Chapter 1 - First Day

Corporate Cutie

Ryeowook POV

Today is the day, the day I become independent, step out into the real world. The day I get to begin doing something I love.

I let out a nervous breathe as I stand outside the multiple story building, admiring the way the sun hits the glass windows, the light reflecting off it, making tiny rainbows.

I never expected to get a job so soon after graduating college, I admit I’m pretty anxious but excited at the same time. I’d never imagined that I would be working at this prestigious company; it was still surreal to me.

Choi and Lee Corporation was the top company in the business and marketing mainstream, they handled everything from A to Z so it was pretty easy to see why they were number one.

If you got a job here you were pretty much set for life, doors of opportunity were everywhere. The wages itself were something to awe at plus the employees were treated fair, there is no favouritism at this company. 

My older step brother, Junsu (but I call him Leeteuk and we actually are really close) worked here until he started his own company with his friend and partner, Kangin. His company mainly focuses on accountings for the insanely wealthy that are in need of financial advisors.

He had told me that the two CEO’s were top notch men, fair in their judgment of employees and projects and were well liked by the majority. I thought it weird at first that the company had two CEO’s but that’s what makes it so unique. They are not in some power hungry grudge match for supremacy.

I fixed up my tie and examined myself before entering the tall building, my eyes widened in awe as they took in the interior of the place. The lobby/reception was mainly white and black marble, on the ceiling was a crystal chandelier.

The sight of it was amazing, I walked up to the reception desk where a petite brunette was busy typing away and talking into her headpiece, she saw me approach and smiled before covering the microphone of her headset.

“What can I do for you today sir?” She asked, her smile was warm and genuine. I swallowed.

“I’m supposed to start work here today; they told me on the phone that someone would me.” I said hoping I didn’t sound whiny because that would be a bad first impression.

The receptionist began typing and then started talking into the headset; she looked up from the screen.

“You are Kim Ryeowook?” I nodded and she spoke into the microphone.

It felt like hours before she spoke again, she handed me several A4 sheets of paper, an access card with my picture on it and a company guidelines book.

“Just wait in the foyer, your is on his way down.” I said thank you and bowed before leaving the desk and making my way to the foyer and sat down on one of the leather couches.

Using the minutes of solitude, I studied the people coming and going, it was a sea of black and white. For a second I felt out of place, everyone else’s suits looked expensive and brand new while mine was a faded black and you could tell it was worn but it still looked professional though.

I can’t afford anything at the moment; I just moved into a roof top apartment and am currently living off packet ramen and tap water. Being fresh out of college I have to fend for myself.

My stepfather stopped the financial support as soon as I graduated; the rent is so cheap for my apartment that a cup of coffee cost more. Just one room is all I need and I don’t entertain guests since I never have any.

I never made friends in college; I always studied instead of going to group outings. The other students thought I was a snob and an over-achiever. The only people that I hung out with were my hyung’s friends and that was once every few weeks.

Don’t get me wrong, I am a sociable person but I tend to get nervous very easily around new people and it’s hard to make friends when your personality is like that. Hopefully this job will give me the opportunity to come out of my shell and express myself more.

I turn my head to the elevators to see a man coming towards me, his frame is slender yet strong, his dark brown eyes surrounded by thick black lashes, his hair was the same colour, contrasting with his milky white skin.

He was too beautiful to be a man and too manly to be a woman, the only way to describe him was an other world exotic creature. He comes to a halt before me, a hand extended out.

“Kim Ryeowook, I presume.” He smiles at me, I stand and shake his hand, also doing a little bow.

‘You’re a cutie, it’s gonna be hard to concentrate with you in the office but oh well. We need some eye candy around here.” He says as he looks me up and down.

I blush at his comment and he smirks playfully and I realise he is still holding my hand, he notices too and my hand before releasing it.

“Oh yeah, work is going to be so much fun with you around.” He turns and I follow him into the elevator. “Oh yeah, I’m Kim Heechul and it’s a pleasure.”

Oh God, I hope not all of them are like Heechul otherwise I don’t think I could handle it, I can’t count the amount of times my cute looks have gotten me into some form of trouble. I was mistaken for a girl one time and I got slapped by a fellow classmate because she thought her boyfriend was cheating on her with me.

That was partly the reason why I never went out, even Leeteuk’s friends would come onto me, no matter the warnings they got from my step brother. I clenched my shoulder bag and took a deep breath as the elevator stopped, the doors slid open to reveal and entire office floor in chaos.

Phones were ringing nonstop, employees were actually running around with stacks of paper in their hands. There were people crowded around the copier machines who were a little agitated. Heechul stopped one guy as he passed us.

“What the hell is going on? This place was calm when I left.” He asked his lips pursed, the guy took a deep breath before speaking, his forehead was beaded with sweat and his chubby cheeks were bright red.

“I don’t know how it happened but the entire production plan for the New Year has gone missing! The entire building is in panic mode trying to make a new one while a selected few are searching for the original, they have already searched our floor.”

“Great, just great.” Heechul muttered and he shooed the guy away before turning to me. “You picked a hell of a day to start kiddo.” He said sarcastically and grabbed my hand, pulling me along.

He was barking orders left, right and centre as we passed the busy cubicles. The whole thing was overwhelming to say the least, Heechul comes to sudden stop and I end up colliding with his back.

I rub my nose and look to see why we have stopped. We were in front of a glass door with a gold plate that read “Meeting Room 1” on it. The blinds were shut so you can’t see who is in there but the loud voices made it clear that the room was occupied.

“I think I’ll put you in the presentation room.” Heechul ushered me into the room next door. “Wait here.” He says before shutting the door and leaving me alone in the empty room.

I walked around the room, grateful for the silence. A large, long rectangle table with rounded corners dominated the room, the projector sat in the middle of the table and a white screen was at the end of the table.

I saw a jug of water at the head of the table and helped myself to a glass; the chilled water was so good I almost squealed. I sat down at the head of the table, the chair was so comfortable.

I sank into it and sighed; now this was happiness. I closed my eyes and hummed, rocking the chair back and forth, taking a mouthful of my water

“Kim Ryeowook?”

The sudden voice startled me, making me spray my water everywhere. I quickly stood up and looked at the owner of the voice. My eyes went as wide as saucers, my heart skipped a beat and my legs turned to jelly.

The man standing a few feet away from me was gorgeous and no doubt the most handsome man I’d ever seen. His piercing brown eyes gave me a once over and I gulped, this man had a very intimidating aura.

I could only nod confirming his enquiry as my words were stuck in my throat and walked towards him with my hand out. I don’t know how or what happened but I tripped falling forward.

I saw the carpet floor come up to meet me and shut my eyes waiting for the impact but it never came. I opened my eyes to find myself in an embrace up against a well muscled chest. My heartbeat increased, I’d never been this close to anyone before, I moved and the arms released me.

“I’m so sorry! Forgive me!” I said bowing, my face was so heated that I’m pretty sure I looked like a tomato. I clenched my jaw, this is embarrassing.

“It’s alright, no harm done.” His voice was like smooth silk, I had to stop myself from sighing. “I’m CEO Choi Siwon.”

Oh my God, this man before me was one of the CEO’s? Kim Ryeowook, you big idiot! This just went from embarrassing to mortifying in less than five seconds. Hyung, I think I’m screwed and I haven’t even started yet.

 

Siwon POV

Today was just one of those days, if that production plan hadn’t gone missing I would have been in a happier mood, however as soon as I saw him, I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

I stare at him from my seat at the long table; he has chosen to sit as far away from me as possible. His face was still red from the embarrassing scene before; he’s avoiding eye contact and nervously playing with his fingers.

The atmosphere is awkward.

I’m not sure what I should say; I only came in here because my curiosity got the better of me. Heechul had said that the new employee was a looker and has already caught the attention of several of his co-workers and he hasn’t even been here for an hour.

It’s a new record, come to think of it; this boy is way cuter than the last newbie, Lee Sungmin. I shuddered at the memory, that guy tried everything and anything to get with me. He even hid under my desk to catch me off guard and seduce me.

It didn’t work and after a long vacation, Sungmin came back a changed man with a more serious character and started dating Mr Cho, my Head of Accounting. To this day we are friends although he still likes to tease me every once in a while.

“CEO Choi?”

That sweet voice pulled me out of my reverie and I chastised myself for day dreaming, Ryeowook was looking at me with wide eyes, his mouth partially opened. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t tempted to kiss those pink lips.

“Yes?”

“Please disregard what happened earlier, I’m not normally like that.” He said entwining his fingers on the table; I could see his shoulders shaking. I felt bad, he probably thought I was going to fire him or something.

“Don’t worry about it. Awkward first meetings are the norm these days and it helps build a better working relationship.” I was lying through my teeth, what the hell was I spewing?

 It was worth it to see the relief on the young man’s face, a smile appeared and it was the most magical thing I’ve ever seen. My heart unexpectedly skipped a beat and I quickly stood up.

“I’ll get my assistant Donghae to show you to your cubicle so you can get started.” I blurted in a rush, this was so unlike me. Curse my thumping heart. Ryeowook got up and bowed as I left the presentation room with a puzzled expression on his face, he was probably wondering what the hell is wrong with me.

I reached my office and locked myself in there.

 

No One POV

Ryeowook walked quietly behind Donghae as the older man showed him around the office, chaos was still in the air but that didn’t stop the employees from gazing at the newbie, some were already smitten with the junior while others just thought he was good looking.

Ryeowook kept his eyes downcast, his cheeks hot, he wasn’t used to this much attention and wished they wouldn’t look at him so much. He even disliked it when Leeteuk’s friends paid too much attention to him but it couldn’t be helped, he supposed.

He wasn’t a mean person and couldn’t find it in his heart to tell them to stop looking at him. They would eventually stop giving him attention but he preferred they stop sooner rather than later.

“This is your cubicle.” Donghae said to him as they stopped in front of an empty cubicle space with 3 white thin dividers. On the desk was a desktop computer with a printer beside it and a single filing cabinet in the corner.

It was so simple, Ryeowook entered the space and smiled, finally his dream was coming true. He turned and bowed to Donghae.

“Thank you for showing me around.” Donghae grinned at the boys politeness and patted his shoulder.

“It was no trouble, you might wanted to get a chair from the storage room other than that if you need anything I’m two cubicles down.” He informed him before leaving Ryeowook to get settled.

Ryeowook sighed in contentment and promptly went in the direction of the storage room to get a chair. The younger male reached the storage room after receiving direction from a kind, heavy set man named Shindong.

He found it pleasant that all his co-workers were nice and easy to talk to, he opened the door and his mouth fell open in shock at what he just stumbled upon.

Moans and groans reached his ears as the couple finished their illicit act, Ryeowook kept a hand over his innocent eyes and coughed to get their attention.

“I’m sorry to interrupt; I just came to get a chair.” He said cautiously, hoping they wouldn’t yell at him to get out but in case he turned his body slightly.

“That’s okay and no need to be sorry. We were done anyway.” A cheery, breathless voice said followed by a grunt. The sound of clothes getting rearranged filled the room and then it went quiet.

Ryeowook assumed it was safe now and removed the hand from his eyes, although their clothing was neat, the two still had a case of bad hair. Wook had to suppress a giggle.

“Sorry you had to witness that. I’m Lee Sungmin,” the one with the cheery voice said.

“And this is my partner Cho Kyuhyun.” He gestured to the tall man beside him

“Nice to meet you I’m Kim Ryeowook.” Ryeowook smiled, bowing formally to the two males before him.

“Ah, so you’re the new guy. You have everyone in the office going gaga; you are way too cute to be working here.”

Ryeowook laughed off Sungmin’s statement with a shy smile; he examined Sungmin’s face and found him to be very pretty. Light brown hair, fair skin, high cheekbones in contrast to his partner Kyuhyun, dark brown hair, milky white skin and cheeks so squishy he wanted to poke them but he still gave off that manly visage.

“Time to get back to work.” Sungmin pulled on Kyuhyun’s arm and lead him to the door, Ryeowook moved to the side so they could get out.

“If anyone gives you a hard time, come straight to me or Kyuhyun and we’ll sort them out. See you later cutie!” Sungmin says with a wave and leaved the storage room with Kyuhyun in tow.

Ryeowook let out a laugh, he couldn’t believe his luck today. First, the incident with CEO Choi and then walking in on those two. Although everyone was nice about it, it was still a cringe worthy experience and he hoped that in the future there would be no more incidents like todays.

He sighed and proceeded to try every chair in the storage room until he found the perfect chair.

Hours later and it was time to go home, Ryeowook yawned once he was inside the elevator, and he wasn’t given much work today. He felt happy and grateful for the opportunity this job has given him.

He stepped out of the elevator and exited the building, breathing in the air of the late afternoon, he saw a familiar person leaning against it, and his sunglasses were reflecting the sun. Ryeowook recognised the man and smiled at him.

“Yesung-hyung, what are you doing here?” he asked the older male. Yesung was a friend of Leeteuk’s but also works for him too. Yesung ruffled his hair and opened the door to the limo.

“Leeteuk wanted me to come and get you, you’re parents have come back and have requested yours and Leeteuk’s presence.”

 

 

 

 

 

OMG!!! THE FIRST CHAPPY! 

ENJOY READING AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! 

(^_^)/