Two Bad Mornings

A Black Paradise in My Bad Day

IU's POV

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! I groaned. This was the third time it went off. I guess I should start getting ready. I got up and off my bed heading for the bathroom. Before I could even make it half way I tripped over my foot and fell. Thud! I made a huge crashing noise and waited for my parents to come check on me. Nope; nothing. I sighed. I knew they wouldn't care anyways. I got up but not before wincing. I inspected myself. I most likely bruised my hip and injured my wrist a bit. 'Ughh what a bad way to start the day.'

After I finished dressing and washing up, I grabbed my iPod and the papers sprawled on my desk and threw them into my bag. I was feeling especially lazy today and didn't want to sort them up before putting them in neatly. I felt like I was forgetting something then remembered my glasses. I didn't need them everyday but sometimes they help me see better. Whenever I'm stressed I usually get dizzy so the glasses help focus my vision.

I quickly tied my hair in a messyish bun and went downstairs to find some breakfast. As i looked for my parents, I found mom drunk on our couch yelling at the TV and my workaholic dad sipping coffee occasionally shoving some papers into his briefcase. 'Great, now I've lost my appetite.'

Putting on my converses, I headed out the door. I walked slowly down the road to school. The only sounds I hear are my footsteps and their echoes. I take my iPod out and put my headphones in. 'Urgh!! Why isn't my iPod charged?! I had it charging all night!' I sighed. Today was going to be a bad day, I knew it.

As I neared the school I bumped into someone. My hip ached. I groaned while mumbling an apology and kept walking. Soon, the bell for first hour rang. Our teacher Ms. Kang told us to take out our essay that was due today. I reached into my bag shuffling through all the homework assignments I had. It wasn't there. Panicked, I dumped the contents in my bag onto my desk. 4 notebooks, 3 pencils, 2 erasers, and random sheets of homework fell out. I shuffled through all the homework sheets that lay scattered across my desk; some were on the floor. 'Ughh…I knew I shouldn't have just thrown everything in there…' I shoved everything back in and walked up to the front. Today is really going to be a bad day, huh…

"Seonsaengnim…I left my homework at home…is it possible for me to turn it in tomorrow?" She sighed.

"It would be fine except I'll be counting it as late. And you know that points are deducted from late homework, right?" This time I sighed.

"Ne…"

"Perhaps, I could excuse it. I mean, you always turn in your homework. And you have a 4.0 in this class. But just this once alright?"

"Ne!!" I said with a little more enthusiasm. Maybe today wouldn't be so bad after all? Hopefully it will go smoother then this morning.

 


Yoseob's POV (Before School 2:32 AM)


I woke with a start. This was the fourth time this week I'd had a nightmare. I looked to my left. Junhyung was sleeping peacefully. His legs were all over my side of the bed and all the blanket was tugged over to his side.

Across the room, Kikwang and Hyunseung were tangled up in each other. Their hands pushing into each other's faces unknowingly. Dongwoon was smiling in his sleep as his hyung, Doojoon, most likely from Dongwoon pushing him off, lay sprawled on the floor. It seems that he had not forgotten to bring his pillow down with him. I felt bad for the pillow. Doojoon had a death grip when he slept. We all played Rock Paper Scissors, besides Doojoon of course, to see who'd have to share a bed with him.

I got up off our bed and walked to the kitchen. We, Doojoon, Hyunseung, Junhyung, Kikwang, Dongwoon and I, lived in a mansion. Our parents had died in an airplane crash 3 years ago. We all knew each other then, and we know each other even more now. Which is why we prefer to stay close to each other. It comforts us.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. I chugged it all down and decided to go for a run. As I ran, lyrics popped into my head.

 

'As I don’t rest and keep running a little bit more, a little bit more
It feels like it will come before my eyes, that’s what I believe
Snap out of it please, snap out of it – everything becomes faint
And I lose my focus but I hear your voice calling my name

[Jogeumman deo aju jogeumman deo swiji anko dallyeo gada bomyeon
Nunape pyeolchyeo jilgeotman gata geureoke mitgo isseo nan
Jeongsincharyeo jebal jeongsincharyeo modeun ge huimihaejigo
Jungsimeul irheodo nal bureuneun ne moksoriga deullyeo]'

 

I'd been running for at least three hours now. My legs were burning and I knew I was going to be sore tomorrow. I checked my watch and the time was 5:45 AM. I guess I better head back. As I turned, a punch hit me in the face. Then another in my gut. 'Damn. I thought they'd leave us alone.'

I quickly ducked, avoiding the next blow. Swinging my fist, I hit my assaulter in the stomach. Then kicked him in the back of the knees and pulled on his hair to look up at me.

"Aye, how did I know it was gonna be you," I said. Wooyoung looked up at me with hate. His gang hated us for some reason. Maybe it was just because.

"Tch, and I thought I almost had you," he spat near my feet.

"What do you want." I asked, well more like demanded. I didn't want to be involved with them anymore. The rest of the gang and I agreed that we'd stop our fighting with other gangs. We'd decided that nearly a year ago after realizing our parents wouldn't have wanted us to be like this. We started becoming gangsters or delinquents, whichever you prefer, around a year after our parents passed. Even though we were only on the "field" for only about a year, we became the top, strongest, and most known gang of them all. People called us the Beasts or just Beast from the merciless way we fought.

"A fight. Isn't that obvious?" He said.

"Where's the rest of your gang?" I raised a brow, scanning the area. 'Oh ! They can't be at the mansion can they?!' I took off running but not after I hit Wooyoung's pressure point, knocking him out.