#5: Canon: Part of the Memories #1

Canon

Prompt: Drabble #1

 


Taehyung smiles, despite the pain from the stab he receives from Jeonggook. "You don't need to be sorry. What you did is...right for the both of us."

Jeonggook can't hold back the silent cries he's been keeping to himself. He emits a ed cry and Taehyung is on the verge of death, the oxygen in his lungs slowly running out and his vision slowly going blurred, blackening. He gives a final and loving kiss against Jeonggook's lips before he totally blacks out and the devil spirit inside him disappears.

I love you Jeon Jeonggook. Thank you~

 

Jeonggook stays stills as he reads the last seven words from the fanfiction he and Taehyung discovered on Naver. He looks away from the computer to see Taehyung sleeping comfortably on the couch. He looks back to the computer, the monitor still flashing the said fanfiction in italics and he starts to grip on the mouse a little bit tighter. It's not that he was inlove with Taehyung or he feels something for the elder but since they have built their friendship since elementary and somehow he feels sad about his hyung's death in the story. Not to mention the kissing scene. It's not that he's disgusted, he's not just used to read those kinds of stories boys kissing each other.

He was so deep in thought that he didn't notice that there were tears flowing down his cheeks and Taehyung was already giving him a comforting back-hug. He didn't know what to do so he pushed his hyung away and dashed his way to his room, slamming it shut.

"What's wrong with him?" Taehyung was confused. He looks at the computer and then the door of Jeonggok's room. He repeats this for a few more times before he decides to see it for himself. He sits in front of the computer and reads the italicised words. He scrolls up to read the whole story and eases himself on the swivel chair.

 

------

 

Taehyung knocks softly on the door and turns the door knob slowly. He was welcomed with the darkness of Jeonggook's room and began searching for the light switch when he hears whimpers somewhere in the room. "Jeonggook-ah?" The said boy didn't respond and continues to whimper. This bothered Taehyung and when he finally felt the light switch, he flicked it on, only to see Jeonggook in a corner, holding on to his knees. Taehyung immediately rushed to his side.

 

"Hey," He said as he hugged Jeonggook. "Are you okay?"

 

Jeonggook shook his head and continued to stay still in Taehyung's embrace. "Why?"

 

"What do you mean "Why?" ?"

"Why do you have to die on that fic? And that kiss we had on the fic, why does that have to happen?"

 

Taehyung pulls away and stares into Jeonggook's eyes. He can read that Jeonggook has mixed emotions at the moment and the way he stares at the ceiling, it just scares him. He pulls him into another embrace, this time filled with concern, brotherly love, and worry. "Hey, don't worry. It's just a story okay? Don't take it seriously."

"..."

"Don't worry," Taehyung stands up. "I'll just get something."

 

He exits out of Jeonggook's room and returns a minute later with his violin on hand. "I think this would work on you. I know you're calmed by this."

Jeonggook, who's still staring up on the ceiling, looks on his eyes and mentions something.

Canon in D by Pachelbel?

Taehyung nods. "Your favorite, right?"

Jeonggok's lips slowly turned into a smile. Taehyung grins and rests his chin on the chinrest as his fingers rest on the fingerboard and the other hand places the bow on the strings and begins to play Canon in D.

The moment the strings of the violin goes in fluid motion with the strings on the bow, Jeonggook's tense feelings began to ease up, the soothing sound of Taehyung's fresh violin from Germany, the sounds comforting him from his tense feelings thirty minutes ago.

"Wow." Jeonggook gasps from the sounds that comes out from the violin. "It's been a long time since I heard this hyung. Was that three years ago since you last played the violin?"

Taehyung grins as he continued to play the piece. "Yeah. That was way back first year high school, you know."

"Didn't you know that I was longing for this to hear?"

Taehyung softly smiles as he looks at Jeonggook. "Didn't you know I was longing for this moment? You, asking me to play this piece again?"

"Oh. Yeah. I... think so." Jeonggook looks into Taehyung's eyes. "It's been years since we talked like this, hyung."

Jeonggook stands up and hugs his hyung all of a sudden, making Taehyung let go of the violin off his hand. "Thank you.."

"Thank you for being here when I was down.

Thank you for being here when I was alone.

Thank you for being here when I was happy.

Thank you for being here when I was accepted into Seoul University. I didn't know that you were also enrolled in the same school. What's more surprising is that we're staying in the same room we're standing right now.

Thank you hyung. I know I can't repay you with anything, but I hope this would help."

Jeonggook hugs him tighter and places a chaste kiss on Taehyung's lips before pulling away.

"I like you hyung."

Taehyung kisses back and hugs him. "I think we should keep this as part of our memories."

"We should!" Jeonggook smiles and hugs him again. "We should really do."

 

FIN.

 


 

It's all rushed again folks. ;A; Comments and upvotes are highly appreciated. To all of my silent readers, please do drop by a comment. I'm not going to bite you. It's alright. ^^

 

Goodnight everyone~ Or goodmorning or goodafternoon wherever you are. ^_^