper crust of Paris were in attendance which made her more self conscious and alert. 

“Thank you for coming to our humble showcase.” A woman said onstage, she had a slight elegance about her and Naeun could tell she was someone who had organised a lot of the details of the showcase.

Humble? Naeun thought, but didn't dare speak her mind. She turned instead to watch the waiters walk around, serving hors d'ouevres and flutes of sparkling champagne.

“My students have worked hard and contributed a lot to make this event a success. Please, enjoy the food and wine, and the art of course.”

 

Eunji wore a pale blue lace peplum dress and she was getting more than an eyeful from the men in the room. But they were probably warded off when Hoya appeared and wrapped his hands around her waist possessively and shooting glares to every man that dared to glance at her direction.

“Well hello to you too Lee Howon.” Naeun scoffed whilst rolling her eyes.

 

“Naeun, have you seen Myungsoo's picture?” He asked, not even bothering to greet her.

 

“No I haven't.”

 

“You'll be utterly gobsmacked.” He grinned whilst suddenly dragging her and Eunji towards the other side of the adjoining room.

“Why?”

“Well… the guy obviously likes you.” Hoya.

“He does not like me.” Naeun turned around and faced Hoya, a bit aggressive and stern with her reply.

 

“Are you kidding me? He's infatuated!” He insisted.

“No he's not… don't be ridiculous.” Naeun frowned.

 

“Oh my god Naeun ah look.” Eunji squealed when she saw something whilst smilling excitedly. Her friend spun her around and she widened her eyes; losing her breath as she took it all in.

 

“Oh.” Naeun softly gasped when she saw what the fuss was about.

 

It was a picture of her.

 

It hung in the middle of a wall dominated by a few other photographs she recognised that were very much Myungsoo's workmanship.

She didn't know when he stole a snap of her painting, or even why.

 

But she was truly stunned by how angelic Myungsoo had been able to portray her in one photo. The natural lighting had been so perfect that it created a dramatic chiaroscuro effect. It had been modified to be a monochrome photo but despite its lack of colour it seemed to be garnering a lot of attention.

 

“I think that's enough proof of his undying devotion.” Eunji muttered behind her. But Naeun couldn't hear anything anymore.

 

She was already on the edge of a mental breakdown.

 

Naeun now had to come to terms with the possibility of another human being actually liking her.

 

 

 

“To my mind, a picture should be something pleasant, cheerful, and pretty, yes pretty! There are too many unpleasant things in life as it is without creating still more of them.”
― Pierre-Auguste Renoir

 

//////////////////////////////

 

A/n:

I got dragged to my moms office so I had nothing better to do but write. i hope you guys like it! 

p.s, thanks to everyone that comment, upvoted and subscribed to this story! It actually means a lot to get such encouraging words and feedback from my dear readers! Love u guys !

    thank you soo much and please show Bound more love ! ^_^