Half of a Nightmare

A Black Paradise in My Bad Day

Yoseob's POV

Leaving Dongwoon, I rushed down the stairs and out the door. I looked left and right but they were nowhere to be seen. 'Where could they have gone?' I ran to the park, the gym, and the junkyard and I still couldn't find them. An hour and a half had already passed as I kept looking. I decided to head back since Dongwoon hated being left alone for a while.

After I reached the mansion, I realized that they might be at school. 'But they wouldn't go there without telling Woonie and I…' Frustrated, I messed up my hair. What if they were in danger or trouble? I sighed. I just had to hope that they'd be fine.

"Dongwoon-ah!" I yelled from the kitchen.

"Ne, hyung?" Dongwoon said as he walked down the stairs.

"Call your other hyungs and find out where they are," I said while pouring me some orange juice. Dongwoon came up to me yawning.

"Hyung? Are we not going to school?"

"No, it's already-" I glanced at my watch. "-seven-fifty-six," I replied. "I'll call us in sick."

"But hyung wouldn't that be suspicious? All six of us sick? Everyone knows we hang out together too."

"Ara I know, but maybe they'll think that since we hang out so much, we all caught a cold or whatever sickness it is that we supposedly caught."

"Ah, I see. Hehe my smart hyung," he said with a smile as he ruffled my hair.

"Ah yah!! You know how much I hate that! Geumanhae! Stop it! Ah hajima!!" I complained as he kept ruffling my hair.

"Arasso hyung," he finally said and left the kitchen laughing.

"Remember to call your other hyungs!!" I yelled.

"Ne!!!"

I was starting to feel the soreness from my run earlier this morning so I decided to take a nap.

We were running. It was dark outside and I was trying hard to see where things were and where I, myself, was. I tried to stop but I couldn't control my legs. To my left, I saw Junhyung shouting and screaming for me to duck; I did. But right before I did I saw him get shot down. I wanted to scream out but I couldn't. I wanted so much to stop and help him but my legs were out of my control. I felt a chill run through my body and I stopped thinking for a minute. Then it was like my brain thawed as a river does, and thoughts came rushing back. 'Damn it, damn it, damn it!!' I thought.

To my right, Doojoon fell face first, a gun rested on his temple. I concentrated even more to try and stop but nothing worked. He was shot. I couldn't scream, shout, cry or anything. 'This has to be a dream. Now, wake up!! WAKE UP!!!'

I finally awoke to someone shaking me.

"-UNG!! HYUNG!! YOSEOB HYUNG!!" A startled Dongwoon looked down at me. I was breathing heavily; my heart was racing. Lyrics raced through my mind.


'Ain’t no light, what I hear is a gunshot
Under the black sky, the scream and shout spreads
Making my body and head cold like ice
Even though my breath is running out, I keep runnin

[Ain’t no light, deullyeooneun sorineun gunshot
Geomeun haneul arae ullyeo peojineun scream & shout
Momgwa meorineun chagapge cold like ice
Sumi kkeutkkaji cha ollado keep runnin]'


"Hyung! Are you ok??!!" He asked looking at me worriedly. I quickly looked at my watch. I'd been sleeping for around two hours. I nodded my head.

"Hyung, the other hyungs aren't here yet…and they didn't answer their phones…do you think…"

"They're fine," I replied. "They have to be." I said as I took a deep breath.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry, it's short!! I'll try to write a long one for the next chappie!! I'm being strangled by homework...it just hates me haha