Two: I can't make it

As Long As You Love Me

At lunch, Chanyeol opted a seat next to Jongin, smiling widely like he was the happiest person alive. Seeing and hoping that it would be just a cool lunch time with Jongin alone or with his 'cool' friends. Jongin smiled at him in return while chewing on his own lunch.

After a few minutes, the seats next to Chanyeol were taken by this tall, lanky boy with his hair bonde, spiking up it's way to the sky. He gave Chanyeol asly smile before turning to Baekhyun on his other side. Chanyeol only smiled back as he munch on his delisious sandwich. 

"He, soo, babe!" Jongin called. Waving his hand to the boy he had called earlier in history class. The boy smiled widely at Jongin before dragging another boy who had his black benie hat on wearing his glasses. Chanyeol watched the boy as he was dragged by the other, Cute. He thought, before realising that it was his roommate, Luhan. He shuddered at his own thoughts, looking back at his own lunch.

"Soo! " Baekhyun shouted as the said boy took a seat next to Jongin, pulling Luhan next to him so the boy who had his head down would seat. 

"Baek! Look at little Lulu! He doesn't want to eat lunch!" Kyungsoo said, pouting as he hugged Luhan.

"He doesn't want to eat or he doesn't have money to get one?" Baekhyun asked as he took out his wallet out of his bag. Luhan shook his head placing his bag on the empty seat in between him and Baekhyun. "You've not been eating lunch for days! It's not good."

"No! I'm not hungry anyway." He said before pouting to himself, not wanting the pout to be obvious.

"Well! Guys! From now on this guy, Chanyeol will be seating with us at lunch!" Jongin announced. "And Chanyeol, this is Kyungsoo." He leaned close to Chanyeol and whispered. "My roommate/Boyfriend." He gave the giant a wink before contineuing. "Baekhyun, Sehun and of course you know this little cute deer, Luhan. He's probably the first student you met." Chanyeol watched the said boy pursed his lips before smiling at him. 

"Hi." Chanyeol waved them with his free hand before turning back to his lunch.

The table went silent for a minute as they all were busy eating and finishing their lunch. But it was finally broke boy Luhan's soft voice almost as a whisper.

"G-guys?" He said rubbing his arm nervously. Chanyeol heard that annoying voice and ignored it, so did the others. "Guys." He repeated, sounding a little louder than before. Baekhyun who was busy checking himself out on his phone, turned to the deer-like boy with  a questioning hum.

"What's up, hyung?" Sehun asked, looking up from his phone. Soon, the other did the same. Except for Chanyeol, he was soon nudged by Jongin and quickly snapped his head up with an annoyed look. 

"You remember Kris, right?" They all nodded. "Uhm. He's gonna visit Korea during the semester break. And-" He gulped. He's face turned pale just by the thought of his older brother being in town. 

"And?" Baekhyun asked, wanting the pale boy to continue. 

"Well, I-uh. I can't join you guys for that trip in Namsan." He pouted looking down at his fingers. "I have to accompany him and guide him here. S-sorry." He pursed his lips, looking up at everyone in the table.

"Oh come on! He's old enough to take care of himself. You have to join, you promised." Luhan turn back to his fingers, playing with it. 

"And yeah, well just tell him you planned to stay with us at Namsan for the smester break. I'm sure he'll understand." Kyungsoo said gently to the fragile boy next to him, tryung to convince him.

"No, you don't know how sensetive he gets and how he is when things doesn't go his way."Luhan answered softly.

"I'll talk to him okay hyung? He likes me, doesn't he?" The deer-like boy snapped his head up to Sehun and shook his head furiously.

"No, no, no. You can't. he won't let me pass without anything in return, or maybe a punishment." 

"Well, why do you guys bother? Let him go then." Chanyeol suggested, but was ignored by Kyungsoo and Jongin and glared by Sehun and Baekhyun.

 "Well, just give him what he wants. And his punishment wouldn't be so cruel, right? He's your brother after all. He wouldn' hurt you." Jongin said.

"No, It think Luhan shouldn't come, let him spend time with his hyung." Baekhyun said, taking Luhan's hand in his, squeezing it to reassure the boy. Luhan looked up at him with a weak smile, thanking him. Baekhyun knows what would happen to the poor boy if his brother gets mad, he knows but he couldn't do anything to help. He was weak himself, too. Since the day Luhan and Baekhyun met, they became as close as one, Luhan would cling to his bestfriend like his life depended on the other. And when Sehun came, he treated Luhan as his little brother, although the latter was much older than him. 

Luhan had told Baekhyun and Seungri, his old roommate, who had found him with big cuts and wounds that were bleeding on the night of the Christmas eve, he had told both what his parents and his brother did to him.  It was the first time, in Luhan's so called 'life', that he ever told anyone at all. Baekhyun and Seungri had promised him that they would keep it a secret, even to their maknae, Sehun.

"Why are so afriad of him?" Jongin asked. Luhan only kept his head down not wanting to answer the question that had been thrown at him, he lifted his head pleading for Baekhyun's help.

The boy next to Sehun cleared his throat at the silence and went. "Since, Luhan can't make it, Why don't you come along, Handsome?" Baekhyun suggested while looking at Chanyeol, leaning in to the table almost pushing Sehun off it. Sehun pushed the smaller harshly looking mad. 

"Well, we practically don't need any replacement." Sehun said glaring at Chanyeol before turning to Baekhyun with an angry look. 

"Of course we do! We booked three hotel rooms!" Kyungsoo who's head was leaning at Jongin's firm shoulder, snapped. He lift up his fingers, showing three digits. "Me and Jongin, You and Baekhyun and Luhan!" He said pointing to each finger. "But since Luhan's not coming, Chanyeol would be good replacement."

"Wouldn't it be like we're replacing our hyung? You made it sound like Chanyeol is the new friend and we'll just throw the oldest?" Sehun said, with his face blank. He got up with his bag clung on to his shoulders before asking. "Where's Luhan hyung?"

"Oh, he slipped. He always do. To the Library I guess." Baekhyun said playing with Sehun's fingers. The taller pulled his hand harshly looking mad before taking off. "Where are you going?"

"Finding Hyung." He said waving off.

"Oh! Baekkie! You crush is jealous!"

"I know. Haha! It shows a lot. I mean his actions. It tells me that my crush isn't one-sided."

------------------------------

"Hyung?" Sehun called while walking pass the classes. To his surprise, he heard a low sob, almost girlish but it sounded more like a little boy crying. He went into the locker room only to find Luhan sitting on a bench covering his face with his hands. "Hyung?" Sehun ran and knelt down infront of the older and asked. "What happened?"

The older shook his head before replying. "Nothing, Sehun-ah. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to you birthday celebration. I'm a bad hyung." He pouted.

"Aw hyung. But why can't you just come?"

"I don't want to make Kris mad."

"Ok, ok. Don't cry anymore okay Hyung?" He soothed the small boy before pulling him into a tight hug. "I love you hyung."

"I love you too, Sehun-ah. You're the best brother anyone could ever have." Luhan replied, muffling the last sentence as  gripped on Sehun's shirt, burying his face at the younger's chest.
It wasn't long until they heard a loud thud on the floor, it was a bottle that had fallen out of nowhere.

"W-what was that?" Luhan asked as he got up, trying to show the younger his braveness. Although he loved how terribly good and protective the younger was towards him, he hated the fact the Sehun looked at him as though he wasn't brave enough to take good care of himself.

"It's just a bottle, hyung. Don't worry." Sehun said pulling the shorter near so he could peck his tample.

--------------------------------

"I love you hyung."

"I love you too, Sehun-ah." Baekhyun couldn't catch the smaller's last words, but he was to angry to try and listen, too broken to even think his bestfriend, Luhan would take away his only life. Baekhyun had been crushing on the younger for a few years since they met. It wasn't considered as aa crush now, he was totally in love with the boy, he knew it when he felt his heart ache seeing Sehun holdin Luhan instead of him.
 

Oh so it was a one-side crush. I thought he liked me too. I hate Luhan sometimes! I'll make him- Wait Baek, the poor boy has gotten too much stuff on his shoulders, don't let your hate bring the little deer down. It's not his fault.

Baekhyun was snapped out of his thoughts when he accidentally dropped a bottle of cream. He quickly ran to his dorm, closing the door behind him before leaning against it, placing his hands on his chest while sobbing terribly. He jumped to his bed covering himself with the comforter and he slowly drifted off to slumber.