Gone

Lost in Time

- - - Tao's POV - - - 

Light winds cooled the air as I felt myself sweating ever so slightly. Delicately adjusting my silk bow tie,  I smiled at my reflection in the mirror of the white 1927 Studebaker Dictator. As today was a special day, I opted for a clean, cream suit as black oozed negativity to my peers and myself.

Soon, we pulled up in front of many seperate arches made from weaved leaves, stems and flowers (such as white roses and pink lilies), all aligned perfectly to form a path. Next to the path were so many wooden chairs that were painted white. Upon them sat friends and family, who happily smiled at me in unison. My eyes detracted from their smiles to look directly ahead at the one who I dearly love. The one who I dearly hold and kiss. The one who I dearly cherish. Kim Minseok was my one and only - the saviour in my life. My saviour that protects me from bad feelings such as loneliness and heartbreak. There'd never been another man quite so unique and loving as he is. Even on this day, my tummy still fills with special butterflies, making me nervously excited to the point where I childishly link arms with my father for support.

Elegantly, we stepped towards the altar; towards him. Finally, I stood in front of him, as his beautifully rounded, squirrel-like, dark hazel eyes meet mine, telling me everything he felt at the moment; love, excitement and certainty. That was all I needed to know as we mildly listened to the priest, looking into each others' eyes for what seemed like eternity.

"Zi Tao, do you take Kim Minseok to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"Yes."

"Kim Minseok, do you also take Zi Tao to be you lawfully wedded husband? 

"Of course."

"Zi Tao, you may now say your vowels."

Clearing my throat, I gently grabbed Minseok's hand and held it to my heart.

"Can you feel that? It beats for you and only you. We've known each other for longer than I can remember and have secretly liked each other for twice as long. From the first moment I saw you, I felt something deep within my heart; love. A feeling so that is so irreplaceable, I would probably die if it wasn't with you. That's why I'm here, letting you know that even through good and bad, through thick and thin and even if we aren't together in the same place, I will always love you. Even beyond death."

I gazed into his now tear-filled eyes as I squeezed his hand, reassuring him.

"Tao-ah, I don't know where to start. Like you've said, we have loved each other for a very long time. I cherish you so much that if I was to lose you... Well - I wouldn't go down without a fight; even if it took me an eternity, I would still search for you as I know that our love will guide me to you. And an eternity is how long I'll care for you and take all you pain away. Forever, you'll remain in here." He whispered, pressing my hand against his chest.

"May the ring bearers please come forth?" The priest asked.

Two little girls, Lilia and Akira (Minseok's younger cousins) walked towards us, holding a titanium ring each, which was encrusted with three beautiful diamonds. I smiled down at them as I realised that Akira kept stumbling over her lemon sundress, so I carried her the rest of the way, earning myself a dainty kiss on the cheek in return as I lowered her to the ground. Before accepting the rings, Minseok and I both lit a white candle, to symbolise the binding of our purity and love, before we both slid the rings on to each other's finger, smiling at each other. 

"As the people here today, friends and family, have experienced this beautiful union in love, I am happy to tell you that you are both now husbands. Congratulations - you may kiss each other."

Grinning at my husband, I held him close as we gently pressed our lips together; his lips tasting rather sweet from the vanilla and honey lip balm.

 

I smiled to myself, running the event around in my head over and over again. Still, I cannot believe Xiumin and I are now married. It's being two weeks now and finally we have arrived at El Nido, a scenic beach located in the Phillipines. Tonight was going to be a special night as Xiumin and I hadn't had ual yet. We both came to the conclusion before the wedding that we shouldn't just have on the night that we get married since it isn't that meaningful - it only feels like we married each other just for the sake of , which certainly wasn't the case. So, we planned to have it on the night we arrived at our honeymoon resort, where everything was calm and we were seperated from worries and any other distractions. 

At the moment, I sat there, with a few pieces of paper and a pen, capturing the waves and the blue sky within my drawing. I wasn't the best drawer, but it seemed to make me feel relaxed and calm, like I am with Xiumin.

"Honey, can you come over here?"

"Of course, dear." I shouted, folding up the pieces of paper and shoving them inside the pockets of my shorts, along with my pen. 

I was soon within Xiumin's arms, inhaling his strawberry scent and enjoying his warmth and how his skin felt upon mine.

"I want to stay like this forever." I whispered, as I wriggled my toes in the golden sand, rubbing my lover's arm with my thumb.

"We can - I'll never leave you, remember?"

"Of course." I said, turning to kiss his soft lips.

"We'll be together forever." I breathed, closing my eyes to block out the strong sun and enjoy the feeling of his embrace.

However, when I opened my eyes, the beach had disappeared. Xiumin had disappeared. It was all replaced with a old manor house. Wait, where's Xiumin? He was just here a minute ago. Tears began to sting my eyes as I began to panic. Is this just a bad dream? Pinching my arm, I decided very quickly that the answer was no. But it can't be. I felt in my pocket for a piece of material - just anything to confirm that I was out of place here; that this wasn't reality. Withdrawing paper and a pen from my pocket, I looked down at it confused. Magically, the words "Tao, it's Minseok. Where are you?" were being written on the paper with black ink. But - that isn't even possible. Non of this was possible. 

Closing my eyes tightly, I tried to think back to the beach, remembering that Xiumin had also brought pen and paper. Counting to ten, I opened my eyes to find myself in the same place, with new words being scribbled on the creased paper: "Tao. Please... Just respond. I am still at the beach. What happened? Where did you go? You promised to be with me forever, yet you left me alone."

Dropping to the floor, the tears came flooding. The last sentence played over and over again in my head. Finally, I gathered up enough courage to write on the paper. "I... I don't know... I closed my eyes then everything disappeared. Please.. help me because I'm gone."

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'll update soon. Let's just hint that Tao is somewhere in my homeland, but the manor isn't a real place so don't try searching it up.  The picture at the top is just to show the wedding lay out (there are multiple natural arches though lol).

 Chu~~~ <3 <3 <3