prologue one

Forbidden Love
Prologue One
Coup D'état

 
My story started 16 years ago. 'Twas a snowy night when I was a young mortal vampiress in the age of 4. I was playing happily in my bedroom with my mother, the mate of the Great Vampire Capulet - Duke of Neo Lunia. My best friend, 7-year-old Kim An Ha was there with me.  We were telling stories and playing tickle fights... It all seemed to be perfect.

"Ahh! Anha unnie! Stop tickling me!" I shrieked as I tried to kick her as an attempt to stop her from torturing me. She could only giggle and place her hands on her hips.

"Uh-uh-uh... You're gonna get that for giving me that cricket last week, Lindsay de Capulet!" she giggled and we continued to enjoy ourselves. My mother sat on a random chair by the bed and chuckled as we played.

Yes. Lindsay Fiammatta Arst de Capulet was my full name. My mom usually calls me Lin.

I was a born-vampire, Crown Princess of Neo Lunia. My father was Lord Capulet, the Great Vampire. He and my mother were the Duke and Duchess who ruled the beautiful lands of Lunia.

Our joyful chat was interrupted by the sudden sound of a distant roar. "Intruders!" "Werewolves!" “Montague!” the guards shouted, alarming my mother. Those shouts were soon replaced by screeches, howls, and clanks of weapons.

Suddenly, my bedroom door swung open, revealing Mr. Kim, Anha's father and our most trusted man, with a sword occupied in his hand. "We must go, My Lady! The Montagues have arrived!"

My mother nodded and stood up. "Stay here, girls. Anha, take care of my daughter," she told us before dashing outside the room with Mr. Kim.

My heartbeat quickened as blood rushed in my veins. Anha scooted closer to me and pulled me into her embrace. She caressed my hair. "Shh... Calm down, Lin-ah… Everything will be alright."

"I'm scared..."a tear rolled down from my eyes. Anha kept on trying to coax me.
 
After a few minutes, the noise had died down, but my mother hasn't returned yet. So Anha decided to take me out of the room and start searching for her.

As we walked down the hall, I kept holding my friend's hand, praying for my dear life. Another tear rolled down my cheek as I sniffled softly. Anha turned to me.

"Milady, please don't cry. I promise I'll find your mother as soon as I can," she asked me softly.

A loud screech broke the dead silence in the halls, and it was coming from the main living room. What worried me even more was the sound seemed that it was coming from a female. When I had started to panic, Anha had gasped and dragged me quietly towards the room before I could do so. We peeked from outside the doors, and we were shocked to see what happened.

Huge grey wolves filled the massive living room, with one black wolf in a slight bigger size facing my father. They were probably as big as the wolves in Twilight, and their eyes were pure bright scarlet red. Much of to my shock and horror, my mother has had her head sliced off, lying limp on the floor beside the fireplace, and her blood was forming a pool under her own body.

"I will put an end to the House of Capulet tonight. When the dawn breaks, the people will call the name 'Montague' as their new king," the black wolf growled at my father.

My father was being held back by two werewolves in their human form. He hissed at the wolf, Montague. "Do you think you could even fulfill the will of the Tree of Life!?" he tried to lunge forward, but the wolves were too strong even with my father's enhanced strength.

"The Tree of Life, you said? That tree is nothing but an old willow!"

And with that, Montague pounced at my father and bit his neck. With a loud crack, my father's head displaced from his body.

I gasped at this. But I was so naïve as a young girl, I shouted out of the silence. "Father, what's wrong?" I blurted out. I had the urge to run and hug my deceased parents, but Anha had a strong grip against my small wrist and pulled me into her embrace. "Don't shout! They'll find us!" she whispered to me, but it was all too late.

"Who's there?" a wolf guard barked. We took this as a cue to run away in fear. "Kill them all. The House of Capulet must fall tonight," I heard that Montague said. The next thing I heard was paw steps coming towards us.

Adrenaline rushed in my veins. I ran and ran for my dear life. But we were too young and weren't fast enough to outrun the wolves. Soon enough, we were surrounded by grey wolves, way bigger than our young and tiny bodies. They growled menacingly at us, circling around us a few rounds. I held onto Anha's hand in fear and hid behind her arm. Tears threatened to fall and my face was in a shade of dark red.

Suddenly a stone hit one of the wolves' head and distracted him. A young vampire boy kicked the wolf's head with enough strength to knock him down. He was Kim Jun Myun or Suho, Anha's older twin brother. Mr. Kim and his fellow vampire guards appeared shortly behind with the vampire guards, fighting the wolves off.

"Anha! Are you alright?" Suho asked her. She nodded. "I'm fine. We have to get out of here."

Mr. Kim finished off the last wolf and turned to us. He descended to my level. "Lady Lindsay, we must flee and hide immediately," he told me, reaching out his hand for me. I grabbed it and he swiftly lifted me up, carrying me on a piggyback. "Junmyun, lead us to the firebirds!" he ordered, and Suho obliged.

And before I knew it, we were dashing towards the closest gate, which led to a bridge where huge golden phoenix-like birds known as ‘firebirds’ were waiting for us.

Mr. Kim had to lower me unto the ground as he readied the firebirds. But then I slipped off the bridge ledge and fell into a steep cliff, screaming for help as I did.

"UNNIE!! JUNMYUN!! SOMEBODY! HELP ME!!"
 
Was I going to die? Is this nightmare really going to end that soon? Was I going to be reunited with my parents in another world?

Suddenly I was pulled up by a hand, which was Mr. Kim on his firebird. Suho and Anha were riding together on another firebird.

And just like that, we made our escape from the castle.

My father and mother were killed, beheaded in one cold night. Now, Lord Montague, the Great Werewolf had taken over the city.

…And me? I was no longer the Crown Princess of Neo Lunia... or was I? Is there still hope for the Capulet to rise again?
 
Author's note:
Hello! This is the first prologue of the story.. This tells the beginning of Lindsay's life...
Subscribe, comment, and upvote, please