Nervous

Something Like Us

JUNGGIGO

There is no other way to say it... I'm nervous.

I'm shaking all over and I can't control myself. I really need to calm down because the recording for my first performance with Soyou in MCountdown is about to begin. 

Why am I so nervous anyway? I've performed a lot of times and I'm more comfortable with Soyou now. We've gotten closer this past week since we saw each other almost everyday to prepare for our live performances at different music shows.

I looked at Soyou, who was being powdered and combed here and there by two coordinators, she didn't look nervous at all. She looked at me and probably sensed that I was nervous so she gave me a comforting smile and mouthed, "fighting!".

Soyou is really different from the girls I've met. She's not cutesy and not a snob either even though she's very famous. She's a bit off a tomboy, she's also easy going and very thoughtful. She's amazing.

Thinking about Soyou helped me calmed down a bit but my initial nervousness is still there. I took a deep breath and started walking towards the stage.

 

SOYOU

"You all worked hard! Thank you for your hard work!" I said while bowing to the staff as Junggi oppa and I made our way to the van.

The recording for our first live performance was a success. I looked at Junggi oppa who was also bowing to the staff members and thanking them for their hard work.

He noticed that I was looking at him so he asked me, "what?".

"You were nervous!" I teased. I laughed at his embarrased reaction. "It's okay oppa, that was our first performance so it's natural that you feel a little bit nervous".

"I'm not nervous about the performance..." Junggi oppa said.

"Then why were you shaking so badly before we went up the stage?"

"I just feel pressured to do well Soyou. All of the collaborations you did, you got number one and stayed number one for weeks. I don't want to jinx your winning streak"

"Don't worry oppa," I reassured him. "I'm sure the people will love our song" I said smiling at him. 

And I was right. 

Some just won first place on MCountdown and here I am with Junggi oppa on stage delivering our thank you speech which we didn't prepare in advance because we thought we weren't going to win!

"Kamsahamnida!" we both said in unison and bowed to the audience.