A New Start

Be With You

You fish for your keys in your purse with your free hand while the other holding to a box full of files, pencil holders, mugs and a nametag. You managed to open the door to your small apartment and placed the box on the table, lied down on the couch and just when you're about to drift off to Lala land, there was a knock on the door. You groaned in frustration and got up slowly to approach your door. You opened it and saw no one, just when you're about to close it, you noticed you had letters scattered on your door mat. You sighed heavily and noticed it was that day of the month again so you picked it up and walked into your apartment closing the door behind you. You checked your letters and saw a bill. Dear god. Here it goes again. "I need to find a job... and soon." you muttered to yourself.

 

The next day, you ate your breakfast while scanning through the newspaper in the vacancy column. You circled the jobs that you were interested in with a red marker. So you decided to start this afternoon.

 

You came out of the company and took out the newspaper you had this morning. You marked an 'X' on the circled one and pointed to another one. The same routine and again, you marked another 'X' on it. You looked at your watch and it showed that it was already 6.33pm. Did the day really went past just like that?? You thought. I guess I better go home and try again tomorrow.

 

You did and went to a total of 4 companies today, they gave you the same damn excuses that they had just hired somebody and I was a few minutes too late. It was so frustrating since they had the same excuses. You decided to stop for today and go home to rest.

 

You reached your apartment and picked up the newspaper on your door mat and entered the small apartment. You put down the newspaper on the kitchen counter and jumped on the sofa. It was a very tiring day to you, you check your cell phone and there wasn't any messages. Ahh... I'm such a loser. You fell asleep on the sofa after watching a drama that aired on the television and woke up having a backache.

 

I knew I shouldn't have watch that drama, you thought. You rubbed your neck and entered the kitchen to prepare your breakfast. You noticed the newspaper you brought home yesterday was still lying on the kitchen counter so you decided to read it. You scanned the local news and finally the vacancy column. Something caught your eye, it was another appealing job application. You thought at first, should I try it?? It's a manager position after all. It shouldn't be that hard. Since I'm well-organised and has a small-temper. You shook your head, who knows they'll reject me and say the same excuse like the other companies. You think about it the whole morning and finally decided. "OK! Let's go to this Star Empire Entertainment and try my luck!!" you pump your fist up in the air and shouted in your apartment.

 

 

That Afternoon...

You stared at the tall building in front of you with your mouth wide open. This must be one damn rich company. Oh well. Let's go!! You entered the building and was escorted to another room. There were others like you who looked way older and most of them were ahjussi's. You thought to yourself, they really want this manager position do they? You snapped out of your imagination at once when a lady called your name. You stood up  and followed behind her into another small room. There was 3people there, 2 men in suits and 1 well-dressed lady like those in the drama. I greeted them and sat down. It was such a long interview that made me nervous. Soon, the interview ended and they told me that I 'might' be contacted after a few days if I'm accepted to the entertainment. It was called, Star Empire Entertainment. A very unique name indeed. You smiled widely on your way home and by passers were even freaked out by your expression when they walk past by you think that you were a lunatic. You thought the interview went well so you decided to go to a bar to celebrate.

 

You groaned as you check you cell phone for the nth time this week. A week had passed and you were still waiting for the call. We're you rejected? We're you not good enough? Perhaps they found another one who had way better conditions than you did. May be they thought you were too young to take this position and just tried to make you happy by saying that they 'might' contact you. You were going insane. You had to do something fast and to keep your mind off that, you watched a marathon of korean dramas for two days straight, that is with a few breaks in between. That's it! You're tired of waiting and wanted your life to end. You wanted to make a phone call to the entertainment. Just when you picked up your cell phone, an unknown number popped out on the screen. You stared at it for a few seconds before answering it.

 

"Yeoboseyo?" you answered you cell.

"Hello? Is this Miss Jang Mi Yeon?" the other line said.

"Yes, this is her speaking."

"I've like to tell you that you've been accepted to work in Star Empire Entertainment."

"....."

"Hello? H-hello? Miss Jang? Are you there?"

"ARE YOU JOKING!?" you shouted at your phone.

"Uh-m... No miss, this is the truth. We weren't able to contact you these few days due to some difficulties in the company. We're very sorry about that."

"No no no!! It's okay!! Thank you. Th-ank you very much for the opportunity."

"Your welcome miss. We would like you to start working tomorrow please, at 7am. Please report yourself at the receptionist counter."

"Owh. O-kay. T-thanks."

"See you soon, Miss Jang. And congratulations."

"Th-thank you!!" you bowed even though you knew the person in the other line couldn't see you.

 

You screamed on the top of your lungs when you had just put down your cell phone. "I've been accepted! KYAAAAA! OMG OMG. I have to start working tomorrow! I'm so nervous!"