IV. Hyunji and Mina's face-off

♥ More than FRIENDS but less than LOVERS ♥

A/N: Sorry for the long update! Here it is btw! :'D <33 because I've been lost for quite a long time, I will update two chapters today! I hope you like it ;;

 

~Chapter 4~

 

* on Hyunji/Your POV *

"Your what?" Sungjae froze in front of me, obviously shocked at my revelation.

I looked up at him and saw the mark of my hands on his flawless face. I met his eyes that's telling me how painful my words were, I felt guilty and looked away.

"She's my sister." I repeated, silently.

"You never told me you had a sister. You told me you're the only child." Sungjae was confused.

"I ran away from home." I tried to stand up carefully.

"What?! Why?!" Sungjae held my right hand to help me get up. I pulled out my hand as I stood up.

"When my mother died when I was 8, my dad was always out. He always told me that he got a lot of work to do and left me at home everyday, without knowing that he is just always with his first family. The real reason why my mom died was .. .. " I was cut and started sobbing.

I suddenly felt him get closer to me and he hugged me, trying to calm me down while patting my back gently.

"It's okay. You can trust me." Sungjae whispered.

Telling him won't hurt, isnt it? He knew already anyway, I guess it's time to tell him the truth about what really happened on my past and the real reason on why em I living alone. Maybe this way, my heartaches would be lesser.

"Mina's mom purposely shoved her on the street and a truck hit her." I continued sobbing. "I saw it with my two eyes."

Sunjae pulled away from the hug and looked into my eyes, with his eyes that turned real big as I spill out the truth.

"I found out right after her death that my mom and I were my dad's second family. It was my mom's mistake coming with my dad all these times even if she knew he had a family, but she just loves dad too much and besides, I was already on her womb. Mina is my elder sister, a half sister to be exact. Mina has an older brother named 'Jiro' which was already 18 at that time. The three of them came over to our house, my mom knew who they were and told me to hide upstairs, so did I." I paused a bit and held tight on Sungjae's shirt while I cry even harder as what I'm about to say is the most stragic part of the story already.

"I heard them bickering downtairs, I peeked through the stairs, worrying about my mom and I saw her mom dragging my mom outside the house, I ran downstairs to help her. I suddenly felt Jiro's grip on my waist as I ran out of the door, it was really painful, it was too tight. My mom was telling me to run but I didn't, I can't. I was tightly held by Jiro, I was too weak and he was too strong that I wasnt able to slip off his grip. My mom died in front of me after begging and all those explanation, but the thing that caught my attention was seeing her mom, mouthing the words 'You deserve it' to my mom who's literally dying already, and Jiro letting me go to hug my mom while smirking, so as Mina." I continued sobbing.

"Where was your dad during those times?" Sungjae asked with a shaking voice.

"He wasn't there. It all happened at the front of our house. It was a tragic day for me. My dad came right after the incident, when my mom was on my lap already, bleeding with no life. Mina, Jiro and their mom was nowhere to be found. I was crying but I was helpless, I don't know what to do. It was 3am when that happened and there were no people to help us, or me. My dad came running." I cut my words as I wipe away my tears as I saw Mina get out of the club.

"Awwwwww. If it isnt the lovebirds." She teased.

"You!~" Sungjae was about to ran over her but I grabbed his arms, calming him down.

Mina flinched.

"How could you do this to Hyunji? How could you act as if you have no idea how your mom killed her mom?! You're one of the reasons why she's now alone!" Sungjae was turning red, I can see that he was really angry.

"Sungjae, stop." I whispered, loud enough for him to hear.

"Oh!! So you knew?? Well. She should be thankful that we let her live. Hmmm, but I think she deserved to see everything! I mean. Your mom is a e!" Mina said it in a super loud voice while pointing at me that everyone turned their heads and judged me.

"YA!!!!" Sungjae shouted while I was still holding on him. He may hurt her the moment I let him go.

"Oh. Seems like Sungjae dont know? Oh well, you told me you guys aren't together but I heard people are saying you act like you're a couple, wow Hyunji, you got your mom's skill. You have the personality of a e too!!" Mina judged me.

I ran into her and slapped her left cheek.

"That is for my mom." as I lift my left hand and slapped her right cheek.

"And that is for me." I glared at her, with tears on my eyes, she glared back at me.

"Those weren't enough after what you've done. Be grateful that I aint capable of killing people because I could've killed you. I stayed silent all these years with fear, but you came up to me and said 'Sorry' when you found out we're on the same school, how stupid em I to think you were sincere." My talking becomes harder as I pierce my hands on my face, crying really hard.

"My mom is not a e. She loved your father dearly, our father. Dad never told her he got a family already. Dad called me his 'princess' and mom as his 'queen'. I never expected that Dad would actually lie to us and do this to me. After mom died, he never cared for me already." I cried harder.

* Flashback *

"HYUNJI!! WHAT HAPPENED?!" Dad ran over to where I am and shoved me to see my mom, not even looking at me, checking out how bruised my arms were because of his son's grip.

'Ouch.'  I cried on my mind as I watch my dad hug my mom.

"A woman with her 2 kids came along ... they were accusing mom for.. " I was cut when dad spoke.

"Mina and Jiro. My dear princess and prince." He whispered but loud enough for me to hear.

"PRINCESS AND PRINCE?! SO ITS TRUE, DAD?! WHAT ABOUT ME!?" I bolt out and stood.

"They're my real family, Hyunji." My dad didnt looked at me, his eyes still planted on my mom.

"Then what are we?!" I fought back, my dad didn't answered.

"I dont know .. I'm sorry." my dad answered.

It broke my heart, at a very young age, I've seen my mom died and my dad telling me that he don't know what em I for him. It hurts too much and I ran and ran and ran. Until I passed out.

* back to present *

"That is not enough. You have no idea how mom cried every night when they found out about you and your mom. " She whispered but I heard it in a way that I felt her words were piercing my ears directly to my heart.

"My mom hurt herself almost everyday and had gone crazy after the incident. You have no idea how much we suffered. I promised my mom that I will continue her revenge and that you will be the one to pay for the mistake your mom made." Mina threatened me.

I just looked into her eyes, showing no fear.

"My brother died after the incident, it was all because of you." Mina started to talk again.

"Me?!" a 'WTF' expression was seen on my face.

"He did everything to find you, to make you pay for everything, but he encountered a car accident that took away his life. See how you made our lives miserable." She answered back, gripping my arms.

"It's not my fault. I have nothing to do with it." I fought back.

"YES IT IS. I promise you. I will take everything that makes you happy away from you." she stared seductively at Sungjae and her lips.

"Sungjae will be a great payback but taking away your life would please me more." staring back at me.

"Not Sungjae!!!" I covered Sungjae with my body as a sign that I will never let her take Sungjae away from me.

"Why not? He's hot and you're not dating." Mina smirked while I looked away, thinking that the last few lines .. 'you're not dating'  were true.

"I will not let you lay a single hand on her." Sungjae stood at the middle, with his hands at his back, hugging me from his behind.

"Go on, Sungjae. Someday, you'll go crazy over me." Mina smirked and left while chuckling like an evil.

"NEVER." I heard Sungjae yelled a bit and hugged me tightly while looking at Mina who's leaving.

"Are you okay?" Sungjae held my face, I can't look directly at him. I'm so scared.

 

-- to be continued --

 

Blahhh~ sorry for the lame update but this has something to do in the future events :33