First Meeting

Something Like Us

SOYOU

"Ms. Soyou?"

"Yes Mr. Lim?"

"About your latest project..."

"Ah yes, I've already listened to the song"

"That's great because we're going to start recording two days from now. The lyrics are already done and all we need is to schedule a recording with Mr. Junggi"

"Mr. Junggi?"

"He's going to be your partner for this project. He's a bit unknown but he's a great singer and he even helped write some of the lyrics. He's 12 years older than you though. Here take this and practice at your dorm"

"What's this Mr. Lim?"

"That's the lyrics for your song. I have to go now. Goodbye Ms. Soyou"

"Goodbye Mr. Lim"

I left the office and called Jungwoo oppa, my manager, to pick me up.

While I waited for him to arrive, I read the lyrics that Mr. Lim gave me. I also listened to the demo of the song.

"Ah this song is really nice and sweet," I thought to myself.

Jungwoo oppa arrived after half an hour. "Sorry for keeping you waiting Soyou, Mr. President talked to me"

"It's okay oppa, what did he tell you?"

I climbed into the car and put on my seatbelt.

"He gave me your schedule for your new project and he also told me who your partner will be. His stage name is Junggigo but his real name is Go Junggi and he's bit older than you"

"Ah, is that so..."

It seems that everyone is telling me that my partner is old. I wonder how he looks like? Mr. Lim told me he's 12 years older so he must be at his mid-thirties? He probably looks like an old korean singer not like the young idols I usually meet backstage during music shows.

 

JUNGGIGO

"Mr. Junggi, you're here already?" Mr. Lim said as he walked inside the studio.

"Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Lim, yes I got here a little bit early"

"Ms. Soyou is already on her way. She'll be here in a few minutes"

"Great"

Honestly, I'm nervous. It's my first time working with an idol and I'm even more nervous because she's from SISTAR, one of the most popular and iest girl groups right now.

I calmed myself by taking a deep breath and going over my lines.

The door opened and a mesmerizing girl came into the room. My heart beat became faster and I couldn't stop looking at her.

She looked at me with shock but then she smiled politely and bowed. Why did she look so surprised?

"Annyeonghaseyo" she greeted.

I got up from the couch that I was sitting on and greeted her back. 

"Should we begin recording?" Mr. Lim asked.

"Yes" Soyou and I said at the same time. 

We looked at each other and laughed. Mr. Lim smiled and guided us into the booth. The atmosphere is comfortable and my initial nervousness is gone.

I do hope I can concentrate on singing and stop thinking about this y girl next to me.

 

SOYOU

I faced the handsome man sitting on the couch. He looked up from the sheet of paper he was reading and I greeted him politely.

Is this Mr. Junggi? He doesn't look like the man that I expected. He looks like he's in his twenties and he's so... y.

I didn't realize I was greeting him with a shocked face so I quickly composed myself and smiled at him. 

He greeted me back and he looked at me straight into the eye. His eyes look so mysterious and y.

Get it together Soyou! You need to concentrate on the recording! I mentally scolded myself.

"Should we begin recording?" Mr. Lim asked.