Chapter 4

Don't Call Me Juliet

 

Today is an exciting day for her, in addition she was got a good exam score and she also received message from Yonghwa oppa via short message. Although only gives a news, but the words felt so warm for her. She missed her brother so bad, Yonghwa, the only brother she has. Once again, she saw the message, smiling alone in the classroom.

 

'Jungie-ah, how are you? Now oppa was in Italy. I’ll send some gift for you, so what do you want? When I visited shopping center here, I thought of you because there are many different kinds of hats here, you like it, right? I miss you Jung, I hope you always be healthy, and tell my regards to Samchon. I'm fine here. And when the tour is finished, I'll visit you in Korea.'

Your beloved oppa,

 Yonghwa

 

She really hopes that her brother will going home, it's been a long time since she had seen him. Over 5 years, Yonghwa only visit her once a year. In her heart, she hopes, her brother will always at her side. She was alone, she was lonely, if she could go wherever her brother away she’ll follow him. Suddenly, that memories appears in her mind.

 

Flashback

 

"Soojung-ah, I don’t want to harm you, I want you to grow well here with Samchon, it's my decision and my decision was unanimous. Oppa will not be waste this opportunity, Jungie. Come on, don’t cry like that, you’ve grown now, not a child anymore. Oh? I promise you, I will visit you once in a while. And when we meet again, oppa will take you to the amusement park and we'll play together. Oh?" He knelt in front of her, holding her small shoulders.

"Op.. Oppaa.. I don’t want to be alone, don’t go, hajima.. hajima… I.. I.. want to go with you.. Opp..oppaa.. Jebal.. Don’t leave me.." She sobbed, he saw her looking at him sadly. Her cry more broke when Yonghwa stand up and release her hands on gripping his shirt strongly.

"Mian Soojung-ah, I have to go, I promised to send your favorite stuff, you know? The trinkets at the overseas is very nice." He coaxed. But she’s still has not stopped crying.

"Please don’t cry Jungie.." He aligns to her eyes and wiped her tears. Soojung still sobbing, and getting louder when Samchon bring her into the house. Yonghwa just see her from the gate and then go.

 

Flashback off

 

If everyone could feel what she felt at the time, lonely, always alone and no one able to comfort her. Everyone seemed to agree to leave her one by one. Eomma, Appa, oppa, even in her childhood friends, they’re say that they love her so much, but how easily they leave her when she still need all of them? Family, she misses the whole family. If she could choose, she wanted to be near her parents wherever they are. But it’s just past.. Now she can breathe a little sigh though the wound being left behind will never disappear from the heart.

And soon, Yonghwa will go home to visit her. She smiled knowing that fact.

"Yah, Jung Soojung, didn’t you hear me? Oh my God, what happened with this girl." Sehun standing at the door shaking his head look a little strange of her attitude.

Soojung surprised, but she stay still. "Oh, when are you here?"

"Since I saw you smiling yourself like someone who has just fallen in love." Sehun teased.

"Mworago? Falling in love your !" She laughed shortly.

"Then why are you smiling like that?" She could not hide her smile. Sehun glance at her who still staring at her cell phone.

Without permission, he robs her cell phone make her looked up and then chasing him trying to investigate the reason why his friend's smiling alone.

When Sehun succeed to get out of the class, Soojung see someone across the classroom door, staring at the paper in his hand. But she can’t stop suddenly, her legs are not quite friendly as disc brakes can stop the rate of speed of the motor instantly. As a result, she landed right on top of someone's body with her closed eyes. Wish she could fainted on the spot. Her wish..

"Ahh.. Yah, do you think I am your bed? Ouch.." She heard the moans of a guy, oh gosh.... Do not tell that she landed on the top of a man's body. Slowly she opened her eyes. Scared. Trying to prepared her mental to accept whatever happens after this.

But when she opened her eyes, she was shocked by the most appalling figure in the world. THIS... IS... A DISASTER..! She was making eye contact with Kang Minhyuk! Ouch.. Stupid Soojung! She cursed herself.

She immediately got up and pretended to busy herself while cleaning and tidying up her clothes. She will not apologize to Minhyuk because it’s just similar to lowering self-esteem. Yeah, hopefully no one noticed, but no, everyone is looking at them both, but their eyes show as if they had many times to seeing them quarrel scenes.

"Yah, where did you hide your eyes? Don’t you see there are people walking in front of you? If you want to hold me, just say it, don’t be like that, old trick!" Minhyuk snorted softly while patting the pain on his waist because squeezing that girl.

"What? Old trick? Do you think I was deliberately? Even if I had to choose between your arms or chased the dog, I'm much happier chased the dog! Don’t dreaming in broad daylight Kang Minhyuk ssi, your expectations were too high!" Soojung rolled her eyes and pretended to shiver.

Minhyuk smile, "I am aware, very aware, my taste is too high if imagination of the girl. And you? Not included in the list of my qualifications."

Soojung not believe looking at him, her eyebrows raised. "Yah.. Jinjja.. Ah I know, it’s so Kang Minhyuk, imagine a woman it is your job right?" She mocked, make him annoyed. Suddenly her gaze fell on a sheet of paper that looks like the result of the exam, her eyes more rounded saw the title of the paper and there was D- written in red ink.

"Financial Management? Huhaha... You? Oops, mian, your examination paper clearly displayed there. D-?” Soojung pointed paper lying on the floor and then burst out laughing.

Minhyuk looks embarrassed and immediately picked up the paper. Realizing that he was embarrassed, he quickly put a senior face, "you do not immediately apologize for bump into me?" Minhyuk looked at her seriously.

"Ssiero..!" She said and then walked away.

Minhyuk furrowed brow, he swiftly turned her to face him. It looks like the scene in the cafeteria will be repeated. Soojung will not allow it. She tried to escape, but the screams of a man making their attention get distracted.

"Yah Kang Minhyuk!" Again, Jungshin will make it must release this girl. For this time he will not release her. He pulled her into the classroom and then locked the door.

Soojung surprised. She stared at him, his narrow eyes look sharp, she tried to break the grip and tried to unlock the classroom door, but Minhyuk hold it. He turned her so that she looked at him intently. Minhyuk's face is hard to read because of the distance between them is too close. Getting closer and more closer. He minimizes the distance between them and then spoke in her ear so his breath able to tickle her neck and made ​​her freeze.

"For this time, you can’t run away from me." He said flatly.

"Yy.. yahh.. What... are you doing? Let go of me!" Soojung choked, she tried to firmly but failed. She was afraid, suddenly her brain does not function properly.

"Kang Minhyuk! What are you doing in there?! Release her! Yah, Minhyuk-ah, get out!" Jungshin banged on the door and tried to push the door from the outside.

"Soojung-ah? Gwenchana? Jung Soojung.. Say something.." Sehun asked with worry.

How could she be fine in a state like this?

"I said let me go Kang Minhyuk!" She can control her voice back.

"You've said that you want to solve our problems right?" Minhyuk raised an eyebrow. Soojung saw him flashes.

“So?”

"Let's finish it now!"

"What do you want?" Soojung look at him sharply.

"Take a revenge on you." He answered dryly. She remembered when she slapped him hardly.

She snorted, "take a revenge on me? You want to slap me? Geurae.. Slap me now! Ppalli!" She pushed his chest and then exposed her cheeks so he could reply easily to slap her on the right place.

Yeah, she will accept it, after that all the problems with Kang Minhyuk will be completed. She inhaled a deep breath and then closed her eyes. Whether it's going to hurt as much as anything, Soojung been prepared.

"I never told you will take revenge in the same way."

Suddenly her heart feels like it’s coming out of her chest cavity. She caught. In the next moment her heart beat faster. She had to remind herself to breathe again. Something soft landing on her cheeks and when she opened her eyes, his narrow eyes clearly visible in front her. This guy...

She was lost for words, not knowing what he would say, stunned, stock-still, frozen there. But the dominates is anger. So angry till she could not pull out a single word. And when this happens, there are always thousands of needles piercing her eyes. She cried silently, a single tear fell down on her cheek. That guy’s face looks sketchy because of the tears that had accumulated in her eyes.

With the tears she could not weir, she she ran away from Minhyuk and managed to open the door lock with a rough. Everyone was standing in front of the door stunned to see her. Regardless of their startled gaze, she ran left some people are calling behind. She does not care at all, she could not hold his feelings right now. That guy was outrageous! Kang Minhyuk... He is so cruel!

Corridor campus looks blurry because of the tears are difficult to stop. As she wipes and wipe it with the back of his hand, she hit someone again and this time she trying not to fall. But someone was actually catch her and looked at her worried.

"Soojung-ah, what happened? I'm waiting at the gate but you… Jungie? What's wrong?." His voice is very soft, just Lee Jonghyun who has a soft and soothing voice like that. Suddenly she hugged him and shed tears there.

"Soojung-ah.. Marhaebwa.." Jonghyun hugged her back, her hair gently. That embrace, it so comfortable for her.

 

---- 0 ----

 

"I kissed her."

"Mwo?" Jungshin widen his narrow eyes. "Gosh...! You.. really!! Yah!! How dare you do that! Oh my God, Kang Minhyuk! Do you realize what have you done? Oh?!" Jungshin looked at him in disbelief.

Minhyuk just silent.

"You, answer me! Do you realize what you've done?" Snapped Jungshin.

Minhyuk is still silent.

“Yah…!”

He pulled his breath, reluctantly. "I... I do not know Jungshin-ah.. I.. I do not know what I did." Now he looked at him desperately.

“Need to be affirmed? You kissed her!"Jungshin emphasizing each syllable.

"Yah! Aiiisshh... Molla..!" Minhyuk scratching his head until his dark hair look messy, then lowered his head on cafeteria table.

"Kang Minhyuk, what's wrong with you?" Jungshin give investigative gaze.

How could he answer if he himself does not know what the answer is. Whenever he saw her, he was always excited to . Make trouble with her increasingly make him happy. That girl... He clueless.. He could not describe what he felt right now. And remember that girl cry like that, making what he felt at this time it became clear, he regretted.

"Oh.. Okay, this is a disaster." Said Jungshin flatly.

 

---- 0 ----

 

Soojung sitting on her porch while playing the leaves are falling, tore it into two, then four, and so on up into small pieces. She was not aware of what she is doing now. Her mind drifted to what happened in this afternoon. She vaguely remembered his face, though it looks blurred with tears, but she could see the expression of regret there. No, she can’t forgive him. But without realizing it, she holds her cheek still hot when she remembers it.

"Jungie-ah.." Sehun over to her and sat next to her.

"Oh?" Soojung looked up in surprise.

"Gwenchana?" Sehun see her, like he had interrupted whatever she was thinking.

"Oh, gwenchana. Wae?" She answered simply.

"I return your phone, sorry, because I you so.."

"Never mind, I don’t want to remember it anymore."

"Should I report to..." Soojung cutting his words.

“No, no need, I even do not allow Jong oppa to tell to Samchon. I also tried to stop him to beat that guy. If that happens then the feud between the companies will definitely deteriorate. I don’t want to make it even worse. Although I do not know why Samchon so hated his family." She’s staring into the sky.

 "What did he say to you was that made ​​you cry? What he really slap you?" Ask him carefully.

"Oh? No, forget it.. It's nothing." She stood up then go past the grounds to the gate.

"Where are you going?" He shouted.

"Parks." She answered simply.

Surely it is more than just 'nothing'. If it was not so sad, she may not go to the park and be alone there. Jung Soojung.. Not a tough girl as she showed to everyone.

 

 

---- 0 ----

 

Kang Minhyuk sitting on a bench near the oak tree. He looked at the letters carved there. The carving was too big to be seen from his place. Suddenly memorable moment came out in his mind.

 

Flashback

 

"What if we write the initials only, otte?" His suggestion.

"Whateve, just write it ppalli! I would see it from the bench." The girl ran to the bench near the oak tree and watched him from there.

"The font is not big enough oppa!! You have to make it bigger to look from here!!" Screamed the girl.

"Ahh.. you're very chatty as ahjumma!" He protested.

"Mworago? Oppa! You just said that I chatty? You say that I like an ahjumma?" She was chasing him.

"You're really like ahjumma!" He dodged her punches.

But then bodyguard Lee, who was still a driver in his family to pick him up and take him home. As he was about to get in the car, the girl was just waving her hand and smiling sweetly at him.

"Annyeong oppa...! Tomorrow we will play together again." Squeaky child's voice was clearly imprinted in his head.

But the next day, that girl did not come.

 

Flashback off

 

He smiled remembering his past. That girl, who knows where she is now. Does she already have a boyfriend? Recently he met her, she did not want to talk to him. He does not know what made her behave like that, but clearly, his father told him not to hang out again with the girl. He does not know what happened. All seemed to vague now. Only the girl's smile is still remembered. The smile that always made him smiling at the sight.

"Hyuk-ah, it's time to FNC building." Says Lee Samchon interrupted his nostalgia.

"Oh? Geurae.." Minhyuk take a deep breath for a moment, and then move from his seat.

From afar, Soojung see him. She saw he moved from the bench and walked away. She walked to a bench overlooking the oak tree and sat there, looking for what had attracted his attention. Clearly engraved initials carved there. She smiled, realizing the writing turned out to be ugly. She took a deep breath, before he took out the feeling that wants to pour out there.

 

tbc


I know, so many many many grammatical errors here. Mianhae :)

Thanks for reading.