Decision

A Black Paradise in My Bad Day

Yoseob's POV

A few hours had past and it was now nighttime. Since I couldn't sleep, I decided to go search for them again. I went to my desk and quickly scribbled that I'd be gone on a sticky note and stuck it on Dongwoon's forehead. Then, I grabbed my sweater and headed out the door quietly.

As I walked I made sure to scan the area thoroughly. I heard the sound of footsteps trying to be silent but remained calm. It wasn't until I heard another set of footsteps quickening their pace that I did anything. From the back, I could make out a girl. The ugly lighting from the street lamp didn't help me to see her face. The other footsteps became a little louder. I could tell they were getting ready to circle around me. I wouldn't have ran to the girl if she hadn't been so close. She would've gotten involved anyways. 

As I reached her she started to speak.

"W-who's there?" I quickly covered so she wouldn't scream, talk, or even shout and attract more attention. I hid us in an alleyway. To my surprise, she wasn't even struggling. Instead, she was panting and starting to hyperventilate.

"Shh!!" I hushed her. I could see 7 shadows moving against the brick wall near the street lamp. I saw a face flash. I believe his name Hoyo or Hoya whatever it was, was Infinity or whatever their called. 'It's been too long…ughh being unable to recall things from a year ago makes me feel old…'

When I finally removed my hand from her face, I saw that she calmed down a bit.

"Sorry about that," I said. "They're gang is known to beat up random people. You should stay inside when it's dark. It's not safe."

"I-I" She started to speak but the words wouldn't form. Suddenly, she turned around to face me as I glanced up hoping Infinity or whatever left. After a minute or two, I felt someone's eyes boring into my face. I looked down to meet eyes with the girl. 'Woah, she's beautiful.' I thought. 'But of course I won't be telling her that.' I started to feel embarrassed under her brazen gaze so I cleared my throat to get her attention.

"Where's your street?" I asked her thinking about walking her home since it wouldn't be safe. "Are you listening?" I asked her again since she didn't reply.

"Huh?" She said puzzled.

"I said where's your street? I should at least walk you there."

"Oh uh…I can go by myself," She said as she turned around and started to walk away. Without thinking, I quickly grabbed her arm and pinned her against the wall. I could feel her breathing fanning my face and smelt vanilla, my favorite ice cream, which I guessed came from her shampoo or something. Whatever it was, it smelt yummy. But thinking about food brought me back to worrying about finding the guys. 'Did they eat yet?' I wondered. 'Oh well, I'll deal with her first. Then, I'll find the guys later.'

"See? You can't even defend yourself. Let me walk you. I'll find the guys later." 

"The guys?" I looked at her confused. 'Did I say that out loud?'

"Nothing," I replied quickly. Suddenly a fist came flying. I ducked before it came into contact with my face. 'Damn it. This girl it too distracting.' I swung my leg out and caught the guy's leg, causing him to fall.

I glanced up and saw that the other 6 had already circled us. I pulled the girl behind my back not wanting her to get hurt. I would've liked it better if she had quickly told me her street. If she had, she would most likely be home already and not involved in this mess.

The 6 came at me and I fought them off. I made sure to match their slow pace just so that they'd underestimate me. And because I didn't want to waste my energy fighting them. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the girl tackle someone's back. She hopped on as I kept dodging blows and occasionally hit them in random places. The guy she jumped on, Wonhoo or Woohyun I think, tried to pry her off his back and ended up spinning in circles trying to wiggle her off. Then, a scream came while I wasn't looking. Afraid it was the girl, I quickly knocked everyone out and ran towards her. I saw her pulling the hair off of his head and held back a chuckle as I knocked him out. The girl had some spunk. Before she could fall down with him, I caught her.

"Thanks," I said gratefully. I was too busy focused on the six that I had forgotten about the seventh. "Nae ireumeun Yoseobieyo, neoneun?" I introduced myself.

"Ne? Ahh Jieun ibnida," Jieun replied, bowing slightly. 'What a cute name…It suits her.' I thought.

"Listen, you're in danger. They've seen you with me and now they're most likely assuming you're dating me. It'll be dangerous. We've managed to stay out of the way for a year but it seems they want us back on the scene for some reason…" I tried to explain to her quickly but she gave me a confused look in response.

"Anyways, it'd be best if we stuck around together more often. It'd be easier to protect you."

"What kind of pick up line is this?!" I stared at her half amused and half intrigued. 'This stubborn girl. Trying to change the subject.'

"I've decided. If you refuse to tell me where you live, come to my house." I said half jokingly and half seriously.

"WHAT!?" She half screeched half yelled.

 

IU's POV


He'd given me ten minutes to think. I debated with myself. 'Should I go with him? What if he's correct?? Then if I wander around to find some place to stay those people will chase me forever and ever and ever… Ok, maybe that's a little exaggerated but…how could I go back home?! Where I'm not wanted?!' I paced a bit, completely forgetting about the cutie named Yoseob standing near me.

I ran my hands through my hair. My choices were either a) go home and most likely get beaten, sworn at, starved, and told how worthless I was and what a bastard child I am, b) get beaten, be sworn at, and possibly or ed, or c) follow a very cute, very hot, very handsome stranger to his house where he might show his true colors and beat me, swear at me, and possibly me. Out of my three choices, sticking with the very cute, very hot, and very handsome stranger seemed most appealing to me. For one, my mom would definitely not go easy on me. For two, getting hurt by her words would probably do more damage to me than anything else. For three, I already half knew the stranger who had told me his name and protected me. And for four, the thought of getting ed repulsed me more than just getting itself. Plus, it's not like I'll ever have anyone special to love me who I'd give my first time to.

"Ok," I sighed. "I've decided." He raised his eyebrows as a message to go on. "I'll go with you." If he was surprised, it didn't show. In fact, he was expressionless. I could barely see his signal for me to follow him as he turned and started to walk. We walked in silence for a good 7 minutes, yes, I was counting, until he spoke.

"Um…just so you know, my 5 other hyungs live with me…" he said quietly. My eyes widened. 'What if they me?! Or torture me?!' I made a move to run away but his voice stopped me.


"As I don’t rest and keep running a little bit more, a little bit more
It feels like it will come before my eyes, that’s what I believe
Snap out of it please, snap out of it – everything becomes faint
And I lose my focus but I hear your voice calling my name

[Jogeumman deo aju jogeumman deo swiji anko dallyeo gada bomyeon
Nunape pyeolchyeo jilgeotman gata geureoke mitgo isseo nan
Jeongsincharyeo jebal jeongsincharyeo modeun ge huimihaejigo
Jungsimeul irheodo nal bureuneun ne moksoriga deullyeo]


Ain’t no light, what I hear is a gunshot
Under the black sky, the scream and shout spreads
Making my body and head cold like ice
Even though my breath is running out, I keep runnin

[Ain’t no light, deullyeooneun sorineun gunshot
Geomeun haneul arae ullyeo peojineun scream & shout
Momgwa meorineun chagapge cold like ice
Sumi kkeutkkaji cha ollado keep runnin]"


He looked back at me somewhat embarrassed.

"Please, don't run away…I've spent all day looking for 4 of my currently missing friends and I haven't found them anywhere. Honestly, I'm exhausted. Mentally, of course. I'd get it if you didn't trust me but seeing how you didn't choose to go home, something bad must be happening. Something worse than following a stranger, whose last name you don't even know, home. I don't want to spend the time I could be looking for my friends chasing after you to keep you safe. I would like it if you believed me. You were even the first person I've sang to…" He said his last sentence quietly. A moment of silence passed before I began to talk.

"Your voice…" I began to speak.

"Huh?"

"Your voice is amazing. I'm glad to have the privilege of being the first to hear it." I said not knowing what to say in response to the beginning of his monologue.

"I-" he hesitated. "I still haven't finished the song or worked out the kinks and where everything goes but…if you'd like…if you're still with me that is…when I finish it, you can be the first to hear it," he said looking down embarrassed. 'How cute!!' I squealed inside my head.

"I'd love to be the first," I replied with a smile. "I can't say that I'll believe you fully or trust you fully but I'll try. You don't seem so bad," I said with a chuckle. He gave me a smile that almost melted me in return.

 

Maybe moving in with him and his buddies won't be so bad. Hopefully, his buddies are as nice as he his or nicer. But considering just how kind he is, I doubt his friends'll be the bad kind.