Chapter 9 - Developments

Corporate Cutie

 

Sungmin stepped off the elevator with a tired Kyuhyun and Shindong following behind him, the trio made their way through the empty, dimly lit office floor to the meeting room, where everyone else, apart from Siwon and Ryeowook, were assembled and seated.

 

“Please tell me you have coffee.” Kyuhyun whines, plopping down on an empty seat and resting his head of the table.

 

Hyukjae shook his head and told Donghae to make coffees for everyone before they started their talk. Kyuhyun practically inhaled the coffee that Donghae set down in front of him and took Shindong’s cup as well, despite his protests that went quiet with one glare from Kyuhyun. Sungmin rolled his eyes at his boyfriend’s childish behaviour, mouthing an apology to Shindong.

 

“So, what is so important that you called us in at 3am?” Kyuhyun asked, really hoping that it wasn’t a stupid thing that could have waited until the morning, he was wasting valuable star craft playing hours by being here. Sungmin shot him a knowing glare, knowing exactly what he was thinking.

 

“Okay well, as some of you don’t know, last night was Ryeowook’s engagement dinner,” Hyukjae paused, making sure everyone was listening. “To get to the point, his fiancé is Sooyoung, mine and Siwon’s cousin but neither of us knew that until last night.”

 

“Oh, my God!” Sungmin exclaimed, feeling pity for Ryeowook. He knew the newbie and Siwon were getting close with each other, this news was like a giant slap to the face.

 

“Ummm...why is this news so shocking for Ryeowook and Siwon?” asked Kyuhyun, he instantly regretted the question when he saw Sungmin and Heechul glaring daggers at him, he sunk a little in his chair.

 

“What the , Kyu? They like each other, you idiot.” Shindong gave him a light smack over the head, Heechul sent Shindong thumbs up for hitting that insensitive prick.

 

“Kyuhyun’s stupidity aside, we need everyone’s help in stopping the engagement and making sure Ryeowook and Siwon can be together without any more obstacles.”

 

Hyukjae was pleased at the unanimous agreement around the table, Leeteuk was just as pleased looking around the table, his gaze stopped on Yesung, who looked sadder than anything else.

 

“Yesung, what’s wrong?” He asked

 

“Is Ryeowook okay? Did you see him before coming here?”

 

Every question that left Yesung’s mouth was dripping with nothing but concern for his friend, Leeteuk reached over and took one of Yesung’s hands in his own.

 

“There I nothing to worry about, Siwon is with him right now so we should assume that he is okay.” He reassured with a smile.

 

Heechul watched from beside Yesung and was surprised he wasn’t getting jealous unlike Kangin, who was stone faced on the other side of the table. Heechul discreetly sent him a message to calm down, he silently laughed at the reply he got. “ OFF” in capital letters

 

H – YOU KNOW HE LOVES YOU, RIGHT?

K – I KNOW BUT WITH OUR HISTORY…

H – IT’S HISTORY, STOP DWELLING IN THE PAST RACCOON.

K – SHUT UP RELLA, I AIN’T TALKING TO YOU. FOCUS ON THE MEETING.

 

Heechul chuckled at the last message before putting it away just in time to catch the last sentence of whatever Hyukjae was explaining.

 

“We need a list of potential companies that would be beneficial to Teuk’s father.”

 

“Why don’t you just ask Bangtan Corp to help us?” Heechul suggested, disregarding the stare Kangin was giving him.

 

“That is not a bad idea, Heechul.”

 

“Thank you, Monkey. I’m here to help after all.”

 

“What do you think, Teuk?” Hyukjae asked, Leeteuk pursed his lips.

 

“They do have connections in almost every country, that in itself would please my father. I’ll ask them and see what they think.”

 

“Okay, then it’s settled. We will have another meeting after Leeteuk talks to Bangtan Corp. You guys can go home and catch up on sleep,” says Hyukjae, dismissing everyone.

 

Kyuhyun hastily says goodbye, dragging Sungmin out before he could say his goodbyes and heading for the elevator. It took a second for Shindong to register they were leaving without him.

 

“Yah! Wait for me!! Andwae!!!” Shindong shouted, running to catch up with them only to have the elevator close in his face. “Oh Man!” He wailed dramatically collapsing on the floor.

 

Heechul watched the whole thing happen and felt sorry for his chubby buddy, he walked up to him and patted him on the shoulder.

 

“Come on, you can hitch a ride with Yesung and I.” Heechul told him as he helped him up.

 

Shindong brought him into a bone-crushing hug, singing his praises for the beautiful man.

 

“Okay, you’re grateful now release as I can’t breathe.” Heechul gasped out, Shindong immediately let him go.

 

“Sorry Chul.” He said scratching his head

 

Yesung came over after finishing his talk with Teuk and Hyuk, seeing Heechul with Shindong in front of the elevator.

 

“Ready to go, Chullie?” He brought Heechul flush against his side, his arm around his waist.

 

“I told Shindong we would take him home, Kyuhyun and Sungmin left without him. Is that okay?” Heechul explained, Shindong watched anxiously for Yesung’s reply, hoping he wouldn’t have to walk home.

 

“It’s fine with me, let’s go. “Yesung nods with a small smile, ushering them into the elevator.

 

“You know what the sad part is about this?” Shindong looks at the pair woefully.

 

“I live with them.” He confesses as the doors close, the sound of Heechul’s laughter could be heard throughout the building.

 

~

“So, they plan to go to Bangtan Corp? We’ll have to get to them first.” Xiah said, looking at the live security footage that was being streamed live to his laptop. His gaze moved to Yunho and Changmin, who were standing before him with neutral expressions on their faces.

 

‘Yunho, you get in touch with those CEO’s of Bangtan Corp and schedule a meeting as soon as possible but be discreet.” Xiah said with a hint of warning in his voice as Yunho nodded, leaving the room as quickly as possible.

 

Changmin watched his friend leave with envy, he wished he was the one making the appointment so he wouldn’t have to stand anymore in front of this lunatic. His brows furrowed when he noticed Xiah looking at him as if sizing him up.

 

“Ummm...why are you looking at me like that, Xiah?” He asked nervously, Xiah smirked at his friend.

 

“No reason but I would like you to do something that is crucial to the plan. You know those two bodyguards Siwon sent to watch over the Kim boy?” Changmin’s face blanched as he nodded in confirmation, not liking where this conversation was heading.

 

“You have to seduce one of them and get some inside information for me.”

Changmin gaped at Xiah for a minute before slamming his hands on the table.

 

“Have you lost your damn mind? I’m not seducing anyone.” He said flat out refusing the idea. He waited for the for the expected mad reaction from Xiah but was shocked when he just laughed. What the heck was so funny? He thought as eyed Xiah.

 

“Did I say something funny?” Changmin asked as Xiah wiped away tears.

 

“I just find it funny that you think you have a choice in this when you don’t.” The smile that was on Xiah’s face disappeared into a malicious smirk, one of his hands reached into the drawers of the desk and pulled out a large square piece of paper, putting in on the table in front of Changmin.

 

Changmin’s face paled as he saw what and who was on the photo before him, the innocent smile and kind eyes that got him through his terrible days were staring straight at him, instead of the warm feeling it usually gave him, it sent a feeling of dread in the pits of his stomach.

 

“You would involve my sister in this, you heartless bastard!!!” Changmin yelled, snatching up the photo of his beloved sister and holding it against his chest.

 

“Consider this a warning the next time you try to disobey me.” Xiah said all too pleased with Changmin’s reaction.

 

Changmin knew he had to do Xiah bidding now, there was no way Changmi was getting involved in this mess. The realisation that Xiah would go this far for revenge proved he wasn’t the same man they had met and befriended in college.

 

“I’ll get to it straight away.” Changmin said stiffly through gritted teeth, his fingers clenching the photograph so hard, it had creases, he bowed and left the room, not wanting to spend another minute in Xiah’s presence.

 

As soon as Changmin left the room, Xiah slumped back into his chair sniggering with triumph. Everything was going to plan, soon they will have their long-waited revenge. It filled his heart with immense joy that his enemies will be suffering all because of him while he gets to revel in the spoils of his victory. Xiah smiled like a Cheshire cat as he dialled the number of his number 1 puppet.

 

“Zhoumi-ah, are you busy?”

 

~

Ryeowook wasn’t sure how long he had been sleeping or how many days he’d been in this hotel room, He was sure of one thing, he wouldn’t trade the hours he spent with Siwon here for anything. In this hotel room, it was just the two of them. No one and nothing else mattered, it was like a beautiful dream that he ever wanted to wake up from.

 

Ryeowook sat up in the bed with a smile on his face, he wished this could last forever, however in reality, nothing lasts forever. He wondered if he should call Leeteuk and tell him that he is doing okay, he knew his brother would be worried by now since they haven’t talked in 3 days.

 

“Your awake.”

 

Ryeowook noticed Siwon leaning against the wall, he looked incredibly handsome in just demin jeans and a polo shirt, he thought it should be a crime to look that good in casual wear.

 

“How are feeling today?” Siwon asked softly as he sat down on the bed beside Ryeowook.

 

“I’m fine.” Ryeowook answered shyly, his cheeks turning pink as Siwon took one of his hands in his own, the other was gently his hair.

 

“I talked to your brother and told him you were okay, we will be seeing them this afternoon.”

 

“I suppose it’s time to step back into reality.” Ryeowook replied with a pout and a heavy sigh.

 

Siwon smiled at him, bringing their faces closer to each other and giving him a chaste kiss on the lips, Ryeowook whines at the loss of contact and gets flicked on the nose.

 

“We have to leave our tower at some point, might as well be now.” Siwon commented moving away from Ryeowook before the younger could retaliate and started to put his coat on.

 

Ryeowook let out a childish whine as he hesitantly got out of the bed, heading to the bathroom to wash his face and freshen up. Twenty minutes later, they left the hotel room hand in hand, smiling at each other, emitting the aura of a newlywed couple.

 

When they got to the lobby, the smile on Ryeowook’s face vanished when he saw his step-father standing by the reception desk with a non-too pleased expression, his bodyguards behind him, ready and waiting for his orders. Siwon openly glared at the man who made Ryeowook so frightened, curious on-lookers stopped in their tracks wondering what was going on.

 

Ryeowook took in the surroundings and knew his step-father would never forgive him for causing a scene in public. He ignored the sick feeling in his stomach and moved towards his step-father only to be pulled back by Siwon.

 

“What are you doing?” Siwon asked in a hushed voice

 

“I have to go with him.” Ryeowook answered with an anxious expression on his pale face. Siwon shook his head

 

“I’m not letting you with him, he’ll hurt you.” He said with concern, his grip on Ryeowook’s wrist tightens a fraction.

 

“He won’t try to hurt me, not until we are behind the walls of his office. That should give you enough time to send Hyung over to the house.” Ryeowook pried Siwon’s fingers off his wrist, giving him an unsure smile before he is led out of the lobby by his step-father’s bodyguards.

 

Siwon was unnerved by the -eating grin the old man had as he left the hotel, he had his phone to his ear before the cars even left the hotel.

 

“Hyung! We don’t have much time, you need to go home now! Your father just left with Ryeowook!”

 

Siwon hurriedly got into his own car, transferring the call to his head set as he began to drive, Leeteuk’s voice coming through the speakers.

 

“KANGIN AND I ARE ON OUR WAY THERE, YESUNG IS ALREADY AT THE HOUSE. DON’T WORRY, RYEOWOOK WILL BE FINE.”

 

“Thank you Hyung, I’ll meet you there, see you soon.” He hangs up, tossing the head set on the empty passenger side seat. His hands clenching the steering wheel so tight, the knuckled were turning white.

 

He had a sick feeling in his gut as if something bad was going to happen. The way Mr Park had smirked at him, it unsettled him, the feeling it conveyed was like he had already won and that worried Siwon to no end. There was no telling what he would do to Ryeowook since he was mad at him for screwing up the engagement plans.

 

From what Leeteuk had told him previous times before, the man was capable of anything, especially when it came to things he wanted. He drove a little faster, fear for Ryeowook’s safety only fuelling the adrenaline he had pumping through his body.

 

It seemed like forever when he finally got to the Park/Kim residence, the first thing he noticed coming up the driveway were the cars oddly parked, blocking each other. He recognised Leeteuk and Kangin’s SUV and relaxed slightly as he parked his own car beside theirs and got out, not even bothering to lock it. He headed straight for the front door only to be blocked by Mr Park’s bodyguards when he was halfway up the steps.

 

“Move.” He ordered, glaring at them. Didn’t these men know who he was and what he can do?

 

“We have been ordered not to allow you entry, Mr Choi.”

Siwon’s hard gaze went to the man that spoke and knew instantly that he was the leader, he had an authorative aura about him and he was prominently more physically built than the rest of them.

 

“You know who I am.” He stated, the man before him nodded, lifting his chin up.

 

“Who wouldn’t now of the infamous CEO Choi Siwon? From what I’ve read about you, I’d expected you to have more of a refined taste when it came to partners. Ryeowook is below your standards, isn’t he?” The man babbled on with a leer and evil glint in his eyes.

 

Siwon kept his composure, overlooking the sniggers around him, he wouldn’t be helping Ryeowook at all by getting into a fight, it would only add fuel to the fire. He had to make his way inside without throwing punches but the men before him were just itching for a fight.

 

The door behind them opened, Ryeowook’s mother stood in the doorway, her cheeks were tear stained, she appeared deflated as if she looked ready to pass out. All the men turned around and bowed to her, she stared at them with indifference and something Siwon couldn’t quite place. When her eyes met his, they showed a mixture of emotions, sadness, pity, guilt and regret.

 

“Let him pass.” She said in a soft yet firm tone.

 

The men shared confused looks with each other, unsure of whether to obey her order or not. They looked to their leader who was just as unsure, he served both but Mr Park’s orders were absolute.

 

“Now!” She shouted effectively making them part like the red sea for Siwon. He walked forward and was surprised when she took his hand in hers and led him inside the house.

 

“We have much to talk about, Choi Siwon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am so sorry for the late update, my lovely readers. I will try to update regularly. :) Please be patient with me.