Chapter 2

The Bet ( KyuMin ver. )

KYUHYUN

" So, what's the plan? " Eunhyuk shyly whispers to me as tge teacher's aide, Mrs. Young, passes around the quiz sheet.

"First and last warning, boys, " Mrs. Young says, looking at us sternly. " Keep quiet and focus on the quiz "

Eunhyuk slumps lower in his chair, and I turn to my test.

I need a plan. But where do I start?

As I skim through the question, I grin inwardly beacause I actually know what the answer are.

Hmmm... First things first. I need to find a way to talk to her. Accidentally bumpingonto her wont cut it. What if I borrow something she owns? Not gonna fly either. What could she possibly have that i need?

I rack my brain furiously. I need to come up with an idea fast! I cant afford to waste a single day out of the one month deadline Eunhyuk impose on me. I twist around to glance at the clock at the back of the room and realize that I only have a few minutes left to answer the test before I needed to mosey on to Literature class.

Literature. Bingo!

Questionnaire in hand, I give my paper a once over and once I'm sure that i've nailed the answer, I stand up and walk towards Mrs. Young's desk.

" You seemquite pleased with yourself, Mr. Cho. Are you sure you want to pass that paper now? " she looks up to me with her spectacles.

I give her a smug wink and confidently put my paper hand on my answer sheet, settling it firmly on her desk.

 

SUNGMIN

 " can you please try to keep your voice down " I mutter under my breath, annoyed at the guy behind me.

I groan and look up at the ceiling. Honestly, I dont understand why some people even bother to go to school if they aren't going to pay attention in class. Well, whatever their agenda, i couldn't careless. Im here to actually learn something but this guy at the back obviously has other ideas. 

I twist around my chair, ready to give him a piece of my mind. But as soon as I swivel around, I find myself glaring at a pair of familiar eyes. Familiar beautiful eyes. They belong  to the guy who was staring at me yesterday.

Cho Kyuhyun

The retort freezes in my mouth. His eyes sort of twinkle as I try to speak.

" Problem " he nonchalantly asks but I cant come up with a single word. He feigns innocence before I turn around and attemp to focus on the discussion. I cant believe how unnerved I am at the sight of his eyes. While this might sound like an exaggeration, and even like a cliché, that jerk actually has nice looking eyes, the kind you can just drown in.

Limpid pools and some such nonsense.

And yes, you got that right. A jerk. You see I am close friends with his older sister, Cho Ahra. And the fact of the matter is, even she cant stand him. Thats how I know he is a jerk.

But still. Those eyes.

" Sungmin " Cristina mutters to my left.

" What? " I blink fast and see everyone staring at me. What now?

" Does that mean 'no' ? " Mrs. Coelho, our Literature Professor, asks with her eyebrows raised.

What is she talking about?

" Sorry, can you repeat that? " Good grief! I havent even said one word to that jerk and he's already getting me in trouble!

" Kyuhyun sasy he's having a hard time with the assigned reading, A Midsummer Nights Dream," she continues " and he kindly ask if someone could help him. Would you? You are the best in classbafter all "

It takes me more that a second to respond. Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no! How can I say no? Do I even have a choice in the matter

I heavena sigh of defeat. " yes. Okay, I think. "

" its all arranged, then. Set up a meeting after your classes," she instructs " and tutor him "

Turning around, I see Kyuhyun smiling mischievously, triumphantly even. He seems so proud of himself.

Whatever. I plan to get this task done, immediately. Im not about to be bothered with Kyuhyun's mischief. I glance back and he's still smiling that concieted little smile of his. When he catches me glaring at him, his facial expression pretends to listen to whatever Mrs. Coelho is saying.

Tutor Cho Kyuhyun in Literature. Fun... Not.