He came~~~ yayy

How I Met a Ghost

 

 
---
[Donghae's POV]
 
"KAMPAIIII!!"
 
A whole round of laughter filled my ears as super junior and snsd members all raised their glasses up, celebrating more like it's a new year instead of my birthday.
 
I walked towards the kitchen counter, avoiding Ryeowook and Eunhyuk's continuous nag for me to drink all the liquors up.
 
"Oppa, chukahae." Yoona smiled as I was a little surprised that she was already beside me, leaning in closer to my ear so that I could hear her voice among the noise.
My skin tingled as her breath touched my skin, making me shake my head as I forced out a really stiff smile at her.
"Gomawo."
 
I drank a mouthful of soju in order to catch on my missing heartbeats.
Aishh. These guys are making these girls drink..so much for being their sunbaes.
 
"I'm really happy that nothing seemed to have changed between us." I heard Yoona say, making my attention automatically turn towards her, this time, taking note of how sincere her gaze at me was.
 
She sighed, looking away at me as she said, "I'm guessing that oppa has a girlfriend now, am I right?"
 
"Unfortunately, no." I replied, a little too quickly as I stared back at her face.
 
My pretty girl. My first love. My first heartbreak.
 
My worst heartbreak.
 
It isn't that easy to get over you, Im Yoona.
 
"Is it not?" She peeped, disappointed. I exhaled deeply, putting the glass of liquor I was holding on the nearby table before leaning back on the counter.
 
"How are you and.. him?" I asked, avoiding the mention of that guy's name. I waited for Yoona's response and when it took a little too long for her to do so, I glanced at her in worry.
 
"Yah. Is there something wrong?"
 
"A..Aniyo! Of.. Of course there's none. I.. I and Taec oppa. We're doing good.. I guess." It wasn't usual for her to stutter like that. And as I suspiciously peered at her, she avoided it, choosing to just glance at my wrist, inquiring what time was it.
 
"Is it already late, oppa? manager oppa would be mad if we don't get home on time." She said as I retreated my eyes off her, my wrist for the time.
 
"It's a quarter to 1 A.M." I told her... and the moment I said those words, I inwardly let out a silent curse, literally smacking my own dumb head for freaking forgetting about her. . . Jinsoo.
 
 
 
"Exactly midnight. At Han river. You'll see my gift."
 
 
"I swear if you ditch me, you're dead."
 
...
 
I'M DEAD. OH GOD.
 
And it's flipping almost 1 AM!! *SCREAMS INWARDLY*
 
"Y..Yah. Are you alright, oppa?" Yoona asked, a little flustered, I guess, at how I was acting.
 
". I need to get to Jinsoo." I whispered, not intending for anyone to hear but myself.
 
Yoona threw me a puzzled look before I grabbed a random suju member's scarf that I found nearby and told Yoona, "I'm going out for a bit, Yoong. If the members ask where I am, tell them that I just went out for fresh air."
 
And by that, I sneakily headed towards the door, leaving the noisy clash as I wore the scarf on my face for disguise.
 
"Park Jinsoo. Just wait there." I inwardly chanted again and again as I turned my paces into quicker ones, my steps coming into a full speed sprint as soon as the snail-speed elevator took me to the ground floor and went out.
 
---
[Jinsoo's POV]
 
"I think I'm ugly~ and nobody wants to love me~ just like her I want to be pretty~!! I wanna be pretty~! don't lie to my face~ cas I know I'm ugly!"
 
Singing my out of pitch voice to the top of my lungs, I lay awake with the dark sky enveloping my very ceiling. The Han river nearby caused a really shuddering chill that made me feel colder than ever.
 
"Wae is it that I feel so upset? Aish. I shouldn't be sad. Park Jinsoo FIGHTING!" I cheered, jolting upright as I put my fist upwards and let out a really good smile in my face.
 
"Haehae. You're going to be a dead meat later." I pouted as I let sinister laughs rung all over my sneaky brain.
 
But how can I do that though? I can't touch him!
AHHHHHH!
SO UNFAIR! T.T To think that he made me cry and he wouldn't pay for doing so to me!
 
AISH. I certainly need to think of something....
 
 
 
"JINSOO!"
 
 
 
Did someone just call- DONGHAE?!!
 
"I'm worried that you might've already left." Donghae said in between pants as it seemed that he ran his lung out just to get in here. His face was full of sweat whereas his breathing came in short and hoarse.
 
He came.
 
"Mianhae. I'm late."
 
My heart softened just by the sight of him. And although I thought that my eyes had ran out of tears to spill, I honestly have no idea where these approaching tears came from.
 
"AGDAMSDFASAG! HAEHAE!" I stood up, approached him in haste as I swallowed my tears back. I almost threw my arms at him when I remembered that I couldn't hold him. I could never hug him.
 
"Now, where's my gift?" He suddenly asked as he looked around.
 
I pouted, "It's gone."
 
"BWOH? Wae? What is it anyways? Yah! Don't take it back. I want my gift!!" He yelled like a little kid. I looked at him in disbelief as it so seemed like he's throwing a tantrum.
 
"I told you. It's gone." I quietly settled down back to the grassy ground, patting the seat next to me, urging for him to sit beside me.
 
"What do you mean, gone?"
 
I rolled my eyes. "12 midnight. Han river's fireworks display."
 
Donghae heaved out an "Ohhh..", making me scrunch my face.
 
"Yah. Don't you even regret not coming her earlier? You just missed my gift!"
 
Donghae glanced towards me, shaking his head. "We can always watch next week. Seoul never runs out of fireworks."
 
"But today is different. It's your birthday.." I saddened, drooply looking back into his eyes staring into mine. "Next week, it won't be your birthday anymore."
 
"Gomawo, Jinsoo-ah." He smiled, melting me at the same time.. making me halt my breath at that exact second. Hearing those words made it all up. And as I inwardly felt my cheeks heating up, I averted my gaze as I silently replied a "Hmmp" sound.
 
And I freaking don't know what's happening to me. AIGOO. Fishy is making me feel new things... weird feelings.
 
"You.. Why did you come late, by the way?" I asked, putting my knees closer to my chest as I hugged them tightly. Donghae sighed.
"SuJu members threw out a party for me."
 
"Oh. So that's what I smell.. Soju." I sniffed jokingly and waved my hand at him. "Eew!! Drunkard. Shoo!"
 
"Yah! I didn't drink that much." He claimed as he as well sniffed in his collar, making me chuckle at the sight.
"Drunkard!!" I stuck out a tongue at him as I giggled.
 
Donghae just huffed, puffing his cheeks as he stared at the river nearby. The colorful lighted fountains made the night beautiful as it illuminated the moving water.
 
"Why did you ditch your own party then?" I asked out of the blue after that long silence.
 
"I don't know. Maybe because I want my gift from you." He sheepishly grin but frowned then after. "It's my fault that I didn't see it though. It must have been the most beautiful fireworks ever. What a waste.."
 
I looked at him in extreme surprise. Every word brought out a shiver down my spine.
 
Did he just indirectly say how he took importance of me?
 
He went out of his party to see me.. and even regret for not having to watch the fireworks....
 
"Touching.." I heaved in a low mumble as my smile went wider.
 
"Haehae.." I called, taking in his attention instantly.
 
"What is it?" He inquired.
 
"I.. I was just wondering if do you, by chance, already see me as a normal person. I mean, I'm still a non-existent being who might be just your imagination and I-"
 
He shooshed me off, making me stop on my speech as I waited for him to speak.
 
"I believe you're real, Jinsoo. And you had always been existent to me."
 
***
 
---
[Donghae's POV]
 
"Hey, why is your phone on your ear?" Jinsoo asked as she raised an eyebrow at me.
She was seated beside me as we took a late night bus on our way back to the dorm.
It's all thanks to her insistence that we took a bus home instead of a cab.
 
"If you haven't noticed, I'm apparently keeping myself quite sane to those five pairs of eyes riding this bus. They'd think I'm crazy talking to someone wearing an invisibility cloak." I chuckled, still my phone was firmly pressed on my ear.
 
Jinsoo snouted but never less, let out a sneer. "Oh, that's a really genius idea, Haehae. I'm so proud."
 
I bet she'd be patting my head like a puppy only if she could touch me. That's what the tone of her voice told me.
 
"Anyway, you came late-- oh scratch that. You came super late at our meeting." She spoke, making me furrow on my forehead.
 
"And, you're saying?"
 
"I would love to give you a punishment!" She blurted, quite happily and err.. evilly.
 
I widened my eyes at her. "You're kidding, aren't you?"
 
"No." She said immediately. "If you don't do the punishment, I'm going to leave your life and just wander somewhere else."
 
Bwoh? No. No. No. That could never be.
 
"W..What is it?" I asked in a bit hurried voice as I intently looked into her eyes. She seemed lost on my words as she asked, "Jeongmal? You're going to do it?"
 
I nodded.
 
She was taken aback, criticizing me. "So, that means you don't want me... out of y..your life?"
 
I gulped. And I saw her do so as well.
And at the exact second, we averted from gazing at each other. Straightening myself, I lowered my head and twiddled on my fingers after putting my phone into my pocket.
 
Who cares about what other people thinks anyways?
 
As the bus continued to move forward, my heart seemed to be left behind. Jinsoo had been as silent as the throbbing thing inside my chest. It was as if it was beating in a slow, painful march as I exhaled deeply every now and then.
 
I don't want her out of my life. And I know that she noticed how evident it was in my voice.
 
"A..AHH!" I heard a quiet wince coming from the girl beside me as it made me kind of alarmed the moment I found Jinsoo looking terribly in pain as she held on her head in firm grasp. Her eyes were shut as her forehead was furrowed thoroughly.
 
"W..What's wrong? Jinsoo-ah. What's happening to you?"
 
I felt so helpless as I didn't know what to do, panic rising in my eyes as I watched her like she's in a serious headache or migraine or whatever you call it. She was seriously becoming far from opaque, and instead she was seemed to be more filmy, transluscent,.. like she's about to disappear in thin air.
 
"A..Apa.. My head.. it hurts." She hissed as I tried to hold her but failed when it went through her just as I already had expected.
Inwardly cursing, I peered closer to her, whispering her soothing words and saying that everything's going to be fine.
 
The bus stopped on the red light and at that same time, Jinsoo halted on her wincing.
 
"A..Are you alright now?" I asked in such worry.
Jinsoo lifted up hear head, lightly chuckling.
 
She stuck her tongue out at me. "HAHAH! I fooled you, Haehae! Mehrong!"
 
I.. Can't.. Believe.. This.
 
---
[Jinsoo's POV]
 
"YAH! YOU THINK THAT'S FUNNY?!" Donghae angrily grunted as his almost teary eyes looked in such rage into mine. "I.. I almost thought that you're going to be gone."
 
I inwardly smiled at his words, taking note of how sincere those were. Just by thinking that he's afraid to lose me was enough for me to be happy.
 
"Don't do that again." I heard him mutter in a silent yet still angry voice as he moved out of his seat and just shifted to the one farther from me.
 
"I guess that will do for the punishment." I thought as I looked through the window, sighing out loud when I touched my still throbbing temples.
 
"It was a real painful headache though. I just don't want you to worry, Haehae. Mianhae." I inwardly said, still feeling as dizzy but tried to restrain myself from breaking out. I don't want to see that worried face of him again.
 
"Aish. What's happening to me?"
 

 
omooo. sorry if da chapter ain't dat good. >< da next chappies wud be a little sad... /cries..
and im still thinking about how wud i end it. Aiyoo~ ><
please do comment!!♥