VII. Asked her out

♥ More than FRIENDS but less than LOVERS ♥

~Chapter 7~

 

* on Sungjae's POV *

I watch Hyunji as she go upstairs.

"Sungjae." Peniel broke.

"Yes hyung?" I asked.

"Are you sure you're not dating Hyunji?" Peniel asked.

I looked at him carefully, I noticed him looking at me.

"Hmmm." I looked away.

"No, we're not dating." I answered cautiously.

"Cool." Peniel answered quickly and left the kitchen.

* on Hyunji/Your POV *

I got it.

I know that look from Sungjae. Ha! Yes sir.

I walked upstairs and directly entered my room, on my closet.

I grabbed a cardigan and put it on as I rush again downstairs to get the first aid kit.

I got a small towel and soaked it on a cold water before returning back to the living room.

"Here!" I shouted, with the kit on my right hand and the cold towel on my left.

I've seen Peniel oppa sitting on the couch, without his shirt on. I froze and stood on my spot the moment I saw him. I looked around, searching for Sungjae but I haven't seen him.

"Oh~ Hyunji~" Peniel smiled at me.

"Ah! Oppa. Kekek. Here!" I carefully sat beside him.

I took out the towel, about to wipe him but I found it awkward so I handed him the towel instead, not looking at him.

Thankfully, he took it and wiped himself.

"Hyunji .. you owe me a lot." he smirked.

"Ne? About what, oppa?" I asked, looking back at him, wondering.

"About this?" he pointed his bare chest that turned really red, probably because of the burning hot chocolate I poured him.

I looked at it and swifted my eyes away in an instant.

"I'm so sorry ... about that .. oppa." I was stuttering.

Finally, Sungjae appeared, but he froze in front of us, his eyes widely opened. I looked at him.

"It's okay but you need to pay me back." Peniel broke.

"How should I pay you back then?" I asked him, still looking at Sungjae.

"Go on a date with me, tonight." Peniel bluntly said as he held my hand, trying to get my attention.

I quickly turned my head to face him. He was smiling at me, his eyes were twinkling.

"I ..." I started as I look back to Sungjae.

Sungjae was looking at me but swifted his eyes away the moment I looked back at him.

I sighed and turned back to Peniel oppa, who is still holding my hands.

"Please?" Peniel was looking positively at me, waiting for a "yes".

"Okay oppa. I will go on a date with you." I bowed my head. I've seen him smile wide through the corners of my eyes.

I had no choice but to say 'yes'. I did a mistake anyway, I feel guilty for my mistake but I'm also thinking of Sungjae. I hope he would understand.

I was staring at Sungjae's figure secretly, I've seen him bit his lip a little.

"I'm sorry. I guess I should leave. Excuse me." Sungjae broke.

"Okay man, see you tonight? I'll sleep with you, on your bedroom like old times, okay?" Peniel was so happy.

Sungjae nodded, not looking at him directly and about to leave.

"Sungjae, wait." I stood up but Peniel held my hand.

Sungjae saw this and looked away.

"No. Stay there Hyunji. Peniel hyung needs you. It's okay. I must leave you two to talk and spend more time getting to know each other more. You'll enjoy his company." Sungjae answered, looking far and biting his lips.

"Thanks man. Take care." Peniel left a remark.

"Sungjae ... " I almost whispered but loud enough for him to hear it.

He just looked at me coldly, with pain in his eyes. I looked back at him sadly and sighed.

Next thing I knew, I heard Sungjae shut the door close.

I closed my eyes and a tear rolled my cheek.

"I'm sorry Sungjae .. " I whispered to myself.

"Hyunji? Are you okay?" Peniel suddenly spoke.

"Ah yes oppa! Let's heal your burns!" I quickly wiped my tears, smiled and sat next to him.

I brought out the ointment for his burns and helped him apply this to the surfaces that were red.

We finished curing the slight burns with me being all awkward and stiff, with only Sungjae on my mind.

"So! I'll fetch you tonight?" Peniel stood up, handling out his phone, as a sign that he wanted to take my number.

I nodded, took out his phone and punched in my number.

"Cool. 7PM! Okay? Dress prettily for me, princess!" he remarked, while walking through the door, about to leave.

"Oh~ and I called your phone. Save my digits!" Peniel winked before exiting my house.

"Okay oppa! And yes~~ I will definitely dress prettily for you! See you!" I smiled. I don't want to make him feel as if I'm not interested, I know that he's a really nice guy too.

"Thank you for curing me, Hyunji. I can't wait to see you tonight!" He left those words with a smile on his face as he walk through his car and rode it.

I smiled at him and closed my door.

What have I've done?

I ran and grabbed my phone, about to dial Sungjae.

No messages at all. I sobbed.

I've dialed his number once, twice, thrice. He doesnt pick up. I kept on trying, I wanna hear his voice.

Still, no answer.

Crap.

* on Sungjae's POV *

How could I let her go out with Peniel?

I hit my head as I drove back home.

I've reached our house and threw myself on my bed.

I grabbed my phone and see Hyunji and me as the wallpaper.

Should I call her? I think I should not. She's with Peniel hyung now.

I kept on rolling on my bed until I fell asleep.

* ringggg ~~ *

I woke up as I heard my phone ring. I knew it was Hyunji.

I looked around and saw Peniel in front of me, unpacking his things.

"Woah. You scared me." I bolted up.

"Sorry. Haha. I decided not to wake you up the moment I arrived since you were having a good sleep." he answered.

Peniel hyung. He's always so kind and nice to me, how can I even get mad at him? I can't do that.

* ringggggg~~ *

My phone rang again, I just grabbed my phone and stared at it, looking at Hyunji's call.

"Ya. Aren't you going to pick that up?" Peniel asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Nope. It's nothing important." I lied as I hid my phone under my pillow and lay down again, piercing my face on the pillow.

* ringgggg~~ *

Antoher call.

"Hyunji please stop calling!!" I shouted on my pillow.

"Hyunji? She's the one calling?" Peniel looked at me oddly.

"No! I meant Youngjae. Our team captain, I'm so lazy to practice so I won't pick up." I lied and grinned at him.

"Oh okay. Haha. I thought it was Hyunji. I would be very jealous if it is. I'm her date tonight and she haven't even sent me a message yet." Peniel joked.

I had a sulky face and pierced my face on my pillow again.

What is she doing now? Is she preparing prettily for him? How will they date be? Does she likes Peniel hyung too? Instead of me asking her out, it's Peniel hyung who asked her. Argh, why em I so slow. I envy you, Peniel hyung. I wish I'm such a tough and confident man like you.

I kept on letting out deep sighs to clear my thoughts until I fell asleep again, too much thinking about Hyunji and Peniel hyung's date, huh?

~

"Hahahahaha!" I heard Hyunji's voice, it was her laughing voice, she sound so happy.

I turned around and I slightly closed my eyes at the sudden sunlight striking directly to me.

"Hey dude, what are you doing there? Come join us!" Peniel hyung called.

I opened my eyes and seen Peniel hyung and Hyunji, playing at the shore.

"Come here, Sungjae!!" Hyunji called out.

I did what she said and came closer to them.

Peniel hyung splashed water into me, causing me to giggle.

"Why are you so serious, man? Come here! I want you to meet my girlfriend formally." Peniel hyung dragged me to the water.

Oh no. Don't tell me ...

"Hyunji!! Your friend that is now my girlfriend! I asked her out and she said yes on our date!!" Peniel hyung pulled her and she wrap her arms around his waist.

"Sungjae. Thank you for being such a great friend to me. I'm so sorry we haven't told you earlier. We wanted to tell you on a lovely day so we just opened about it now! I hope you're happy for us too!" Hyunji happily said.

My heart broke into pieces, tears are cornering my eyes.

"Uhh .. yes, I'm .. . happy for the two of you. " okay, I lied.

"Yay! You're the best, Sungjae! If it isnt because of you, I wont be able to meet my perfect guy." she followed a remark as she kiss Peniel hyung's broad shoulder.

Peniel then kissed her forehead. "Hyunji is the only one for me." and he looked at me.

I turned back and cried.

Tears running down my cheeks.

"Hey, are you okay?" Hyunji tapped my shoulder.

I turned around and kissed her.

I kissed her really strong even if she's doing her best to pull out and break from my kisses.

I went a little overboard when I hugged her tight, I knew it would hurt her but I want her to know that I need her.

"Sungjae please .... stop. why are you ... like this ... " she's struggling and trying to speak with my lips on hers, I didnt mind.

"Hey!!" Peniel hyung grabbed my shoulder and punched me.

Black out.

 

-- to be continued --

Comment replies:

funnyfannyism ___ awww thank you so much ;; raaaa~ ♥♥ here's an update, sweetie ^^;

Melody999 ___ thank youuu! I hope you like it. :'D ♥

_spencer ___ yay thank you~ I hope you like this update too! I'm so glad that you're reading my story continuously. Aha Peniel tho. xD ♥