Chapter 5

My Life in 180 Degrees!

“Kris hyung, you look very uneasy. It’s not like you’re the one performing, you’re more nervous than Kyungsoo.” Sehun remarked as he saw Kris and Shinhye approached them to visit Junhee and Kyungsoo before they perform.

“Oppa, are you okay?” Junhee asked. Kris did not answer as he seems so distracted Junhee then asked Shinhye. “Unni, what is wrong with Kris oppa?”

“He was very tensed when we arrived here. I really do not know why.”  Shinhye went to Junhee and whispered.

“Hyung, you’re making me more nervous, you look very uneasy.” Kyungsoo remarked as he approached Kris to greet him.

“I’m sorry. Those bastards can’t take their eyes off Shinhye. It’s like they want to eat her.  If only we had more time I would really force her to change her clothes.” He was really frustrated as he relates this to Kyngsoo.

“Why? Shinhye noona looks great and she’s really hot.” Kyungsoo said. After realizing what he said his eyes became wider as he covered his mouth. Kyungsoo knows that Kris would rage with what he said.  One time when one of the guys from the other school asked Kris about Shinhye it did not end well and Kyungsoo was very much aware of that.

“Kris is Shinhye noona going to visit here anytime soon?” a guy from their neighbourhood asked when Kris and his friends were heading home.

“Why?”

“I don’t get to see her often. I think she’s really hot and I was planning to…” Kris suddenly approached the guy and stared at him seriously. The guy hesitantly tried to finish what he was about say but Kris was really scary.

“What did you just say about my sister?” Kris asked and he grabbed the guys arm and tightens his grip on the guy’s arm. “… and what were you planning to do with her?” Kris tightens again his grip almost squeezing the life out of the poor guy. The guy was so scared to talk and dared not even to scream even though with so much pain his in.

“Hyung I think he got the message.” Kyungsoo tried to pull Kris from the poor guy. Sehun and the other guys tried to help to supress the tension. They successfully got Kris to let go of his grip to the poor guy. Kyungsoo then apologized to the guy. “I am sorry, but you should have known that Kris is not easy to deal with when it comes to his sister.”

When Kyungsoo and Sehun just transferred Kris helped them adjust. Kris was a very cool guy but sincerely helps others who are in need chicly. The two soon noticed that no matter how nice he is when it comes to his sister he becomes a different person. Shinhye was also popular in their school and neighbourhood. She had a lot of admirers. Though many would not dare to approach her because of Kris they admire her from afar. Everyone knows how Kris is very protective of Shinhye. It was not long enough that Kyungsoo and Sehun found out through the students about how is so protective of her and the reason behind it. Though sometimes they admit that he’s being overly protective of his sister, they admire him a lot more.

Kris eyed Kyungsoo and pointed out. “That’s the point. She’s attracting too much attention.”

“Hyung, that’s not what I meant. She really looks gorgeous. No doubt that she attracts attention from others.”

“You do not know how much how I want to pull their eyes out.”  He was really frustrated that he even gestures pulling somone’s eyes out.

“Hyung, compared to Shinhye noona, you don’t know how much attention you get from girls.” Sehun remarked as he approached. “Honestly I’m a little bit jealous.” He jokingly added. Kris was fully aware of it and does not really care. He just brushes it off. Girls even fall for him even more seeing how protective he is of Shinhye.

“As if the girls ignore you.”  Kyungsoo exclaimed.

This conversation with friends helped Kyungsoo calm his nerves. Actually all of them are quite known in the campus not only because of their looks but more of their potentials. Kai and Sehun are known for doing well in their dance class; Kyungsoo and Juniel for their vocals. Shinhye, is known for being multitalented and for her great personality and Kris at the moment is known for being cool and his overprotective of Shinhye. Adding Woobin though he does not spend much time with them was still part of Shinhye’s circle of friends. He is known for being a smart guy and a rich kid.

“Unni, thank you for coming.” Junhee said to Shinhye.

“Why would I miss your first participation on the music festival?  Don’t worry you’ll do well.” Shinhye then hugs Junhee to calm her nerves.

“By the way unni, you look really y.” Junhee remarked as Shinhye removed Kris’ coat on her revealing her y outfit. “Did Kris oppa really allowed you to dress like that?” JUnhee asked Shinhye,

“He actually did not like how I look and asked me to change but we had no time. This coat belongs to him.” Pointing now to the coat she just removed. ”The moment he sees I took it off he will come here and put it back.”

“No wonder he’s really uneasy a while ago.” As Shinhye realized what Junhee was said they both laughed. “Oh, poor Kris oppa,” Junhee teasingly exclaimed to her unni.

“Aren’t you sorry for me? I am the one who’s suffering because Kris is too protective.” And both laughed again. Moments later Kris approached them with the other guys. Guess what, Shinhye was right. He put the coat back on Shinhye and warned her to never take it off.

The music festival was about to start. The guys said there final cheers on Kyunsoo and Junhee and try to look for good places to watch the show. Kris ushers Shinhye as they go through the crowd. The guys stand near the stage and had a good view for the performance. Shinhye stands right next to Kris and Sehun and Kai on the other side of Kris. Kris then noticed some guy stood next Shinhye then he pulled Shinhye to stand in front of him.

“Why?” Shinhye looked at Kris a little bit puzzled as why he grabbed her.

“You’ll have a better view here and it’s really cold.” Kris then put his arms around Shinhye’s waist giving her a back hug.

Shinhye was surprised with Kris’ actions. Though Kris has hugged her before, somehow it feels different from the hugs they did when they were young. ‘God this boy must really miss me.’ Shinhye just thought to herself and lets her head rest on Kris chest. Kris smiles and pulls Shinhye closer hugging her tighter. He was satisfied that the boys started to take off their eyes off her. As if he was successful telling those bastards that Shinhye is his and she is off limits. With that he was now ready to enjoy the show.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Alex, do you like Shinhye?” Woobin heard when two men entered the restroom. He immediately went inside one cubicle to listen to the conversation. Luckily the two guys did not see Woobin.

“I don’t know her yet but yeah I am interested in her.” Jeahyun admitted.

“Get in line.” The other guy chuckled. “There are many who wants to date her but I think she’s not interested. I tried but she usually treats guys as friends nothing more than that. I guess she was too focused on studying and helping her family back home. Besides there is a rumour that she’s dating Kim Woobin but now that her brother is never leaving her side, they don’t go out much. I heard he’s very protective of her.”

“I met his brother already and it’s true. If I get to like Shinhye, that won’t stop me from pursuing her even if she’s dating someone else.” He said.

‘Wow he’s persistent! Does he really like Shinhye? Maybe he’s taking interest because he already knows something. Ah this is really frustrating!’ Woobin thought to himself. He then left the restroom telling his dad about this new development after Jaehyun left.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Wow!” Kai was shocked as everyone else when Junhee and Kyungsoo entered the stage.

Junhee was really stunning with her white lacy one piece. It is a backless mini- dress. Her long curls fall down nicely framing her cute figure. Kyungsoo had black casual jeans paired with a simple black dressed shirt that elongates him. His hair was casually parted nearly at the center. He looks manlier compared to his hair down. Both had their backs facing each other as they began to perform.

“Wait, I thought they were going to perform…” Sehun and everyone expected that they were performing an Ed Sheeran song. The performance started and Sehun did not finish his sentence.

…(Junhee)I’ve fallin somehow, feet off the ground

Love is the, that keeps raining down

(Kyungsoo)Where are you now? When I need you around

I’m on my knees but it seems we’re…

Junhee and Kyungsoo made a very sensual performance. They ended up singing by Usher keeping it a secret from everyone. They took their instructor’s advice as they practice secretly to surprise everybody. He believed that this song will challenge both of them since Kyungsoo has the chops to do R&B songs, with he can really showcase his range. As for Juniel, it is a little bit out of her comfort zone but she has what it takes to complement Kyungsoo’s vocals in this song.  

The guys were a bit busy also so they haven’t had much time to help Kyungsoo and Junhee. Fortunately their instructor spent time with them and helped them with their performance. It was really hard and awkward at first but the two really worked hard to deliver the song well. Their classmates tried to help them be comfortable in performing for a large crowd and they cheered for them. The two became really close friends because of this and together they became more confident as they practice their piece.

 As expected they did really great and really gave a great impression to the audience. It was really unexpected of them to pull off such a performance. They won the third price for the competition. It was a great achievement since freshmen barely places in the competition. Kyungsoo and Junhee hugged each other as their names were announced. Their hard work paid off and both were really happy. Their friends joined them on stage as soon as the program ended

“Wow, Junhee I am really proud of you. That was really good! Even you Kyungsoo, you really did great!” Shinhye congratulated both of her friends. “It was a really hot and y performance.” Shinhye whispered teasingly to Junhee and hugged her. “I was wondering why you were not nagging me to help you in this performance but I guess you two can do it better on your own.” Shinhye exclaimed.

“Our Instructor helped us a lot and it was all his idea. You guys were really busy with other things and we don’t want to disturb you.” Kyungsoo responded.

“Hyung, you were really amazing, you too Junhee noona. It was a really hot performance!” Sehun remarked teasing his cousin.

“Kai, why aren’t you saying something?” Junhee was a little bit worried that Kai was not saying anything about their performance. He was staring at her weirdly. Junhee then approached Kai.

“It was really good.” He suddenly blurted out. Kai unconsciously took a step back as Junhee approached her. He suddenly blushed as he saw how stunning Junhee is up close. Junhee looked very puzzled with Kai’s sudden behaviour.

The guys went out to eat and celebrate their achievement. Kyungsoo and Junhee went to their instructor first and they were congratulated by their classmates. They thanked their friends and most specially their instructor before they joined Shinhye and the others for late dinner.

“Hey, why are you acting so weird?” Junhee asked Kai as the others ordered food.

“Acting weird?” Kai was very cautious every time he is close to Junhee.

“I think he’s not used to seeing you dressed like that.” Shinhye explained.

“I’m still Junhee!” she then hit Kai’s shoulder hoping that Kai would come back to his senses. “Stop acting so weird it kind of bothers me.” Junhee pleaded to Kai. They were bestfriends for a long time and Junhee is not used to Kai being cautious around her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“I know I said before that it’s a bad idea but don’t you think we should try?” Woobin asked Kris.

Woobin talked to Kris about what Jaehyun said in the restroom. Jaehyun was clearly pursuing Shinhye regardless whether it may have to do with Jaehyun’s task or not. He was definitely interested in Shinhye.

“Things are getting a bit complicated at the moment. I haven’t told you this but do you remember when you saw someone somewhat following Shinhye when you were on your way to school?” Kris nodded as he remembered the incident.

“If we haven’t caught him that time, Shinhye would be in danger. Apparently they were nearly confirming Shinhye’s identity. With that I think it is not that hard for Jaehyun to find out about Shinhye. Furthermore, the new job that Shinhye was offered my dad informed me that Jeahyun might have something to do with it and they are now trying to fix it.”

“God I really hate that Jeahyun.” Kris was really frustrated but put himself together. “Do you really think this would work?” Kris asked

“The good thing is that both of us can look after her closely.”

“But it requires you to play with her feelings and I really do not like that part.” Kris admitted.

“Honestly, I really like Shinye a lot. I did just did not pursue her because I know that it would harm her.

“Exactly!” Kris pointed out.

 “Technically I won’t be playing with her feelings. If I do not have this kind of responsibility on me I would probably pursue her even if she had you. The only thing is I love what I do and as much I like her, this responsibility of mine is my priority as of now.”

Kris took his time understanding Woobin’s arguments.

“Look! Both of us want her to be safe. As much as I like Shinhye her safety comes first and for now I think this is a risk we have to take. Don’t you think that it’s safer that I date her rather than she dates any guy you actually do not know of?” Woobin added.

Woobin was right. Sooner or later someone would definitely pursue Shinhye and he might not be able to stop her when the time comes that Shinhye falls in love with some body. At least he knows Woobin and at the moment he is the only guy he can trust his sister with.

“I’m just afraid that Shinhye will get hurt.” Kris admitted.

“I know, but if this works know that if she really falls in love with me I’ll do my best to take care of her.”

“How should we do this?”

“I’ll woo her and it would be really helpful that you talk to her about us dating. She’ll be more at ease knowing that you are okay with me dating her. Hopefully it will work.”

Woobin knows how hard this would be hard for Kris. He really appreciate that Kris is willing to cooperate. Kris has feelings for Shinhye and Woobin is sure of that. It might be stronger than Woobin’s feelings for Shinhye and it worries him how Kris going to deal with this. This entitles Kris to be spending less time with Shinhye and actually giving Woobin a chance to be with Shinhye; in the process he might lose her.

Kris lies on his bed. He can’t sleep and keeps thinking about Woobin’s proposal. Although he already agreed to cooperate for Shinhye’s safety, he’s still not resolved with this idea. He then sits up and try observing Shinhye as she sleeps. He smiles at how Shinhye looks so peaceful when she sleeps. He then tugs the hair falling on her face back to her ears gently .His smile became wider.  Suddenly thoughts of Shinhye being with Woobin and other guys come to his mind and cringes to these thoughts. His thumb gently Shinhye’s check. He asks himself if he would be really okay if he could really entrust her to other guys. He slowly leans forward to kiss her. His lips were only centimetres always when he realized what he was doing. He pulled back and his heart starts to beat faster. It was not the first time that his heart was beating this fast whenever he’s with Shinhye. It actually happens a lot that he got used to it. What surprised he is that he was actually trying to kiss Shinhye.

‘What do you think you are you doing? Have you gone mad?’ Kris thought to himself and he lied down trying to calm his heart.

 

Preview:

With the series of unfortunate events, it was inevitable to keep all of this from Shinhye. She had to know everything so that Woobin and his dad could protect her before it’s too late. With Shinhye still in shock with the sudden events, how will she accept this new information that is presented to her? This will be a really tough journey for her as she finds out who she really is and how her life will change from there on.