This Was A Mistake

Be With You

You stood infront of the receptionist counter and soon, a lady turned to you. Miss Jang Mi Yeon?? You nodded. I'm the one who called yesterday, my name is Jung Hyo Seon, but you can call me Hyo Seon." she reaches a hand to you. You smiled at her and bowed before shaking hands with her. "Nice to meet you Hyo Seon-sshi. You can call me Mi Yeon." She smiled too, it seems like you've made a new friend co-worker already. Hyo Seon led you to the 3rd floor into an office. There, you saw 3 familiar figures. It was the same people from the interview that day. You bowed and greet them. "Please take a seat." the one named Mr. Kang said. I bowed once again before sitting down. They gave you papers to sign and told you what you should do.

 

The lady named Mrs. Park passed me a cell phone and a laptop. You stared in confusion. You looked up at her and all she did was smile warmly at you. "Miss Jang, you're aware of what you had accepted yes?" Mr. Kang asked. I nodded, "Yes sir." He looked down onto a file and slid it over to me. "That's the informations you'll need to know before bonding with 'them'."

 

Hmm.. 'them' must refer to my co-workers. Yes? I wondered. The other guy stood up. "Please follow Mr. Jin." said Mr. Kang. All you did was nod and followed the quiet looking guy. You both went into the elevator and he pressed the 7th button. There, he led you to a small office. He told you to go inside and that's where you'll start your job. He then passed a nametag tto you before leaving. You approached the door and heard some noise inside. You quickly opened the door and saw 9 tall figures. You stared at them for a while before closing the door once again. What?? You inhaled and exhaled deeply once again before opening the door, again. There the 9 guys looked at you with a weird expression. Suddenly, someone broke the silence.

 

"Is there a problem Miss. Jang?" Mr. Jin asked. You looked at him and pointed to the 9 guys. "Who are they?" you asked. "You'll be working with them starting today. "Mwo? This is my office??" you increased your voice. The 9 guys suddenly broke into laughter and you just glared at them. Mr. Jin, who wanted to be addressed as 'Jin', ordered the 9 guys to go back to practice and closed the door behind him. He turned around and looked at you. "They're ZE:A, the artists you're supposed to be taking care of." he said. "What? Artists??" you asked in disbelief. He nods, "You applied for manager position didn't you? Then you should know this was coming!"

 

"I.. d-don't understand." you said and felt like your head was spinning around and you're getting slightly dizzy because of the situation. "You're standing on Star Empire Entertainment Industry right now, you had applied for manager position. Do I have to repeat that again??" he asked with annoyance. "Is this a mistake? I didn't apply for this!!" you said. "I'm sorry but you did. You applied for a manager position in the entertainment. And you WILL be working with those 9guys in there as their personal manager." he said.

 

"I'm sorry." you excused yourself and make your way to the Chairman's office. "I'm sorry to disturb you Mr. Kang." you apologized. He ordered you to come in and take a seat. "Is there a problem?" he asked. I nodded. "I believe there has been a mistake with everything." you said. "Pardon?" he said. "What I meant to say was, I believe I wasn't supposed to be here?" He looked at you. "Look, you applied for this entertainment and now you said you want to quit?" he asked furiously. "No sir, what I meant was-" before you could finish your sentence he cut you off. "Perhaps, Miss Jang, you were the one who had mistaken this as another entertainment industry?? I'll make this clear, this is a music industry with talented artists in this building." he pointed to his desk. I looked down in embarassment and apologized. "I'm sorry sir."

 

He sighed heavily before continuing. "I'm sorry, but I can't let you go." You looked up at him and asked, "Why sir?" He took out a file and placed it on the table. "You've already signed this contract being ZE:A's manager for the whole year. I'm afraid I can't help you. All you have to do is go with it and hope everything will end soon." You were speechless not knowing what you signed up for and quickly exited the office. You kept on blaming yourself for your foolish act without knowing you had applied for this. You can't turn back now.

 

Just as you were about to enter your 'so-called' office. Jin stopped you. "I'll introduce you to the guys." I nodded and lifted up my head. "Yeah." Jin opened the door and the 9 guys were practicing a dance. Jin clapped his hands and the practice was paused. Everyone turned to his attention. "Okay guys, today I'll introduce you to someone new." You stepped beside him and bowed. "This is Jang Mi Yeon, as of today, she'll be your new personal manager."