V. Who is he?

♥ More than FRIENDS but less than LOVERS ♥

As promised, two chapters in one day!! :'D Here's the other one!

 

~Chapter 5~

 

"Are you okay?"  Sungjae held my face, I can't look directly at him. I'm so scared.

I was shaking, still looking at the ground. It felt like the past is haunting me again.

"HYUNJI!!" Sungjae is shaking me.

"Ah yes." I snapped off of zoning out. I was crying.

He hugged me tight.

"Let me take you home." he insisted.

I nodded.

* on Sungjae's POV *

I've never seen Hyunji this scared. She's a very strong individual but she's trembling real hard now, I want to protect her. I want her to know that I'm always here for her.

"Let me take you home." I insisted, I wanna make sure everything's gonna be okay.

I drove her home and when we reached her house, I noticed she fell asleep.

I carried her bridal style and brought her up her room. I have a spare key to her house so I could enter anytime but I never used it yet, this is the first time I used my key to enter her home.

I carefully landed her petite body on the bed and removed her heels for her to feel comfortable. She seem tired, with dried tears across her beautiful face.

I decided to just spend the night and sleep downstairs, the couch won't hurt, isnt it? I wanna make sure she's safe here.

I turned off the lights and lit the little lamp shade at the side of her bed.

I was about to leave until she called me.

"Oppa....." I looked back at her, her eyes were closed, she may be dreaming since she never called me 'Oppa', I'm a year older than she is but we're too close for her to call me 'Oppa'.

I carefully walked over and sit at the side of her bed, she reached out her hand, her eyes were still closed.

"Oppa..." I held her hand.

"I'm here, Hyunji. I'm here." I softly whispered.

I've seen a little smile drew across her beautiful face.

"Don't leave me, Minhyuk oppa." she held tight as she hug my arms.

"Promise me, oppa." a following remark came out of her lips.

"Minhyuk oppa." she keeps on mumbling.

"Minhyuk oppa." she whispered again.

"Minhyuk oppa." her voice was fading.

My heart shattered. Who is Minhyuk? Does she like someone else? Is she dating someone named "Minhyuk"? We know pretty much each other's friends and I never heard the name "Minhyuk" from her before.

I shrugged my shoulders and pretended that I dont mind, as I pull a chair that's closest to my reach, I sat and laid my head at the side of her bed, holding her hand. I fell asleep at this position.

* on Hyunji/Your POV*

"Hi?" A voice woke me up, I'm on a place that's unfamiliar to me.

"Where em I?" I asked as I carefully sit up.

"You're on an orphanage. We found you at the street, bruised, and unconcious, so we took you here. Don't worry, you're safe here. What happened kid?" an angel-faced lady answered me.

"I .... can't ... remember. " I lied.

I just don't want to look through it again. If I tell them, they would ask too much questions that would make me remember everything. The pain is already too much for me to handle.

"Okay. We understand, just rest now. We still need to cure your bruises." she said while arranging my pillows for me to feel comfortable.

I fell asleep as I close my eyes, still trying to forget what happened.

"AHHHHHHH!! HELPPP!!"

I woke up with the sound of people running and screaming here and there. Some were asking for help, some were crying, some were just hopelessly standing and staring, waiting for the fire to eat them up.

The orphanage is on fire. Great. Is this really my fate? I decided to just sit down on my bed, crying, and like what others are doing, I decided to just wait till the fire eat me up. I have nowhere to go anyway, my dad threw me and my mom is dead. What is life?

"C'mon!!" A boy grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the room.

Next thing I knew, I'm out of the burning building already.

"What do you think you were doing?!" the boy half scolded at me.

"I just wanna die!! It's none of your business." I answered.

"You're new here, I see." he purposely changed the agenda.

I nodded silently and lift my head to see his face. He was a handsome guy, probably 3-4 years older than I am.

"Minhyuk." he smiled as he carefully pull out his hand for a handshake.

"H-h-hyunji." I took his hand but I was shaking because of too much trauma.

"Let's go Hyunji." he put his arms around the back of my neck. I felt safe and just let him lead me to where he is going.

~ ~ 

I bolted up from my bed. It's morning already.

"What a dream, more like a flashback." I shook my head. My head slightly hurts.

Next thing that caught my attention was Sungjae, who was sleeping on a chair, just leaning his head on my bed.

I felt a pinch in my heart the moment I saw him in that position.

He surely had a hard time last night and now he's not sleeping comfortably.

I carefully get out of my bed and took a quick shower.

I left a kiss on his forehead before heading downstairs to make a breakfast.

"Minhyuk oppa." I whispered on myself.

I wonder where you are now. I miss you.

I took out eggs, milk and other things that are needed to make pancakes and made it.

"Hmmm, bacon, cheese, pancakes and chocolate drink." I called out one by one, checking if I got all of them settled on the dining table before actually waking Sungjae up.

"Sungjae-ah!!~~" I called, stomping playfully while going upstairs to wake him up.

"Sung ... " I was cut off as I open my door wide open, not seeing a Sungjae.

"Sungjae?!" I called as I check the bathroom that's inside my room. I still haven't found him.

I started panicking.

Did he just left me? How could he pass by me quietly and escape? Aish this man. I even made him a tasty breakfast.

I put on a sulky face and got out of my room.

"Good morning gorgeous!!" Sungjae surprisingly came out of nowhere, hugging me from behind, his scent is all over the place, he smell sooooo good.

"Ya!!! You scared me! Where have you been hiding?!" I hit his arms that's around my waist, tilting my head a little bit to look at his face that's resting on my right shoulder.

"I was at the back of your door when you entered and the moment you checked the bathroom, I ran out and waited for you here. Pabo!" Sungjae playfully rubbed his nose on my right cheek, still not letting of my tiny waist.

"Hmp. You're good at these things!" I faced him and kissed his nose.

* on Sungjae's POV *

I felt her soft lips on my nose. It sent electricity through out my body.

I want her, I like her. She's mine but not officially mine. I don't know what to think, all I know is that I like her and I'm afraid to lose her.

"Let's go downstairs? I can smell the yummy breakfast you made, it made me wake up from my sleep." I poke my tongue out.

"Ha! So that's why you're up so early! How come I haven't heard the shower when you took a bath." she asked me cutely.

"Because you're a pabo!!" I lift her up and placed her petite body on my shoulder, her upper body on my back and her lower body in front of me, I held her thighs to secure her. Carrying her as if she's a sack of rice, not a human. She's just too tiny and super cute. She's super easy to carry.

"YA!!" she was trying to get down, her feet and hands are moving in an unstoppable pace and I quickly made a half squat to scare her, as if she was about to fall.

"AHHH!!!!" she screamed and stopped moving, her hands quickly wrapped at my waist, she held real tight on my shirt and it made me giggle.

"Ya! That wasn't funny! That mini-heart attack you gave me. Can't you see~ it's like .. half of my body is upside down here? If ever I fall my head would hit the ground!!! Youuu~~" she slightly hit my waist.

"You think I'm gonna let that happen?" I smirked.

"Whatever, Yook Sungjae." she answered cutely.

I put her down the moment we reached the kitchen, in front of the dining table.

I pulled the chair to let her sit, and I sat in the opposite side of the table, facing her.

"Let's eaaaaaaaaatt!!~~" she cutely shouted as she stab the bacon with her fork and fed me.

"Say 'aaaaaah~~'" she said, feeding me. I ate it and gave her two thumbs up, as a sign that her cooking was great. She smiled widely.

We ate silently but happily, until what happened last night came across my mind.

"Hyunji?" I called her name softly.

"Hmmmm?" she answered, carefully lifting her head to face me, with a fork on .

"May I ask you something? If you don't mind." I was cautious, this matter may be sensitive to her but I really em curious.

"Sure." she took out the fork on and started chewing on the pancake.

She was staring right into my eyes, waiting for the question.

"Ya~ ppali. I don't bite." She playfully said as she broke her eye contact to pick up another piece of pancake.

"Minhyuk. Who is he?" I bravely asked.

She stopped from what she was doing, shocked,with her pupils bouncing from left to right, maybe due to the unexpected question I asked. She carefully looked back at me, with wondering eyes. Eyes that are wondering how I knew the name 'Minhyuk'.

 

-- to be continued --

I think I like this update. Lol whatever xD I hope you like it too~ ! ^^