Awkward

Something Like Us

SOYOU

"Soyou wake up..."

"Hmmm?"

"I said wake up!" Jungwoo oppa shouted as he shook me.

"Aish! Oppa, why are you waking me up early today? I don't have any schedules!" I said, burying my head under my pillow.

"You have to go to the practice room today, you need to practice for your performance"

"What performance?" I asked irritatedly. I really want to sleep right now! I was so tired from shooting a cf with my fellow members last night.

"Your performance with Mr. Junggi!"

That woke me up.


JUNGGIGO

"Stop!" the choreographer shouted.

"I want to feel love between you too! Mr. Junggi, when you get up from the chair, look at Ms. Soyou okay? And Ms. Soyou, can you smile sweetly, not awkwardly at Mr. Junggi when you sing? You both look so awkward with each other!"

I sighed. It's really awkward between Soyou and me. I personally think that choreographing our performances is a bit too much. Wouldn't the people like us if we just simply sang? But I guess it's different when you perform in a mainstream music show which is broadcasted, not only in South Korea, but all over the freaking world!

I'm a bit nervous, I admit. I'm not used to this kind of thing. I've always been used to performing for a small audience in a cozy bar somewhere in Hongdae.

"Why don't we all take a short lunch break then we can continue later, okay?" the choreographer suggested.

"I have an even better idea!" Mr. Lim exclaimed out of nowhere. I didn't notice he was in the room. I was concentrating too much on our performance and trying my best to look at Soyou without forgetting the lyrics and... blushing.

"How about Ms. Soyou and Mr. Junggi have lunch together? That way they can get to know each other and become comfortable with each other?" Mr. Lim suggested. He smiled, a little too enthusiastically. I couldn't help but smile back.

"I think that's a wonderful idea Mr. Lim!" our choreographer sang.

"Yeah, sure. I think lunch together would be great. If that's okay with you Ms. Soyou?" I looked at her.

"Of course" she replied and smiled at me genuinely, her first real smile this morning.

My heart skipped a beat.

"That's what I'm looking for! See that! I want the two of you to be just like that! Ah, I can feel your chemistry!" our choreographer cheered.

I couldn't look away from Soyou.

 

SOYOU

"So Ms. Soyou, what would you like to eat?" Junggi asked as I read the menu.

"Please just call me Soyou and can I call you oppa?" I told him.

Junggi seemed a little flustered when I said the word oppa.

"Sure" he replied smiling at me.

We ordered and waited for our food to arrive. I looked at Junggi oppa. He was busy admiring the black and white photos framed on the wall. He really doesn't look like his age. He looks so young and handsome and ... y.

He suddenly looked at me and our eyes met just for a second. I immediately looked away, blushing because he caught me staring at him. 

An awkward silence followed. Good thing the waiter arrived with our food and we began eating.

We ate while we talked. I found out a few things about him and he also found out a few things about me as well. Our lunch together was very pleaseant and we're definetly more comfortable with each other now.

I bet our choreographer will be satisfied with our performance now.