Chapter 3

The Bet ( KyuMin ver. )

SUNGMIN

"Hve you started reading A Midsummer Night's Dream?" I gesture to the book. " And what exactly dont you understand?" I repeat my question, and he turns his eyes to me quizzically, without uttering a word.

I feel momentarily paralyzed. Good God.

" Easy, Bunny! we've all the time in the world!" he reassures me. Kyuhyun skims over the over. I still cant help but wonder how he's Ahra's twin. How is it posible that they're even related? Its like an inexplicable joke of nature.

"you know" he says "I cant concentrate on an empty stomach. Let's grab a bite and then you canproceed to educate me." he stresses the word unnecessarily and winks at me. I start to protest but he cuts me off and says "Its on me."

As if thats going to seal the deal. I dont need his handouts. if anything, he needs me. Insulted, I stand and push my chair forward, not sayin a word.

As I start to walk away, he grabs my arm to stop me.

" I didn't mean to insult you." he pleads.

I take a deep breath before speaking.

" id you want my help, listen carefully." I say trough gritted teeth.

" first, let go of my arm.. he hesitanty let go. I cross my arms on my chest.

" second i didn't sign up for this. you're the one who needs me." i say ominously.

" so you can either drop the childish antics and actually learn something- or fail."

He raises both his hands in surrenderand doesn't say a word. he goes back to reading.

SUNGMIN - 1   DRAKE - 0

" okay, how about iread the chapter assigned for today, then I'll let you know if I there's something I have trouble with?" he suggest looking through the fringe across his eyes. I nod in agreement and turn to my own work.

Going home after school is sheer torture. thats parts of the reason why I didn't object Mrs. Coelho's request. Everyday is like a cage match between my parents. its didn't use to be to be this way. I kook wistfully out the library windiw and feel the familiar, painful pang in my chest.

NEVER AGAIN!