A really serious conversation

How I Met a Ghost

 

 
---
[Jinsoo's POV]
 
"You know what?" I started as I jumped off the chair in the dressing room and dusted my dress before crossing my arms in front of Donghae who was playing on his iPad. On his sides were Eunhyuk and Siwon who were both watching him play.
 
I heaved out a sigh.
 
"The inkigayo cameramen might be gay people." I told him as I could exactly see how those brows of his rose up with his eyes looking directly at mine now. The two juniors on his sides glanced at him as he apparently stopped on his game.
 
"Seriously, Haehae. They have a crush on you. Or perhaps, your fangirls have them paid so they could see you the most on television." I laughed as I reckon how much screentime Donghae had on their performance just a while ago. Donghae just rolled his eyes after giving out a sarcastic smile as he reciled on playing Angry Bird or whatever that is on his ipad.
 
"The van's ready.. let's go guys!" Teukie umma announced to all members which got each of them packing up their things and preparing to leave.
 
I waited for Donghae to rise up as I wanted to walk side by side with him. Although seriously, it's a bit hard with Eunhyuk and Siwon seemed to be guarding him around.
 
And so, I ended up following BEHIND. -_-
 
"Eun-Si-Hae... How cute." I chirped.
"But now, it's us four who's always together.." I muttered out my thought before squeaking, "Eun-Si-Hae-Jin! Hah! That sounds good."
 
Donghae laughed as he stopped on his tracks which almost caused a collision between us except that his touch went through me.
 
"Hyukjae, Siwon.. You two go first.. I think I forgot something in the dressing room." Donghae said as the two guys nodded and went ahead. Once they're away, I quickly moved beside the fish and peered at him.
 
"I don't think you left anything from the dressing room, Haehae." I said as I tilted my head and pouted at the guy.
 
Donghae sighed as he tried poking my cheek which brought a warm sensation all over my system. It's that hair-shivering feeling that got me shuddering even though his touch never really went in contact with my skin.
 
"S..Seriously, Haehae. Stop doing that! Aish." I stuttered, my face flushed as Donghae looked at me in confusion.
 
"What? I'm not doing anything."
 
I raised an eyebrow. "Molla. Just stop making me shiver and all those weird whatevers. Nevermind." My voice came out more quickly as I saw Donghae sneered before chuckling lightly with that mysterious smile plastered on his face. A few people were passing by but they just kind of ignored Donghae who's looking mental, smiling and talking to no one.
 
I moved closer to him as we began to walk off.
"He just wants to walk alone with me that's why he told the two dorks that he forgot something in the dressing room." I smirked at the thought.
 
It's truly unbelievable how this guy's acting this way all of a sudden. I mean, just a while ago, he's rolling his eyes at me and now look who's walking side by side with me.
What happened on the night before his birthday *cough punishment cough* was something that seemed to not happen. I mean, everything was pretty much normal and Donghae didn't even get that angry at me then after.
 
Maybe, he understood that it's his fault that he got that punishment... that really unplanned punishment.
 
"Now that Hyukjae and Siwon are gone, what do you call us together now?" He suddenly asked, making me stumble off my pondering.
 
"What do you mean?" I peered bluntly as Donghae grinned before muttering, "Jin-Hae."
 
 
eh?
 
Okay. That's really absurd.
 
I stuttered out a laugh, shaking my head. "You sure? That sounds like a couple name to me. Oh! And Hyukie would probably get me killed if he happens to know about us."
 
"No. Hyukie won't kill you. My fangirls would." Donghae quipped before exclaiming, "Ah! Andwae! They can't see you. And JinHae will forever be a secret. End of story~"
 
I snouted back at him. "Silly. You're talking nonsense, you know that?"
 
Donghae stopped on his tracks, so did I.
 
And then, everything went twirling. My sight blurred off as a familiar sensation shot in.
 
"." I cursed under my breath as my whole system seemed to be swaying and I could just shut my eyes firmly while clutching a tight support on my head.
Donghae was watching at me, his eyes widening as I could clearly sense how he's weighing the situation.
 
"Yah. If you're fooling around, just stop it before I get seriously mad at you." I heard him say in a stern voice. I forced out a smile, squeakily muttering a "Gwenchana," to him.
 
But as if my whole body contradicted my own words, I landed with my lower back against the tiled floor as I could hardly restrain the pain in my head.
 
I feel horrible.
 
"Y..Yah. Are you alright? What's happening?" Donghae was alarmed this time, as he knelt on the ground, peering at me in worry.
 
"I.. I'm just a bit dizzy." I forced myself to stand up even though I almost stumbled and faltered on my own feet.
 
"Liar. You're not okay." Donghae muttered as he crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow.
"We can stay here for a bit Jinsoo-ah. Im'a just call Teukie hyung and tell them to go first so you can rest."
 
"Ani! J..Just ten seconds. Give me ten seconds."
 
***
---
[Donghae's POV]
 
"You okay now?" I asked, in full worry as I glanced at Jinsoo who's sitting on the edge of my bed. She honestly looked pale, almost lifeless. But when she smiled and nodded her head, my worries were replaced with relief.
 
"If you want, you can sleep there tonight. I'm going to take the couch." I offered although not really going to give her a choice. Jinsoo sniggered.
"Why is Haehae so kind to me lately?"
 
"Y..Yah! What are you thinking? Aish. Forget it. Just sleep now, okay?" I immediately blurted as I headed to the couch located by the foot of the bed. I was about to lie down when Jinsoo spoke.
 
"You can sleep beside me. I wouldn't mind." I heard her say, making me jolt upright as I was welcomed with that innocent, yet expressionless face of hers.
I gave her an inquiring look.
 
"It's not like you can do something to me, right? C'mon Hae~ pleaaase?" She said in defense, pouting and her voice was being childish. I felt my face heating up as I thought of that night when she fell asleep on my shoulder.
 
"A..Arasseo." I muttered in silence as I marched towards my bed and stiffly settled in. Jinsoo lay beside me, her back facing me as I could assume that she might probably be sleeping.
 
I sighed, making myself comfortable as I pulled the blanket on. Sharing a pillow with a pretty ghost was never supposed to be this heart racing.
...okay. it's a different type of heart race.
 
"Donghae~ah. Komawo." Jinsoo suddenly whispered. Her back was still facing me as the dim lighted room made her figure almost invisible. I could notice how day by day, she changes.
And in turn, it made me worry in extreme, that she might leave me.
 
"What are you thanking for?" My voice was serious, not a hint of playfulness in it. Jinsoo heaved out before speaking again, "Because you'd been so good to me. Because I have you as my only friend. And because you take importance of me."
 
I want to laugh at how awkward those words hit me. But considering how serious this conversation is becoming, I chose not to do so.
 
"I just want you to know that you're so special to me, Haehae." She continued, her dreamlike voice seemed to be making me shudder. But moreover, knowing that she considers me special, I could never be more happy.
 
"That time when you learned about Yoona and the 2PM guy.. also  that night when you confessed to her and accepted her rejection... I seriously wanted to comfort you, but I was helpless. I could never hug you nor give you a soothing pat on the back." She drooply said as she shifted over her side, her face visible in the darkness of the night.
 
"I haven't been that friend you could lean on. I'm always the one who pisses you off and pesters around, following you."
 
"Jinsoo-ah." was all I could say. Staring into her eyes, I would want to touch her face, make her blush, wipe those tears from her eyes.
 
"If only it's possible, I would kiss you right now." I unknowingly whispered as I peered in closer to her face, her eyes went wider as I guessed she just took in what I've just said.
 
"K..Kiss? Who? Me?"
 
I winked at her before approaching her flustered face, making her back off inch by inch as I continued to ascend closer.. and closer.
 
"Donghae-ah, what are you- AHHH!"
 
BOOM!
 
Jinsoo fell on her against the floor as she winced in silence, rubbing her leg as she glared at me.
"YAH! You did that on purpose, didn't you?!"
 
I snickered. "Whose fault is it that you're too idiot to even remember that I can't touch you?"
 
Jinsoo paused, thought for a while as she twitched an eyebrow and scrunched her face at me. "But still! You're so mean. I was being serious just a while ago."
 
I jumped off the bed and sat just in front of her. She pouted oh so cutely as she muttered, "Why do you have to ruin the moment?"
 
"Molla. Maybe because I don't like you saying those words." I explained in a matter of factly. "It's as if you're saying your farewell words. I don't want you to go."
 
Those words came out more sincerely, and rather easily.
 
"But what if that time comes that I'd have to leave? Haehae, I'm never sure of this life of mine. I'm a ghost." She lowly mumbled, looking away as she sighed out deeply. "There'd come a morning when you'll wake up with me nowhere to be found. And I'm afraid to say that I feel that day nearing."
 
I tensed. "Those headaches-"
 
She nodded before chuckling. "Although it seems funny to say, I feel like I'm closer to death... even though technically, I'm not alive."
 
I fell silent for a long time. Jinsoo, too.
Although she tried to laugh at her certain kind of joke, I could clearly see how she's gone out sighing again and again.
 
I leaned back on the side of the bed, my thoughts wandering somewhere else as the girl in front of me seemed to be thinking deeply as well. Her lips were curved up in a slight yet weary smile, her pale skin glistened with that slight ray of moonlight from the distant window.
 
One thing I figured out right at this moment: I've fallen in love with a girl who's so difficult to love. And thinking that she'd be gone away someday, I could hardly know what to do. 
 
 

 
awww wae. this story is getting sadder. T.T eotteoke? I had a hard time squeezing in funny moments cas to be honest, i really don't like it to be too dramatic.  but it is, at the moment, so yep. T.T
 
ANYWAYS!
I would love you forever if you check out my collab fic with my sweetie dongsaeng.  -> Boy, I'm in Love♥
It's a really awesome fic! *cough i'm sucha brag cough* lol Haehae is one of the lead guys so yu elfishes should check it out. ^ ^ TQ!!
 
but still, don't forget to comment in here, okay?♥