Chapter 6

iridescent

Cold?" Taec oppa pulled my hood up.
  "Nope, I'm okay." I left my hood on though, it *was* actually a little cold. We entered the JYPE building. The camera crew would meet us upstairs. We had had to enter through the basement to avoid the fans camping outside. It was actually rather creepy, didn't these people have a life to return to? Oh well.
  My nerves started to act up as we were in the elevator. What if they didn't like me? These were internationally known idols, for heaven's sake. Sure, they were all friendly on variety shows, but you never knew, right? What if I, I don't know, turned them off for some reason? 
  A warm hand slid into mine. I looked up into the creased face of Wooyoung oppa. "Ya, you okay?" 5 faces turned worriedly towards me. I smiled. 2PM were perfectly nice, I reassured myself. There was no reason to think the rest wouldn't be the same. "Yes." Junho oppa smiled, reached across and brushed a strand of hair off my face. I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes. Still getting used to their excessive displays of affection, I wondered just where did they get their overprotectiveness from. 
  The elevator reached the 5th floor, the main office, as it was labelled on the lift button. We stepped out into the hallway and walked towards the office. "We'll just have a quick chat with the managers and Jinyoung hyung, then we'll go to the practice rooms to meet the rest okay?" Khun oppa said. "Mmhmm, okay." 
  Minjun oppa knocked at the door. Someone answered in Korean and the door swung open. I swallowed. This was a rather, er, *fancy* meeting. There was a long table in the middle of the room, and about 5 men sat at the end of the table, looking expectantly at us. Wooyoung oppa tightened his grip on my hand. Honestly, it wasn't like I was going to run off at the sight of 5 strangers.
  We took a seat. Park Jinyoung cleared his throat and looked at me. "Annyeonghaseyo." He tilted his head politely. "Ah, annyeonghaseyo..." I bowed as much as I could while still on my chair. 
  "You know what to call me?" . I racked my brains. 
  "Ahjusshi?" I blurted. Ugh. I hoped that wasn't horribly rude.
  Everyone started laughing. I bit my lip and caught Khun oppa's eye across the table. It's okay, he mouthed. 
  Well, seeing as how he didn't correct me, I was just going to call him that. 
  The next 10 minutes passed with Jiyoung ahjusshi rattling off a list of dos and don'ts, such as never to post debatable things on social media platforms, always look presentable when going out, stay on the good side of the paps, etc etc. I must have looked bewildered because at the end, one of the managers smiled at me. "Welcome to JYP!" Aw. "Thank you." I grinned at him.
  We left the office and I could have sworn I heard at least 2 sighs of relief. 
  "That went well." I nudged Taec oppa in the ribs. 
  "Yeah, it did." He slung an arm around my shoulder.
  We went down to the 4th floor: Practice Rooms. 
  "HYUNGGGGGGGG-" They didn't even knock, just barged in. I hung back awkwardly at the doorway and watched them give each other brofists and one-armed hugs. 
  "Omo, you're Miyoung?" A fair, skinny Jokwon exclaimed. He then proceeded to run full speed at me, arms flailing about, while screaming something in Korean. "MIYOUNG AH!" Fair enough, I could be weird and high too.
  "JOKWON OPPAAAAAAA-" I screamed and ran towards him. We collided and he hugged me tightly. Breathless, I went into fits of laughter. 
  Minjun oppa materialised. "Kwon ah! Don't scare her!"
  I unfurled myself from Jokwon oppa's arms, but left an arm around his tiny waist. "Tsk, oppa, I'm fine!"
  "Yeah oppa, she's fine!" Jokwon oppa scolded him. 
  Jinwoon oppa said something to Khun oppa, then grinned at me expectantly and opened his arms. His eyes were like Junho oppa's, I noticed. They went into practically slits when they smiled. "He wants to say hi too." Khun oppa told me.
  I went to him and he hugged me. "Hi!" I grinned up at him, he was so tall. "Hi!" 
  This was quickly followed by Changmin and Seulong oppa's overly affectionate greetings. But hugs, hugs were good. I wasn't complaining. It had been so long since I had felt so safe and secure.
  Wooyoung oppa asked where the 'kids' were in Korean. Changmin oppa replied 'schedule, they'll be back later.' Kids?
  "Miyoung ah!" A high pitched shriek came from the doorway. I whirled around and she came running full speed at me. Another Jokwon, probably. I laughed and hugged her.
  "Annyeong!" She ruffled my hair. I looked at her. Oh my- It was Min. MIN from Miss A. Oh, my God.
  "Er... annyeong!" I beamed at her. Fei, Jia and Suzy walked in behind her and gave me a hug too. Finally people that didn't crush me when they hugged me. "Call us unnie, okay?" Fei the top of my head.
  "Okay!"
  Suzy unnie frowned and whacked Taec oppa, the one nearest to her. "Ya." 
  Taec oppa fake-pouted and held his shoulder. "Ya, wae?"
  She said something else, too fast for me to make out. Taec oppa looked sheepish and replied. Upon hearing it, everybody else in the room frowned and whacked the nearest 2PM member they could reach. 
  "AH ARRASSEO ARRASSEO!" They pulled me close and Taec told me what was going on. "Suzy says you look deathly pale. And if I remember correctly, you didn't eat much of breakfast. Let's order pizza for lunch, okay?"
  Deathly pale? I looked at myself in the mirror opposite. I looked like this all the time, actually. One of the perks of being anaemic. "Yeah, sure!"
  The next 20 minutes passed with Miss A telling me how to handle the 2PM members when they were hungry, tired or annoying and me alternating between laughing and fending off oppas who tried to cut them off yelling "NO, WE ARE NOT THAT ANNOYING!" 
  "HYUNG! NOONA!" 7 boys came running into the room. They all looked younger than most of the other people and actually, were rather like 2AM and 2PM in terms of hyperactivity. Also, they were holding 5 boxes of pizza. 
  "DON'T RUN WITH THE FOOD!" Jia unnie screamed. 
  They slowed down and grinned. "Mianhe." 
  Khun oppa put a hand on my head. "This is a group that just debuted, GOT7. That's JB, Junior, BamBam, Jackson, Youngjae, Mark and Yugyeom," he pointed at each of the boys. He went over and dragged Yugyeom over. "Yugyeom's 17 and the maknae, you guys should get along, he's the one nearest to your age." He looked at me expectantly. Yugyeom turned scarlet and whacked Khun oppa. I didn't need a translator to know what he was thinking.
  "Oh my God you just made it so awkward. Seriously, oppa?" I whacked him too. Khun oppa, however, was looking daggers at Yugyeom oppa. Um, okay?
  "Annyeong!" I stuck my hand out. Yugyeom oppa looked at me and seemed to make a decision. He pulled me in for a hug. "Annyeong." His whisper tickled my ear. My breath caught.
  "Ya..." Chansung oppa pulled him away. My face felt hot and I looked away and caught Min unnie's eye. She winked at me. No, ugh, stop blushing, stop it!
  Meanwhile, while Yugyeom oppa was being nagged by Chansung oppa and Wooyoung oppa and asked if he 'wanted to die?!', the rest of GOT7 introduced themselves. It finished with me concluding that the JYP family were all crazy and hyperactive and extremely open with their affection. 
  Junho oppa put a hand on my shoulder. "15& can't make it today, they're in China for a show. They say hi, though!" I never really noticed it, but their English was actually pretty good. It came with travelling so much for shows all over the world, I guessed.  
  After that, we all sat down in a circle for pizza. I looked around. Miss A unnies were laughing at Kwon and Khun oppa's stupid jokes. BamBam, Jackson and Minjun oppa were talking about some music thing earnestly. The rest were all joking and pushing one another and causing pizza slices to slip onto the floor. I felt a warm glow in my heart. 
  Taecyeon oppa nudged me.
  "You're spacing out, you okay?"
  I looked up at him and smiled. "Never better."

 

 

 

 


   
  

 

 

 

sorry for late late late update omg love you all thanks for subscribing!! rmb to comment and subscribe!!