Rosefield Manor

Lost in Time

- - - Tao's POV - - -

Tears were trickling down my face, making my vision blurry. All that I could think is that it was all my fault. I couldn't find a reason why though, and that is what pained me the most. If only I could turn back time, go back to Xiumin... But that was non-logical nonsense. Crying all day in a field of roses won't get me nowhere, no matter how long I did it for. No one was coming to help me and I had to face that. I was alone once again.

Hastily, I stood up, rubbing the tears from my eyes so that I was able to see properly. In front of me laid many beds of roses (red, white, pink and yellow which made me smile as it reminded me of mine and Minseok's wedding day. Sighing, I looked at the manor that laid beyond it. Magnificient and breath-taking was a minimalistic way of expressing this building. Made from glowling, beige-coloured stone with a large amount of turrets, towers and windows, it looked like it'd came straight out of a fairytale book. The roof was made out of what looked like rectangular cuts of gold, beautifully reflecting the hazy, clear, blue sky.

I slowly approached the grand doors of the manor, built from oak, and pushed them open. In the entrance (which was was painted white and had brown tiles on the floor, accompanied by various doors leading away to other rooms) stood a white man, dressed in a ruffled white shirt made from cotton, a velvet, navy tail coat that was buttoned up, mustard-coloured pantaloons and high,black boots. His hair was curled and of a white colour and his figure stout and short.

"Ah, you must be Amos Grey. Though, they said you were going to pure-skinned. Nevermind."

"Excuse me?" I asked, eyeing the man up and down, happy that I took an English class in my University years.

"Please don't ask questions - it's very rude for you to considering your position in society. You, from now on, work for me and you'll adress me as Master. If you try to run away or do anything unfavourable, I'll be sure to have your head on a pole. Got that clear?"

"Yes, Master."

"You are quite the obedient pet. Now change out of those hideously weird clothes into something more fitting. She'll lead you." He pointed at a timid girl with rose blonde hair, blue eyes and fair skin, who was no older than myself and was dressed in a black and white maid's dress. Switly, the man spun on his heel and entered a different room, leaving us alone.

"Amos Grey, my name is Elizabeth Arwin. I am a maid at the Rosefield Manor, owned by William Newark, our Master. I pray that your ten year stay is not so painful and remains rather enjoyable."

"T- ten year stay?"

"Yes. As Master said himself, if you leave, he will kill you That is of course if you leave before your contract ends. Why do you think he has to keep hiring workers?"

Gulping hard, I realised that entering this place was a huge mistake. 

"Elizabeth?"

"Yes?"

"May I ask you a question?"

"Yes."

"Where am I and what is the year?"

"We are currently in Castleton, England. The year is 1866. Why? Did you not know?" 

Suddenly, my vision and mind went black as I felt my body hit the cold floor. Perfect - I was in a completely new country, 148 years away from my lover. Could my life possible get any worse?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that this chapter is short but Tao <3 I hope that I don't make that master too harsh on Tao. And also, I don't even know what to do with Xiumin? I feel sad tearing them apart but I'll try to maybe mend it later. ^_^ Please comment below and share with friends <3