Chapter 10

My Life in 180 Degrees!

“Hmm.” Shinhye was trying her best to get out of Jeahyun’s grip as he forcedly kiss her at the back of her ear going back to the crook of her neck.

She was fighting her way out of Jaehyun, apparently he was too strong. Moments later someone grabbed Jaehyun away from her started beating him to death. Woobin came and stopped Kris from beating Jaehyun to death. Kris had a determined look in his eyes. Shinhye tried to hold him but it seems that even her presence can’t stop him. Shinhye attempted several times to his arm and stop him but Kris just shove her hands nd never diverted his gaze. He snapped away from his thoughts when he pushed Shinhye to hard that she fell on the floor. Woobin finally got Kris out from the unconscious Jaehyun.

 

“Whhat just happened?” Woobin’s father was really furious about the incident.

Maru was staring on the floor as he waits for his father’s bedroom door to be opened. He just found out that his daughter was almost by Jaehyun. That frightened him more. Shinhye being hurt this way was so unbearable for him. He found himself in front of his father’s bedroom door.  The nurse opened the door for him. Maru walked to the bedside of his father.

He asked how’s he’s doing before he decided to let him know the decision is about to make that might break his father’s heart. He knelt on the floor before asking him to let him save his daughter. He’s been an obedient son and had always been by his side all this time. He sacrificed a lot but he doesn’t regret it because he was able to make his father happy. He related how he reunited with his daughter and wished to start all over again. He knows that his dad might hate him for this but he can’t bear it anymore. All his life he’s been living in agony knowing that his daughter will never be really safe.

“You have suffered a lot my son and I’m sorry” his father paused. “I am so proud of you. The company is precious to me that I cannot seem to let it go.” His father had a lot to say but his weak body he cannot seem to say it all he signalled his son to sit down and struggled to hold his son’s hands.

“I promise I will find a solution regarding the company before I’ll leave.”

“Thank you my son.”

Kris, Woobin and Shinhye visited the headquarters that day to have a special training.  Apparently because the staffs that were in charge were overwhelmed that Maru’s daughter is finally visiting their headquarters. They haven’t securely assisted Jaehyun to his private room. Jaehyun took this opportunity to escape. As he was on his way he saw Shinhye on her way to the comfort room. Jaehyun desired Shinhye prior to having known that she was part of his job. Mentally unstable, he was not able to think before he attacked her. He was too caught up with his desires and the fact that he’s been locked for a long time, he lost control. He thought by hurting Shinhye he could have his revenge.

Kris was also on his way to the comfort room when he heard a familiar voice squek. He then panicked and searched where the sound was coming from. He then saw Jaehyun forcing kisses on Shinhye on a secluded corner. Before Jaehyun could even continue, Kris grabbed him away from Shinhye and beat him to death. His thought was filled with how Shinhye was so helplessly attacked by Jaehyun. He saw how Shinhye tried so hard to fight him but he was too strong for her and it hurts him so much. He wanted Jarhyun to feel how hurt he was and boy did he beat him so hard. His trance of thoughts was stopped by Shinhye’s voice when she fell on the floor when he unconsciously pushed her away so hard. He was taken aback when he finally realized that he almost killed Jaehyun and seeing Shinhye crying. He took a step back from the scenario and it seemed the world was in slow motion. He wiped his hands with Jaehyun’s blood vigorously. he then put his hands on face and run his fingers through his hair. He cannot believe what he has done. He ran away from the scene trying to calm himself.

Woobin then went to Shinhye and asked her if she can go after Kris. “He might do something to hurt himself.” Shinhye nodded. She was well aware that Kris how he was taken aback with the things that just happened. The thought that he almost killed a person, she knows that Kris couldn’t bear the thought of it. The two of them had been avoiding each other since the kiss but this situation is an exception. Shinhye knows that Kris needs someone right now or he might hurt himself like Woobin’s said. She composed herself forgetting how scared she is confronting Kris and searched for him.

Shinhye saw Kris sitting behind a big tree not far away from the headquarters. She approached Kris who looking at his hands in disbelief. He was about to cry but he bit his lower lip in frustration and held his tears back. He did not notice Shinhye was infront of him. She sat infront of Kris and grabbed his both of his hands. He then looked at Shinhye’s eyes. A tear fell down Shinhye’s eyes as she saw how scared Kris was. She just smiled at him and held his head in her arms. He can’t hold t back anymore. He desperately hugged Shinhye and he cried in her arms. His cries were filled with mixed emotions; he was frustrated at himself at the same time he was scared of himself as well. His growled with frustration in his cries.

Shinhye held him tighter. “It’s not your fault.” He cried louder and tightens his grip on her. He was so scared. She cannot help but to cry as well. He was having a hard time because of her and it hurts knowing that this is the only way she could help him.

“I am so sorry Kris.  I really thought of sending you away so you won’t suffer anymore but lately it seems that I need you more than ever. I know how selfish I am for letting you stay with me.” She paused and the next words that are about to come out of are words that pains her. She gathered courage to finally utter these words. It was the right thing to do. At the same time Kris calmed himself and stopped crying. He was still holding her and so as Shinhye. “Kris I think I should let you go now.” Kris stiffens as he heard these words. Shinhye then continues. “I don’t want to hurt you anymore.” She then leans her head on his shoulders and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. Kris hugs her tighter. He did not know what to say. He cannot believe what he just herad. Suddenly he felt Shinhye was letting go of him and he was so afraid of it.

“Don’t go.” He finally uttered.

“Kris…” she responded but before she could continue she was interrupted by Kris.

“Shinhye, you’re all I have. Please don’t do this.” He desperately pulls her towards him and crashed his head on her shoulders. “Please don’t do this!” he cried desperately.

These made Shinhye weak, she was determined a while ago to let him go but his words punched her heart so hard.

“I need you, Shinhye. You’re all I have.”

“Kris, I don’t want you to hate yourself because of me. It scares me that you might regret doing things for me and hurt yourself. Stay with dad for a while and maybe we’ll meet again after things get better.” Shinhye tried to push Kris away from her. She just hopes that Kris would let her go so that it would be easier for her to let him go. “Kris please, if you still insist I might not be able to let go you” she thought to herself.

She finally got out of Kris and started to walk away from him. Kris froze he did not know what to do. He has no dad to run to and he was frustrated he cannot tell her. She was pushing him away and it hurts but he knows that she had her best intentions in doing so. He watched as Shinhye slowly walked away from him. His heart ached so much he cannot move and chase after her. Tears fell down his face and he cannot breathe. Suddenly his sight was all white then turned black.

“Kris!” she saw Kris collapsed on the ground. She heard a loud sound as she walked away and then she turned to see what it was Kris was already unconsciously laying on the floor. She ran towards him and cried. She cried for help.

 

“Kris’ father died about a year ago” Woobin informed Shinhye.

Shinhye was planning to send him off to their hometown and Woobin finally revealed that his father is dead.

Shinhye’s eyes widened. Woobin then further explained that she was not supposed to know about it but he was trying to let her understand sending Kris might not be the best idea.

“Not only that he has now where to go but you’re all he has and I’m afraid that if he’ll lose you he might not be able to handle it.” Shinhye finally understood how strong those words were and how Kris meant every word of it.  

“Shinhye, I may not know Kris that well but he’s very easy to read especially when it comes to you. He loves you very much. Deep inside I know you do but you’re just afraid to acknowledge it. You’re afraid that if things will change from the things they used to be. I know it’s difficult since you’ve known him as your brother. Come to think of it you feel also something for him am I right?”

Shinhye did not respond because she doesn’t even know it herself. “Maybe you haven’t sorted that yet.” Woobin continued.

“The funny thing is I do believe that you need each other and I am quite envious of that.” Woobin admitted. “When I met you I thought that I will be forever be by your side since they intended to keep your real relationship to Kris till the end.”

“What do you mean?” Shinhye then asked in confusion.

“Apparently Shinhye you are a very lovable person and yes I have come to like you. I never liked someone like this before.”

“Woobin, you’re a great friend…” before Shinhye can reject him Woobin interrupted her.

“I know. Don’t worry it’s okay and I like things are, you being one of my greatest friends. I kind of accepted that you will never be mine. I just said to myself that I deserve better.” He teased Shinhye.

Shinhye just shook her head and smiled. “Yes you do.”

“I’m just kidding, you’re great. I would have pursued you if you don’t have Kris by your side. I am not pushing him to just because he needs you. You both need each other.”

“I know.” That’s one thing Shinhye is certain about. She needs Kris.

After her conversation with Woobin, Shinhye went to Kris’ room fortunately it was open. She sat beside his bed. Kris was sweating and his forehead was scrunching hard. He looked like he was having a nightmare. Shinhye’s thumb ran through his scrunched forehead, hopefully to ease his worries. Kris hand grabbed her wrist and his eyes opened wide. Shinhye was surprised. Kris was relieved when he saw Shinhye.

“You’re here.” Kris uttered in disbelief. Shinhye just nodded.

“I’ll go now so you could rest.” Kris grabbed her wrist before she could take a step away.

“Don’t go. Please.” Kris begged.

“You need to rest it’s been a tiring day for you. We’ll see each other tomorrow.” She insisted. Kris literally needs rest he was really exhausted.

“Stay with me please.” He begged. She than sat beside his bed and held his hand. “Don’t worry I won’t leave until you’re asleep.” Kris just stared at her and Shinhye wondered why isn’t he sleeping.

“You know you were having a nightmare a while ago.” Shinhye informed him. “What was it? It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me but if it makes you feel better I’m ready to listen.”

“The sight of you walking away from me, it kept repeating and repeating. I can’t move as much I wanted to chase you. No matter how I tried to shout, no sound came out of my mouth. I cried for out o not leave me but you continued to walk away.”  Shinhye placed her hand on his face. “I’m sorry but I’m here now and I won’t leave.”

“I can’t sleep.”

She then signalled Kris to move and she lay beside Kris. When they were young and Kris has nightmares and cannot sleep, Shinhye sleeps beside him. It always works. She then stokes his hair so that he could easily sleep. It’s been years since they did something like this.

Shonhye Kris hair and they look into each other’s eyes. Both of them were aware how different things were when they were young. Many things have changed and the innocent look in their eyes years ago had changed as they their eyes met just now.

“Shinhye, I love you.” He finally said it. At that moment he did not care what would happen next. He just wanted her to know he loves him. He then pulls her in a tight hug. “You don’t have to say anything. I just ask you to stay with me tonight.”

Shinhye just nodded and rest her head on his chest.

 

Preview:

Maru finally discovered a solution regarding his father’s company. Unfortunately His brother is one step ahead in stopping him from doing so. Woobin sent Kris and Shinhye away since Maru’s brother is chasing them himself. Maru’s victory will lead to a change for a better, in his life and Shinhye as well as for everyone who’s at their side. This also entitles Shinhye a new life, a life that she always wanted to live.

Author’s note:

I am so sorry if his update is a bit short and a bit messy. I tried my best to update soon so please excuse the technical errors and the parts of the story which are not fully elaborated. If I will have time I would try to edit this chapter. For now I hope you enjoy this update. Thank you again and feel free to express your thoughts on this update.